PDA

View Full Version : Red Line set bonus info

EspioKaos
Dec 30, 2008, 09:39 AM
FOnewearl-Lina brought it to my attention last night that a JP player was advertising her findings on the set bonus of the recently released Red Line on her shop's bulletin board. I went to check it out and translated her findings. Here's what she wrote.

---

Red set effects

1. No visual changes.
2. No effect on TECHNIC speed.
3. No TP increase.
4. Flowen's Greatsword or Flowen's Greatsword+ are required.
5. ATP increase is probably about 250 (approx. increase of 45 with normal attacks)
6. No details on STA and ATA increases as they are very difficult to confirm.
7. Damage increase calculations are based on a LV170 newman female, Fortefighter LV5 using normal attacks against a Go Bajilla in Lightning Beasts A.

Flowen's Greatsword
No set: 397-439
Set: 445-488

Flowen's Greatsword+
No set: 375-418
Set: 462-494

There are two odd things.

* Despite the high ATP value of Flowen's Greatsword+, it had low damage output.
* When used in a set, the damage increase of Flowen's Greatsword+ was large.

Because of this, perhaps it's possible that the damage increase is a percent as opposed to a 250-ish increase?

Neutral weapons were used against the enemy for damage calculations so that there would be no elemental reflection, and because Flowen's Greatsword+ has the special effect of "remaining HP affects power LV1," the character's HP was always completely full.

---

One thing that she didn't seem to test was the four Red units with the Red Line and Flowen's Greatsword(+). In PSP, all of that together makes a set, but the units might not be required for the bonus in AOTI.

EDIT: It turns out the JP player does have all four Red units, so they likely were used with this test.

Dragwind
Dec 30, 2008, 10:00 AM
Interesting. Here's to hoping that the units will add to a greater effect.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 30, 2008, 10:06 AM
Oh nice, too bad I don't own a single red unit YET.

EspioKaos
Dec 30, 2008, 10:09 AM
Lina just told me that the JP player who did these calculations has all four Red units, so she likely used them with the test. Looks like their added effects might be PSP-exclusive.

Arada
Dec 30, 2008, 10:16 AM
Any mention of which classes can(not) equip the armor ?

EspioKaos
Dec 30, 2008, 10:28 AM
Any mention of which classes can(not) equip the armor ?
From what I've read elsewhere, I don't think there are any type/race/sex restrictions on it, but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Kylie
Dec 30, 2008, 01:24 PM
Someone has all four red units? Wow. Interesting and strange findings.

FOnewearl-Lina
Dec 31, 2008, 01:16 AM
Obtaining Red/Force and Red/Wall really isn't as hard as it seems, so long as you buy them at the right time during GBR or when the rare missions first come out.
People had them up in their shops for 100m (sometimes less) and there really would have been nothing stopping you from buying them, apart from it being a huge waste of money.
Everybody hunts Red/Knight so there's an abundance of them, only real problem would have been obtaining Red/Stamina so soon after update, as there are quite alot of Redlines up on player shops now.

CromartieDude
Dec 31, 2008, 01:32 AM
I just got all 3 reds that are out, just waitng for stamina and armor, regardless of boost.

Exploited
Dec 31, 2008, 02:07 AM
Ive been curious about this recently and just bought Red/Wall from a shop. Now, I currently have all 3 Red units and just need that Stamina when it comes out.

Pillan
Dec 31, 2008, 12:58 PM
So, would someone like to test the bonus without the red units? I find myself seriously doubting that any one, much less all 4, would be required with it in online PSU.

Also, if the damage increase were a percentage, it still doesn’t explain why the plus version did higher damage after the bonus was applied. (Plus it’s been a static increase for everything else anyway and I doubt they’d change that now…) I’d say the most likely theory is that there’s a different set bonus for either weapon and armor combination.

Sounds like Flowen’s Greatsword + has a reduced damage multiplier though. It really makes me curious to what the HP Effects Power level on it is now…

Overlord Chan
Jan 25, 2010, 08:15 PM
I wonder if Edward could locate it's true stat output with all the red parts.

I'm curious to know if there's a defensive stat increase as on psupedia they have no information regarding the set bonus.

neilp4453
Jan 25, 2010, 11:52 PM
I've seen Red/Forces, Red/Walls, and Red/Staminas in shops before.

The Red/Knight is the only one that has been consistently hard to get as it is the only useful red unit.

But it may be tougher now to obtain them all. I know people are having a tough time getting the walls now since people just don't do that run anymore. It is straight to the Colony now.