PDA

View Full Version : PSO recreated on DS in production of PS Zero!

parabolee
Dec 30, 2008, 03:49 PM
Not sure if anyone else was aware of this, but I found this post and was excited to see that PSO was recreated on the DS in the production of PSZero as a starting point!

Very cool to see this screenshot from PSO on DS!

http://bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/pso-in-ps0.jpg

From -

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-zero-connection-to-phantasy-star-online-soundtrack-announced/

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 30, 2008, 03:51 PM
Unless that is a secret side area mission thing, that SS is fake. Booma are in the game, but they look like pigs.

Risingsun
Dec 30, 2008, 03:52 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155500&page=6

parabolee
Dec 30, 2008, 03:52 PM
I think you failed to read my post XoAmaterasuoX :-D

parabolee
Dec 30, 2008, 03:53 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155500&page=6

Cool, thanks.

deso123
Dec 30, 2008, 04:08 PM
lol...................................

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 30, 2008, 04:14 PM
guess i dont understand...

Moniker
Dec 30, 2008, 04:17 PM
guess i dont understand...

That screenshot isn't actually in the game itself; it was what Sega was originally working with during production of the game.

XoAmaterasuoX
Dec 30, 2008, 04:23 PM
Oh. Well That's why.. Ok. That woulda been bad ass. But still PSZ is a 10/10 for me, This is what PSU should have been.

TechnoFunk
Dec 30, 2008, 05:13 PM
I liked the level design and bosses for PSO much much more, but otherwise I have no major gripe with ps0. They did a great job.

darkante
Dec 30, 2008, 05:26 PM
As much i like PSO, the show gotta move on.
But for some reason, this game doesn´t appeal just as much as PSO.
It improves on it greatly, but the music is kinda uninteresting.
Music can do a number on things i guess. Haha Xo

deso123
Dec 30, 2008, 06:01 PM
I liked the level design and bosses for PSO much much more, but otherwise I have no major gripe with ps0. They did a great job.

wait so youre saying the levels suck as well as the bosses? thats like the whole damn point of the game besides the rares and the ability to make a moderately bearable character that you are willing to stare at the whole time you play. stop saying the whole structure of the game is crap but then lying and saying its still good. make up your mind god this is why i cant just buy it cause i know you guys are full of crap half the time. fndsnfakjfkjasdfnjkasdfnsa

Risingsun
Dec 30, 2008, 06:17 PM
where did he say that the bosses and levels sucked? Why does liking one thing more than an other make it suck? I liked the movie Alien much more than i liked Aliens, does that mean the second movie sucked? No, they are both great sci fi flicks.

deso123
Dec 30, 2008, 06:35 PM
where did he say that the bosses and levels sucked? Why does liking one thing more than an other make it suck? I liked the movie Alien much more than i liked Aliens, does that mean the second movie sucked? No, they are both great sci fi flicks.

much MUCH more not just much more. how many muches do you need to separate the two before one starts sucking?

parabolee
Dec 30, 2008, 06:55 PM
much MUCH more not just much more. how many muches do you need to separate the two before one starts sucking?

Come on dude, no need to pick fights. He was just saying he preferred PSo in those area's. Maybe he chose his words poorly but he wasn't saying PSZ sucked as he gave it a 10/10.

Move along.

CircusMaximusBC
Dec 30, 2008, 07:07 PM
man how i WISH a port of PSO would come to the ds with some added goodies

deso123
Dec 31, 2008, 09:22 AM
im only here cause of ps0 and im just trying to figure out if i want it or not then im getting the blank out of here, lol. so im not trying to hate on it just for kicks and giggles or trying to start crap.

parabolee
Dec 31, 2008, 10:47 AM
man how i WISH a port of PSO would come to the ds with some added goodies

It HAS! :-D

PSzero is pretty much just PSO with added goodies. I really miss the PSO HUmar but after close to a thousand hours in the many versions of PSO, I wanted the same feeling and gameplay but new levels, enemies and weapons.

I think they have done a great job making PSZ familiar enough to PSO so it looks and feels like PSO but has lot's of cool new additions.

As someone that liked PSU but felt it was never as good as the original PSO's, I really think Sega has finally nailed it with PSZ. I hope to see sequels and expansions in the future and hope the success of PSZ leads them to bring a more PSO-like Online Phantasy Star to home consoles too.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 31, 2008, 08:32 PM
I wish more people would realize that PS:Zero is like a "spiritual successor" to PSO. Then maybe the asshats on GameTrailers.com wouldn't thumbs down my comments. Idiots.

deso123
Dec 31, 2008, 08:56 PM
any site with the ranking system/karma crap is just a site trying to make every person who has something negative to say look like a dumbass cause they got a low rank by their name making them an outcast. basically all it does is tell the complainers that they arent wanted there. either enjoy the crap or get out basically. it personally only makes me troll harder.

ShadowDragon28
Dec 31, 2008, 10:24 PM
Um FYI. I left a comment on a PS: Zero clip that magnified the screen by like 200% which made the game's visuals look crappy, but if one is playing the game on the DS will see pretty darn good visuals. Yet I tried to explain that and a couple jerks thumb down my comment. I didn't say anything "negative" and I wasn't really complaining. It was an objective observations. It's the trolls that act like cowards and thumb down intelligent or remotely positive comments. Please don't be a troll. *sigh* *shakes head*

TechnoFunk
Jan 1, 2009, 03:34 AM

haha wow i really didnt mean it like that. the bosses are designed well and are fun to fight, they just lack the charm of PSO bosses like volt opt and de rol le. those were some memorable fights i wont soon forget.

i like the levels in pso more because for some reason the ps0 areas all seem really flat. well i guess they are. there arent really any changes in slope or height i nan area and most of them dont have real walls. tbh phantasy star was never really about level design but once again they dont have the same charm as the cave and ruin levels from the original.

also it seems like most enemies from the first few areas are just normal animals that are slightly modified. still fun to kill though.

if you're really stuck on whether to get the game i'd say dont expect to love it as much as the original pso but it is probably the best ds game i have ever owned.

Saphion
Jan 1, 2009, 06:56 AM
I would kill to own that prototype.

Kill.

Dragwind
Jan 1, 2009, 08:47 AM
I would kill to own that prototype.

Kill.

I'd almost do the same.

Ogni-XR21
Jan 1, 2009, 04:18 PM
I thought this was old news. Not that there was anything official on that but I remember a few years ago (the DS had just been released iirc) there was a rumor in EGM that Sega was working on PSO for DS.