PDA

View Full Version : meseta drop

fay
Dec 28, 2008, 09:57 AM
lately iv saw a few people on here mentioning that mesata comes under a rare drop. i dont understand how this works because i tried some stuff out.

i sets rare items to finder. i let the other person pick up all the mesata and by the end of the level i didnt get any at all. i still had the same mesata i came in with

then i tried doing this with non rare items and by end of the level i still didnt come out with anymore mesata.

so all though iv saw people saying that mesata comes under a rare drop it doesnt seam to work for me meaning that it seems to come under its own type of item.
i tried this because of the what do you pick up topic. people saying that they pick what they do so that mesata is evenly distributed but in my case its a. if you want it then run for it.

i play 360 version btw.

maby i done something wrong though so id be happy for someone to prove me wrong :)

Newman_Gh0st
Dec 28, 2008, 10:33 AM
MAG noob...

So lets see, theres 2 options..youve tried one..soo?

San Anto
Dec 28, 2008, 10:35 AM
meseta is a normal drop.

fay
Dec 28, 2008, 10:51 AM
read what i said. i tried both choices.
and for your comment. MAG noob. i started well before mag. get your facts right before you try an insult
i probabaly know a lot more about the ps series than you considering iv been playing pso since it came out and that includes through to psu today

DarkEliteRico
Dec 28, 2008, 10:54 AM
Meseta would fall under a normal drop, it doesn't have a rarity to it.

HienkyakuX
Dec 28, 2008, 11:19 AM
meseta goes by rare drop. don't believe me then set rare to finder do a run with a friends let him pick all the meseta and then look at the action log in the mydocumend/sega/aoti/log/action log for that day. (u need to be in pc to see the log and have it enable)(but this is most likely the same for the others ps2/360)

btw let me point this out just in case the setting was rare to finders and normal was random.

fay
Dec 28, 2008, 11:24 AM
meseta goes by rare drop. don't believe me then set rare to finder do a run with a friends let him pick all the meseta and then look at the action log in the mydocumend/sega/aoti/log/action log for that day. (u need to be in pc to see the log and have it enable)

as you can see there is a lot of people who are confused about what it really is then.

i play 360 though mate. i dunno. maby it glitched or something but i deffinetly tried both and it didnt work with either. i shall try normal items again as i feel this is probably the most correct option

Mortisx3
Dec 28, 2008, 11:46 AM
Its a normal drop

NDW
Dec 28, 2008, 11:46 AM
meseta is a normal drop.

Its a normal drop

/thread

SabZero
Dec 28, 2008, 11:59 AM
meseta goes by rare drop. don't believe me then set rare to finder do a run with a friends let him pick all the meseta and then look at the action log in the mydocumend/sega/aoti/log/action log for that day. (u need to be in pc to see the log and have it enable)(but this is most likely the same for the others ps2/360)

btw let me point this out just in case the setting was rare to finders and normal was random.

No, the log is misleading. It only shows someone picked the meseta stack up, not that/if/how it got distributed after.

It's normal and if it is not set to give finder, it is evenly distributed between all non-npc party members.

Yunfa
Dec 28, 2008, 12:50 PM
No, the log is misleading. It only shows someone picked the meseta stack up, not that/if/how it got distributed after.

It's normal and if it is not set to give finder, it is evenly distributed between all non-npc party members.

THIS!

HienkyakuX
Dec 28, 2008, 01:43 PM
Have you actually test it out? Cuz I didn't pick up a single thing during that test and all the items that went to me were monomate/stars/moons and stuff like that. not a single meseta went to my wallet not in the log nor even in my screen. So my point stand firm till u can prove it wrong. And it was only my friend and me in the runs so it was 50-50 chance to get at least 1pack of meseta during that runs.

And btw the log only shows the player how ended up with the drop not the player that pick it up.

Mikura
Dec 28, 2008, 01:46 PM
Speaking of meseta drops, does anyone else think this needs to change? I only put normal items on order or random because of the meseta distribution, but if it wasn't for that, I MUCH rather just put normals on give finder always so everyone could pick up what they want without giving it to someone else. I always wished Sega would add meseta as a third category that you could set to "give finder" or "evenly distribute amongst party members."

DarthLasek
Dec 28, 2008, 02:38 PM

Meseta is normal drop...you lose.

Aries2384
Dec 28, 2008, 02:49 PM
Im going to go test this out. Im a firm believer that meseta is classified under Normal Drops. It has been that way since the game was made. If it changed, Sega sure didn't tell us about it.

Golto
Dec 28, 2008, 03:09 PM
Well when I played in a group that had normals on give finder/ rares on random and I went meseta klepto I had a lot more meseta per run than usual. Over 100k meseta from drops only each in SE and EB S2 compared to the usual 10-30k when normals set to random/order.

Dhylec
Dec 28, 2008, 04:07 PM
I always wished Sega would add meseta as a third category that you could set to "give finder" or "evenly distribute amongst party members."
That would be a nice option is they get to implement it.