PDA

View Full Version : Happy New Year from SonicTeam!

EspioKaos
Dec 31, 2008, 07:15 PM
SonicTeam posted two messages today addressed to all PSU players. First, let's start with the message that pertains to the local servers.

http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=246

Happy New Year to all players of PSU!

This is the third time a new year has rolled around since the beginning of the PSU service. We'd like to send out our gratitude to all of the fans for their support.

We hope that everyone is enjoying the very first GBR for Parum!

We have much planned for this year. You can look forward to the finale of Episode 3, more large-scale events and other additional content.

With everyone's help, we would like to make the world of PSU an even better one. We hope everyone enjoys the game for the coming year!

- PSU development staff

And now for the notice on the JP PC/PS2 side.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=810

This is the third time a new year has rolled around since the beginning of the PSU service. We'd like to send out our gratitude to all of the fans for their support.

We hope that everyone is enjoying the very first GBR for the GUARDIANS Colony! The same goes for the New Year's Eve GM events and lobbies.

After January, a few things you'll have to look forward to are a new ending to Episode 3 as well as a party mission event.

With the recent release of Phantasy Star Zero, there were many people who have created parties in PSU to make friends for the new title. Please remember to use the designated standby area to exchange friend codes! (Universe 10 ⇒ Neudaiz ⇒ Ohtoku GUARDIANS Branch ⇒ Ohtoku Standby Area)

We are hard at work on the "additional update" that was announced back in October. Though it will take a different direction from what AOTI did to PSU, we are planning battle system changes, drastic adjustments and various other elements for this update. Be on the lookout, as we could announce new details on this update at any time!

With everyone's help, we would like to make the world of PSU an even better one. We hope everyone enjoys the game for the coming year!

- PSU development staff

Anduril
Dec 31, 2008, 07:21 PM
Hold on a sec. Does that mean that the 360 (or NA servers in general) side doesn't get the New Year lobbies? Or is it merely an oversight on the writer's part? ( I hope the latter is true)

Dhylec
Dec 31, 2008, 07:21 PM
Well, let's hope for a better year for PSU this year. ;]

EspioKaos
Dec 31, 2008, 07:32 PM
Hold on a sec. Does that mean that the 360 (or NA servers in general) side doesn't get the New Year lobbies? Or is it merely an oversight on the writer's part? ( I hope the latter is true)
We'll still be getting them. I think they mainly pointed it out on the JP PC/PS2 side because of the GM events that kind of tied into them.

DesuJet
Dec 31, 2008, 07:38 PM
I laugh at SoA a little for saying something like that. We're still behind 8 or 9 months on content update, so spare me the "oh, we have so much stuff planned this year!" bullshit. Yeah, that "so much stuff" is the stuff we were supposed to get last year.

I just hope SoA can maintain the bi-weekly updates or I'll cancel my subscription for another month or two again.

Neith
Dec 31, 2008, 07:38 PM

2008 was mainly a decent year, but spoiled by some of the problems that plagued events. Here's hoping 2009 is a better year for the game (on both servers, but mainly concerned with the local one).

Happy New Year to everyone here too (since it's gone midnight here in the UK :wacko: )

buzyb77
Dec 31, 2008, 07:42 PM
SonicTeam posted two messages today addressed to all PSU players. First, let's start with the message that pertains to the local servers.

http://xbox360.phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=246

We hope that everyone is enjoying the very first GBR for Parum!

We have much planned for this year. You can look forward to the finale of Episode 3, more large-scale events and other additional content.

- PSU development staff

And now for the notice on the JP PC/PS2 side.

http://phantasystaruniverse.jp/news/wis/?mode=view&id=810

We hope that everyone is enjoying the very first GBR for the GUARDIANS Colony! The same goes for the New Year's Eve GM events and lobbies.

After January, a few things you'll have to look forward to are a new ending to Episode 3 as well as a party mission event.

With the recent release of Phantasy Star Zero, there were many people who have created parties in PSU to make friends for the new title. Please remember to use the designated standby area to exchange friend codes! (Universe 10 ⇒ Neudaiz ⇒ Ohtoku GUARDIANS Branch ⇒ Ohtoku Standby Area)

We are hard at work on the "additional update" that was announced back in October. Though it will take a different direction from what AOTI did to PSU, we are planning battle system changes, drastic adjustments and various other elements for this update. Be on the lookout, as we could announce new details on this update at any time!

- PSU development staff

I love how the PC//PS2 one make refrences to Content they will be getting soon (like EP 3 end) as well as Major Changes that will be comming and the other JP games and the stuff that is planned... yet on the 360 side we get hey you too will be getting the end of ep 3 some time in the Next 12 months...

They wrote the PC/PS2 first with love and thought and the Xbox 360 version reads more like if we have write one...

