PDA

View Full Version : Q whats your playing style?

fayt6
Dec 30, 2008, 08:59 PM
so ive started soloing to level an alt because i feel like being anti social and i got a thought
what are your play styles ? im sure everyone has a different playing style so what are your play styles?

xBladeM6x
Dec 30, 2008, 09:06 PM
If you mean in term of characters... I play a Male Beast Fighmaster, Female Newman AT/MF, Male Cast GM/PT, Female Cast AF.

Kinda wanted the "bias" of all the types of fighting, and then the hybrid side to things.

Smidge204
Dec 30, 2008, 09:14 PM
I went with ranged (Fortegunner turn Gunmaster) so my primary style is to use range to full advantage. You live a lot longer when you don't get hit :)

Also, take full advantage of the landscape. Shooting form first person mode allows you to shoot over some walls and up/down to other levels allowing you to snipe enemies from relative safety. As an example, some of the tree roots in "Mizuraki Defense" effectively block Barta while you can shoot over them easily.

The effective collision box for enemies is larger (usually taller) than the enemy itself, so you can shoot over a railing on an upper level or just around a corner at an enemy you can't even see and still hit it.

You can shoot through doorways (even locked ones) and many other objects. take advantage of this and use the radar for aiming. Remember that some enemies can shoot back, though!

It's also handy to learn the spawn boundaries, and attack from just outside that range. A gang of charging Orcdillans are much easier to handle when they stop and vanish just before hitting you, but you can shoot them as they run up. Especially useful when combined with a narrow corridor or doorway and a laser cannon.

Otherwise, I use twin handguns to stay mobile (Megid dodge!).

=Smidge=
/I solo a lot
//Haven't used more than 5 scapes since going Gunmaster

pikachief
Dec 30, 2008, 09:43 PM
I solo a lot and my main is a Gunner. now a GunMaster :) I usually just use shotguns and lasers anyways and twins for range and for fun :)

my alt is a FM cuz i like double sabers and i like spears and jabroga is pretty strong too :P

im trying to build up a techer lol got her spells all 31+ but her lvl isnt that high so i dont play her much :P lol

fayt6
Dec 30, 2008, 09:47 PM
ah nice posts keep em coming :) any strategic moves you guys wanna share also?

sovalou
Dec 30, 2008, 09:49 PM
Well considering I've been told quite a few to go gunmaster, I still find Guntecher alot more appealing to my play style. And with a L/kk its like the icing on the cake. Only thing i need now is a human special xD

pikachief
Dec 30, 2008, 09:55 PM
ah nice posts keep em coming :) any strategic moves you guys wanna share also?

this is mostly my whole entire run as my main.

*equip shotgun*

*press X a lot*

*finish mission*

thats it. just a shotgun usually.... not much strategy in a gunner :P (or in this whole game lol)

fayt6
Dec 30, 2008, 09:58 PM
yo sov sup son its me rob =D

this is mostly my whole entire run as my main.

*equip shotgun*

*press X a lot*

*finish mission*

thats it. just a shotgun usually.... not much strategy in a gunner :P (or in this whole game lol)

TRUE THAT

Shinko
Dec 30, 2008, 10:04 PM
Well for me I play as my human female (mainly for looks) but I plays as all classes with her.

I can never stay as the same class. I'll get bored too fast. But I get bored fast with anything XD. However I find myself playing melee more than anything else. (I like guns and techs too but using guns too much gets kinda boring for me and both guns and techs feels like a job then fun when u have to lvl bullets and techs)

I change up alot to prevent me from getting bored altogether with 1 class

fayt6
Dec 30, 2008, 10:08 PM
well when it feels like a job for me i take some nyquil and drink a pot of coffee like i did tonight i got megid to 20 from 1 and 18 lvls on an alt an im still "happy"

sovalou
Dec 30, 2008, 11:00 PM
yo sov sup son its me rob =D

lol...hey, I figured I venture to this side of the world since I'm pretty much sharing my ps3 at the moment. xD

fayt6
Dec 30, 2008, 11:51 PM
cool cool so guntecher hows that workin for ya ? like i seen ur pallet its pretty good an all im just havin problems gettin in to it ya know

