PDA

View Full Version : Fastest way to get extra mode?

Karazykid
Dec 28, 2008, 06:08 AM
I had a copy of this for my PC and beat most of the story, now that I bought it for my 360 I just wanna get into extra mode to play with some friends but REALLY don't wanna sit through the 10+ hours just to get back to where I was. Is there some way to unlock everything to just play extra mode or am I forced to play the story?

And yeah, I know I unlock extra mode after chapter 4 but you can't go to Moatoob or Newdaiz or anything.

Talise
Dec 28, 2008, 08:45 AM
I'm kinda confused here, what do you mean by unlock extra mode to play with friends? You mean actually have your friends come over and play your extra mode, or you want to play online? because you have to buy a Guardian's license(subscribe) to play online... otherwise there's no other way to unlock extra mode besides clearing chapter 4(which is pretty fast to do)

Karazykid
Dec 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
Sorry, I was really tired when I wrote that. Kinda made sense at the time.

I meant I wanna open all the stuff for extra mode. I won't be able to play online til the 1st, so I'm just gonna play solo and get my character up but as soon as you beat chapter 4 all you can do is go to Parum. I don't have clearance to go to Newdaiz and that sucks.

So is there a faster way to get to it, or what's the earliest chapter in story mode that gives me everything in extra mode?

buzyb77
Dec 28, 2008, 03:44 PM
extra mode only unlocks as you play

Your extra mode toon can not go online

you online toon is online only...

darkante
Dec 28, 2008, 04:22 PM
Yeah, i think you have a more fun experience if you just wait unto you go online.
Seeing as you canīt bring the Extra mode character online.

Just a tip for you.=P

Talise
Dec 28, 2008, 04:39 PM
the thing with extra mode is...it's not a seperate mode, it really is an Extra mode... basically it lets you play the party missions and have the items that are currently available in story mode. That means it's exactly story mode with a different character except there's no story missions, and thus you can't advance in the game. So in order to get more stuff in the game, you must play through story mode until you've beat it. In online mode, the story is set to after the events of story mode and there's no unlocking to do. Also because it's an entirely different story, you have to start off with a new character.

Karazykid
Dec 28, 2008, 05:10 PM
Yeah, nevermind. Was listening to my idiot cousin who said it was the same thing. So thanks anyway!

buzyb77
Dec 28, 2008, 05:32 PM
Yeah, nevermind. Was listening to my idiot cousin who said it was the same thing. So thanks anyway!

in PSOon the Xbox it was, on PSU it is not.