PDA

View Full Version : French canadian community ?

Raniar
Dec 30, 2008, 02:22 PM
Hi guys, first of all, I do not care about the nationnality of the person I play with. it's not a racial issue right here. I'm just curious to know if there's any Quebec players on the forums.

it's just that sometimes I would appreciate speaking my native langage while playing.. specially late night when my english starts to sound gibberrish.
So if you're french canadian hit me up for some runs... 360 Gamer Tag Mr Trep
ingame name : Raniar lvl 101 Acrotecher...

P.S.
If you speak english and you are patient. If you enjoy sharing culture and learn stuff you don't expect to learn in a videogame. If you are willing to repeat your last sentence once in a while lol. It'll be a pleasure to play with you.

it's just that I have a funny accent I guess... And sometimes I need a few seconds to find a word that would fit what I want to say. By the time I found the word I was looking for, the fast flow of the current conversation is often changed. lol.
it's always nice let's say when some american dude see i'm looking for a word and help me out. sometimes I learn a brand new word you know.

I've been victim of racism too. but it's no big deal that doesnt happen really often. I understand the thin line between racism and not having the patience to go throught all of that.

anyways I hope this thread have a place on this board. I'm really curious if there's any Quebecers on PSU.

PepperCat
Dec 30, 2008, 02:33 PM
Greetings fellow Canadian! (I'm in Ottawa, but my French is very basic...)

Thats too bad about the racism man. I've lived in a few different countries where the culture is different, but you get racism everywhere.

If you were on PC/PS2 side I could help you out, but I don't have a 360.

Welcome to the community, I'm sure you'll find some more patient people to help you out.

Pepper.

Para
Dec 30, 2008, 03:39 PM
Yay Canada :wacko:

Think this belongs in Player Matchup.

Seority
Dec 30, 2008, 03:44 PM
I have french canadian blood in me.
And I took french in High School.
;>_>
But there is a big and active french group on PC/PS2 if you ever wish to join them.
Message Rust whenever you get the chance and he can hook you up. (He's french as well.)

McLaughlin
Dec 31, 2008, 12:26 AM
Je n'ais comprend pas francais.

Nine years of forced french and that's all I can remember. >_> I don't play PSU very frequently anymore, but if you want to add me anyway, my Gamertag is Obsidian Hero. I'm in Kitchener, Ontario, so I guess I'm sort of almost a Quebec'er. :P

Criss
Dec 31, 2008, 07:22 AM
Dommage que tu sois pas sur PC/PS2, on aurais pu jouer ensemble... De mon coté j'ai rencontré un bon nombre de francophones, mais la plupart sont européens. Je sais pas pour les serveurs de 360. En tout cas, bonne chance pour en trouver de ton coté. :wacko:

Yay Canada :wacko:

Think this belongs in Player Matchup.
I think it's fine in General. I for one would never have seen this thread had it been in Matchup. >.>

afterthoughtz
Dec 31, 2008, 08:09 AM
Dommage que tu sois pas sur PC/PS2, on aurais pu jouer ensemble... De mon coté j'ai rencontré un bon nombre de francophones, mais la plupart sont européens. Je sais pas pour les serveurs de 360. En tout cas, bonne chance pour en trouver de ton coté. :wacko:

I think it's fine in General. I for one would never have seen this thread had it been in Matchup. >.>

Player Matchup is a joke anyways, not many people even check for anything in there lol

Anyways back on topic: I have French-Canadian blood in me but cant speak a word of it, although i would love to be able to speak it
:-)

Will_Nonheim
Dec 31, 2008, 08:57 AM
C'est un peu bête. moi je suis québécois. Seulement, je joue sur la version PC/PS2, alors c'est comme... Tant pis, hein?
J'ai déjà été sur la version 360, y'avait quelques joueurs québécois, mais aussi bien des français.

Au pire, viens sur PC/PS2, lol? :P

Hrith
Dec 31, 2008, 09:32 AM
I'm French, but you're not going to see me speak my language.

I come across quite a few French-speaking players on the PC/PS2 version, though.
I usually troll them, too. Silly French.

Gobolino
Dec 31, 2008, 10:34 AM
And what about spanish? Does anyone speak it? I hv the same problems as Raniar. Im mexican

DreXxiN
Dec 31, 2008, 12:25 PM
Silly french, they are all elitists. No seriously.

Welcome to PSOW!

ChibiBecca
Dec 31, 2008, 01:47 PM
i'm living in quebec right now, but i'm afraid my french is of the 'salut, merci, je ne compron pas' type. ;p