God_Shiden
Dec 31, 2008, 12:19 AM
Well i'm a FT so it most likely goes like this:

Start mission yell buff shortcut, people run.
I chase them around like 5times to get everyone, then another 5 for giresta.
Switch to Psychowand or whatever the weakness is I have on a rod.
See someone lose 30%+ hp run to heal, almost die.
Lose a crap load of exp.
Wash, rinse, repeat.

Thats ever mission for me believe it or not.

Anduril
Dec 31, 2008, 12:46 AM
My play style:
Stay back and use Rifles and lasers, unless they are wizard type enemies in which case I pull out my Ground Shotgun and run straight up to them and laugh as they are defenseless from my silence SE until they smack me and send me flying across the area. I then proceed to get angry and start shooting everything with my shotgun until I run out of PP, then try to activate my SUV with the rest of the gunners only to realize that I am a Newman. Good times.

Magician
Dec 31, 2008, 07:50 AM
I'm still adjusting to playing as an AT. There's something about the class that's challenging and fun. Keeping tabs on the party's health and buffs constantly instead of constantly barreling ahead (as I did as a FF) mob to mob, it was a paradigm shift for me, and I like it. I love the variety of weapons at my disposal.

Palette
TCSM/Wand - (buffs)
Handgun/Wand - (flying enemies & traps/giresta-reverser)
TCSM/Dagger - (resta-reverser/medium mobs)
TCSM/Whip - (resta-reverser/small mobs & boxes)
TCSM/Wand - (resta-reverser/offensive tech or debuffs)
Card/Wand - (medium range/resta-reverser)

As my palette suggests, I...

-whip the small mobs
-dagger the medium mobs
-handgun the flying mobs
-card the tech casters
-tech the large enemies and bots
-buff while the party's attacking mobs
-debuff enemies for newcomers

I'm always changing slot to slot from mob to mob, it's a gas. And I haven't spent any time with traps yet either, so there's room for me to add more to my support of the party.

amtalx
Dec 31, 2008, 08:58 AM
Laser Cannon when groups spawn->Shotgun when there are less than 3 targets

Rifle on flying bosses.

Twin Handguns...wat?

Calsetes
Dec 31, 2008, 08:59 AM
I have an amazing play style as a Fortefighter. I run into a group of enemies, pull off as many of my PAs as I can, then use regular attacks until I have more PP built up to fire off a few more PAs, healing myself as I need it.

It usually works, until I get hit.

I try to focus on one enemy at a time, taking out the "big guys" first, like mages, the big tall guys that throw instant death, and those stupid Grass Assassins that stun you all the time. Other than that, if it's smaller guys, I still try to focus on one at a time, but trying to stay out of reach of the other enemies' attacks.

It sounds simple, but then again, Fortefighter's pretty much a simple class, isn't it? Go in, swing a weapon around until things die, move on to the next group.

Will_Nonheim
Dec 31, 2008, 09:02 AM
My play style is fairly straightforward.

Step 1 : Find enemy
Step 2 : HULK SMASH
Repeat until all weapons on palette are drained/mission is over.

Though I do pick what weapon/PA I use accordingly to the enemies I face (ranged for flying enemies, for instance, or Jabroga for a mob if I know I can land it without blocking a hit/getting sent flying before it kicks in), and if I'm a Force-type I'll spam Resta and Buffs whenever needed.