I give the PC/PS2 letter a A and the Xbox 360 letter a D.. as it barely passes

Kinako78
Dec 31, 2008, 07:52 PM
Thanks for clearing up the letter on the 360 website, Espio. I thought that's what it was saying, but I wasn't sure.

Shou
Dec 31, 2008, 08:15 PM
Techers! Brace yourselves for your just desserts!!! tech damage X 2 !!!!

[spoiler-box]
Gunners and hunters brace yourselves too... gunnters 25% damage reduce and Just Attack will be eliminated from the game!
[/spoiler-box]

i wish...

But seriously i wonder if they will implement that fighting move thinggy for guns like in PSZ (if you havnt seen the video of a ranger doing this it looks so silly lol). Here's hoping for new techs +ratnis and dizaz!!! :-D

Alnet
Dec 31, 2008, 08:38 PM
Gogo, OPTIMISM!

SoA's handling of PSU is gradually beginning to regain my respect (even though I've been playing the game all this time anyway), so I'll continue to be optimistic and give them the benefit of the doubt.

However, if they disappoint me, I won't hesitate to commandeer a warblimp and find their headquarters. ;3

Yusaku_Kudou
Dec 31, 2008, 09:42 PM
Gogo, OPTIMISM!

SoA's handling of PSU is gradually beginning to regain my respect (even though I've been playing the game all this time anyway), so I'll continue to be optimistic and give them the benefit of the doubt.

However, if they disappoint me, I won't hesitate to commandeer a warblimp and find their headquarters. ;3

http://www.segaroleplaying.com/img/psusucks.gif

Xefi
Dec 31, 2008, 09:44 PM

ha ha ha...that's really nice. ^_^

Criss
Dec 31, 2008, 10:32 PM
Gogo, OPTIMISM!

"Kirov Airship reporting."

I'm personally hoping that those updates include some form of adaptation of Just Attack for the gunners and techers. And that hybrid class will get some love. A few extra percent on stat mods and S cards for GTs would be great.

SoA's two big updates two weeks in a row was impressive, at least coming from them. So I'm willing to believe that they might actually start giving local servers some decent support and updates in 2009.

pikachief
Dec 31, 2008, 10:35 PM
i just want sega to bring us Mission carnvial already, i really don't feel that we're back on track or even getting decent updates until we get it lol

WE WERE SUPPOSED TO HAS IT SEPT.! GIB MAH CARNIVAL ._.

Cz
Dec 31, 2008, 10:39 PM
Sega Team says, "More Contents." And that's exactly all I want from them. Other than that, enjoy your HAPPY NEW YEAR, Sega! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Alnet
Dec 31, 2008, 11:40 PM
Well, let's hope not. ;3

sovalou
Dec 31, 2008, 11:46 PM

yea lol. A remake of last year would be heart breaking on a whole different level o_o'

DesuJet
Jan 1, 2009, 12:42 AM
I love my PSU p0rn >_<

syouz
Jan 1, 2009, 01:24 AM
Happy New Year too all my Psu friends i hope the read this post
(feliz ano nuevi para todos mis amigos en psu espero ke lean este post)

Servido latino draco buscando gente latina dedicada ke juege PSU :D

GT= syous22

NightTerror Cast Male 150 Fortefighter20/FighMaster 15
Syous Neuman Male 150 Fotetecher 20/ MasterForce 19
Abby Neuman Female 130 Acrofighter 20/ Acrotecher 15
Tira Cast Female 1 Ranger 1

Best Player Onishiruc50% 10/10 :-D

gundam0079
Jan 1, 2009, 02:28 AM
yes, im just thinking that on teh 19th after Parum gbr ends the following week will be an update. That would deffinately start the year off great.

Akaimizu
Jan 1, 2009, 09:46 AM
Actually, the two different messages presented by SEGA are very understandable. The second one was for the Japanese servers, specifically. That really makes sense since they are a bit ahead on updates plus they *officially* have Phantasy Star Zero, so they are definitely trying to relay news for the games they released there. Plus, DS practically owns Japan right now, so I would not be surprised about their excitement for that release. They probably expect to make a mint off that game.

(Which surprises me why I don't have more japanese titles for my DS considering it's JP library is probably through the roof)

Anyway, I also wish everybody a Happy New Year.

Billy Mitchell
Jan 1, 2009, 07:19 PM
The carnival will be cute for a moment. But without updated difficulty and drops, that moment will be brief.

Dawg.

BFGfreak
Jan 2, 2009, 02:15 PM
http://www.cybergooch.com/images/artwork/kirov01.jpg
Also, I didn't know PSU pr0n existed (outside of the demo server anyway)

In all seriousness though, I hope they really do pull though, although, their track record right now is a bit shaky.