PDA

View Full Version : Fun with Doublesabers

SammaeltheDark
Dec 30, 2008, 01:50 AM
So I'm running the quest with Reve and when we get to the transformer mecha boss, we both run up and combo at the same time with our doublesabers. On the third part of the combo, our hits go like this Me->Reve->Me->Reve->Me->Reve and we walk out of it with an instant 5 chain combo. Suddenly my PA that normally hits for 100 dmg now does 300 per hit

It looks like multi-hit weapons can increase the chain meter faster if their timing is right. Anyone else see anything like this yet?

DemonMike
Dec 30, 2008, 03:20 AM
Yeah I'd agree with that. I was using a double scythe when I attained my highest chain (Which was 9, just under the first achievement, doh).

SammaeltheDark
Dec 30, 2008, 02:54 PM
I was able to recreate it again. It definitely looks like you get extra Chain combos if people land their final hits in between the final hits of a multi-hit weapon. It's really noticeable when 2 or more people are using multi-hit weapons and pull it off. I would love to see what well-coordinated human players could do with this mechanic. 10 second boss fights?

I managed to get my 10 chain achievement the first time I fought Flue-utangs or whatever (tall lanky monkeys that sometimes use a pistol) and I was still using a greatsword for a weapon before I found a 5* doublesaber

Akaimizu
Dec 30, 2008, 04:36 PM
Ouch. That's the kind of thing that makes you wonder what Photon Blasts are for. That is, in PSO, that was the cats meow. Having all 4 players stored with a Photon Blasts to stack on the boss(es).

Amherst_Wind
Dec 30, 2008, 04:42 PM
Combining the chain with a PB would be amazing, but you'd need to work up a chain, all combo and release the PB, then the other 3 players would need to quickly combo again to keep the chain going until the PB hits but when it did, wow! I can only imagine...