DarkEliteRico
Dec 31, 2008, 10:09 AM
Press X over and over again, main is a GM and is pretty adapt at killing things.
As my acrotecher I tend to do support with their mid level buffs and doing average melee damage just to clear or knock back mobs from me.
On my acrofighter it's basically slicer here, claws there, a few dagger spins or yo-yo's

Darius_Drake
Dec 31, 2008, 10:29 AM
I play as a male beast fighmaster, a female cast gunmaster, a female newman masterforce, and a male human acrofighter/protranser. For the most part I like to specialize in either melee, guns, or magic. It keeps me from getting bored with any particular job. I do feel that my female cast has seen a serious boost of power since the master classes came out (just lovely). As for my male human I am trying to level up protranser from time to time, but when I am not in a party I usually just go back to acrofighter.

Kylie
Dec 31, 2008, 12:42 PM
I do whatever I'm told to these days. :lol: But when I'm in control, I like to avoid grinding missions as much as I can. Getting a higher chance for rares I want isn't worth getting burnt out or bored, so I sometimes go off to weird areas people don't go to anymore. I also don't solo much. There's not much of a point in playing an online game by yourself in opinion, but whatever floats your boat!

Genoa
Dec 31, 2008, 01:10 PM
Oh dear, there's just too many types =/
But for a personal preference... hmm
My type preference order:
Masterforce (newman)
Acrotecher (human)
Gunmaster (beast)
Acrofighter (human)
Protranser (cast)
Guntecher (newman)
Wartecher (human or newman)
Fighgunner (cast)
Fortefighter (cast)
Fighmaster (cast)
Fortetecher (newman)
Fortegunner (cast)

Techs > Guns > Melee
For me :o

Mikura
Dec 31, 2008, 02:07 PM
My main used to be a female beast fF, and melee was all I lived for. But for close to a year now, I'd say my playstyle has leaned a lot more in favor of gunner classes. SE from bullets, knockdown from rifles, mobility of using twin handguns, and being able to do damage from afar while avoiding damage are all things I find really enjoyable about fG and GM.

I also have a fT/MF too, but her techs aren't high enough to fully utilize the power of either job, so she doesn't get much play time from me. Plus, magic users aren't my style in any game. It used to always be melee > ranged > techs for me, but now I suppose it's more like ranged > melee > techs.

Seority
Dec 31, 2008, 02:16 PM
Seority, F.Beast = AT/AF/WT Either heal bitch, main DPS, or solo.
Seority Lyzael F.CASEAL = GM/PT Rapage or trapage.
Lady Taniko Takashi F.Newman = fT Use her to level techs when I have nothing else to accomplish on PSU.

I usually play only with friends, but join randoms if there isn't anything else to do. I can't solo very well, so I generally don't lol.

Noblewine
Dec 31, 2008, 04:41 PM
When I played through story mode I just decided to make my first character a human because of the balanced status. My mains is a human FF I also have a human WT/FT. I recently switch to Fortetecher to focus more on leveling my techs and to learn the how to use techs more efficiently. My other two are a beast Fighgunner but i'm going to chance to a Fortefighter; the other one is a cast Fortegunner.

My strategy whenever I solo is to eliminate the biggest threat first and take out the rest afterwards. I like to use bullets for SE's and exploit dots (targets) for DPS. I like to figure out which skill Photon Arts are effective against certain monsters on a mission.

Alnet
Dec 31, 2008, 04:48 PM
Alnet; Human M (Fortefighter/Acrofighter/Acrotecher/Fighmaster)
Komugi; Newman F (Fortetecher/Wartecher/Fighgunner/Masterforce)
Magical Maid Koyori; Cast F (Fortegunner/Guntecher/Protranser/Gunmaster)

Since I actually play every class in the game distributed among my 3 characters, I'm just going to go with my basic strategies for my favorites. :wacko:

With Alnet (Acrofighter), there's a lot of emphasis on Launch effect. I love Launch. If it's not in the air, it will be momentarily. And it will stay in the air. It doesn't have to come back down!! There's a lot of spam on moves like Rising Strike, Bogga Zubba, and Shunbu Shouren-zan. There is also a lot of use of Claw. I use two Claws - Neiclaw and Zanshu-Misaki. Neiclaw is used comparatively rarely, only used to suck large amounts of HP with Bukuu Saien-zan. Zanshu-Misaki is my overall power weapon, since it inflicts Virus and does great damage with Senten Kazan-ga. If I need to fight anything at a distance, I use the Light and Dark Card PAs I carried over from Komugi.

