PDA

View Full Version : Rares for all and for all party time

Nanoframe
Dec 29, 2008, 09:53 PM
How would PSU be if we didnt have to go off hunting our rares alone? If you would be able to find a full party to play in without worrying if all the good rares will go to someone else? Never to have to lock your party unless you were really after privacy

It has allways been the same, some new mission or rare comes out and for the first week sure evryone spams it in parties but then after not getting what they want ot after leveling up to be stronger to solo it people go off into the empty darkness to search for it alone in dispair

After you solo hunted for 2 days joinging a random party and seeing that rare you were after with no sleep drop and go to someone who never wanted it and they sell it in their shop for 2 mil to a shop camper who resells it for 80..... OH You say you only hunt with your group of close friends and you are all just happy bunnies and they are all happy to do the same mission over and over untill that thing you want finally drops and they happyly give it to you?

Well there is a way to fix the rares and the party problem in PSU
pretty simple, decrease the drop rate for boards weapons units BUT have EVRYONE in the party who was there when the mission started get one of it. So this way the whole pary will be happy when that uber rare drops and youre not saying congrats to that random stranger who got the rare you wanted but deep down secrety hating them... So tell me your thoughts on this. Do you think this would work for a better PSU?

Pillan
Dec 29, 2008, 10:12 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to just increase the drop rate so that you do end up getting one a few runs later? You know, everyone wins this way... Except the few elitists who get joy out of running the same mission 500 times and the guy who gets lucky first run...

Nanoframe
Dec 29, 2008, 10:27 PM
Nah just having the droprate increased would just make the rares worthless. Most will still hunt alone and the overpowered would do the mission in 5 minutes and still get all the rares.

Now having the droprate lowered 6 times if you go alone would make soloing pointless and going in with 6 people will increase it 6 times back to the original, kind of like GBR but evryone in the party gets the rare.

Pillan
Dec 29, 2008, 10:42 PM
And wouldn’t it just be easier to multiply the drop rate by the number of people in the party to encourage team work than to implement the above system?

Personally, I never really cared for the concept of keeping anything rare in general because who cares if everyone has everything? People would still spend forever playing to get it to 50% and 10/10 and get some satisfaction along the way instead of the usual “I spent x hundred hours hunting only to watch [insert name] get 3 in 2 runs.”

Not to mention that having 6 people get [insert rare here] each time it drops would kill the rarity anyway. And, if it doesn’t result in a net gain, what’s the point of changing things when instead of watching someone get it you go through 6x hundred runs just to hear about [insert name] and his 5 best friends getting 3 in 12 runs?

Golto
Dec 30, 2008, 10:26 AM
Lowering the droprate is pretty stupid on the pc/ps2 side because of the low population. If you want everyone in the party to get a rare play the PSP ver.

Dragwind
Dec 30, 2008, 10:35 AM
If everyone got the same drop at the same time, the economy would be too cheap and flooded. This would also contribute to the "too easy" thing that people like to complain about, and wouldn't give many people much reason to play.

Luck is simply either a thrill, or a hassle in this game. That's what makes it fun...maybic.

DreXxiN
Dec 30, 2008, 11:09 AM
There's already a hidden drop rate increase with more players in the party.

Cracka_J
Dec 30, 2008, 11:37 AM
This would suck for a few reasons.

1: People with multiple accounts and multiple access points would abuse the drops to death. Hell, I'd reactivate my wife's account if for the only reason it meant I'd be getting 2x the drops every time.

2: AFK drop parties. Sounds silly, but it would happen. Leader solos and gets friends to join the party for drop multiplier alone. Leader either gets 6x profit (if his friends are chill) or lets players keep their items with them not having to put in any effort. You're talking about easy rares? How about not having to do ANYTHING for them? Leader could even sell the 6x items and split a small portion out to the afkers...or even pay for others to afk for the multiplier bonus alone. It would be ridiculous.

3: Kiss rarity goodbye. There are still a few elusive items in PSU, mainly the red units dropping in the rare missions. You get a party of 6 and get that drop, whether you like it or not, the value is instantly lowered. If this bonus was in place the ONLY things of value would be highly grinded weapons, and high % weapons, as those are a total game of chance. Everything else would be complete junk.

That being said, I think you can get that I would be very much against a change like this coming into play. I really think the game is ok as-is on the rare stuff. Area drops like repca and psycho boards still net mid-high prices, units are pretty rare, and while I do enjoy playing with friends in a party, I'd take soloing with the chance of getting something sweet over playing with randoms any day. Like I said, even if this change went into effect, people would just multiaccount or get friends to afk while they solo. No big difference besides the rarity of things going way down.

Pillan
Dec 30, 2008, 01:19 PM
Personally, I’d prefer if they implemented a system so that the number of runs per acquiring items of a certain rarity was always constant and the actual rare was the only random factor. But, in general, I’m always in favor of “screw rarity” and “give everyone everything they want so they don’t have to spend hundreds of hours in the same run and can actually enjoy the game rather than treat it like a second job.”