With Komugi (Wartecher), I haven't played WT in some time, since I've been trying to level Techs to LV41. I carry over pretty much all of my Wands and Cards from Fortetecher, with the same PAs attributed to them (I may change the Ra-TECHNICS to Gi-TECHNICS), and add in Shatos to make up for the lack of Rod. I still keep a spot open for Melee, that I swap out for a different weapon as the situation demands. Swapping that weapon out for the right element Wand/Card combo tends to make things pretty easy.

As Koyori (Fortegunner), I think I have the easiest time of all of my characters. She's the one that gets the most use for hunting and for speedruns, since she does great damage, keeps away from the enemies, and debilitates them. And then there's Paradi. :wacko: The primary DPS gun is the Crossbow, paired with a Saber with Gravity Strike. The nonstop flinch of this weapon, combined with SE3 and 3 rapid hits is just staggering. I opted for Crossbow instead of Shotgun for the speed and mobility, but I do use the Shotgun as Gunmaster. If I need to put more range between myself and the enemy, I use Twin Handguns, and if the enemy is an overall pain to deal with, break out the Snake, and nail them to the floor. Grenades are used RARELY, seeing as they are a pain to clean up the survivors, and because I've been in groups where people love to spam Grenade for NO reason whatsoever (especially Robopitch Grenade). They're saved for enemies with 3 or more hitboxes. Laser is used often, since it catches enemies making a beeline toward me, and with spamming Crossbow into a large group, that tends to work. It's the same principle with shooting a group with Ramegid, and then blasting them with Megid as they all round on you.

Finae
Dec 31, 2008, 05:16 PM
Hah..........well I don't share strategies. If you want to see me in action, all you have to do is come find me or play with me in a group. I'm not antisocial at all or play with a select group of people because I think everyone else is "inferior." Here is my generic response :

On my cast (Main class now and forever : FM)

I will kill as fast as possible. If that means using Jabroni + Majarra majority of the time, I will do it. I will SUV without warning since I can build it up faster than your typical person. I will try to take all the hits for the group so my SUV gets built up faster. I do not wear 50% armor, but low % armor (armas line onry) so my SUV is built up faster. My beast has nothing on my cast despite the atp difference. If people in the group want faster times, thats exactly what I attempt to do. Gonna ******, leave the group.

On my Beast (FF/FM/maybe AF after I do some tests)

A second rate version of my cast. He is boring to me, same playstyle as my cast, but not as efficient. Also add in the lower ata and he misses more. I used to love being a beast back in the old days, but they are so boring to me now. Thats why it took me so long to have him hit 150 vs the other toons of mine.

On my Newman (AF/AT, not so keen on FT/MF)

To support the group like no other if AT. I do it all. Debuff/Buff/heal/reverser and attack myself. Its a difficult job at times, but the group always loves me in the end and usually people stick around in the party more vs my cast since on my cast, I don't care about people tagging mobs. You miss out, you miss out, just how I work.

On my Human (AF/AT)

Same thing in regards to my newman, but my human is my AF main. Basically take what I said for my cast section and gimp it some (no race special, lesser dmg, etc etc).

Diomenes
Jan 1, 2009, 05:31 PM
I mainly use Axe, and what I do is abuse the first part of the normal combo of the axe which has a knock back effect. I press X for the first attack, run foward as soon as I can to cancel the animation after the attack and attack again, canceling the animation of running. Not sure If I explained it well. But it works. I can keep knocking back monsters with minimun down time, and it makes the axe a much more faster weapon.