PDA

View Full Version : Question for players on US/JP pc/ps2

Alazar313
Jan 1, 2009, 02:59 AM
Kinda what Im wondering, Its been bugging me for a while. I just recently decided to try PSU again. When I quit last year the PC/ps2 population was ok, I mean 4 stars peek times 3 stars normal. Id say that was ok.

It bothers me that its so low now, from what I hear it does not even reach 2 stars on peek times.

So going back to my old ps2 and getting on psu again seems like it would be joining a graveyard...

Im talking to a lot of friends who moved to the 360 version. I would have had that option but my 360 gave me Error E74 (GPU Fail) and Microsoft charges 100 dollars to fix it... Its not so much the money which is a lot, but also the fact they sold me a product that didn't even last 15 months working properly. Basically I rather not have a 360, get what I can for it broken, and save not have a new gen console for a year and buy a ps3 next December, I rather do this than giving them 100 dollars more of my money.

So anyways, I want to get some insight from players on the PC/ps2 version US, Players who are currently active playing this version of the game, I would really like to get a feel for what the game experience is now days.

How hard is it to find people to do runs with?

Does everyone in the server know everyone now?

Do you ever run into new people who you never met before?

Can you even buy stuff from player stores now days?

Are there enough player stores to get what you want?

How's the economy on the PC/ps2?

How's the Hacking on the Pc/ps2?

And a personal question for those of you who are planning to stay on pc/ps2 till the game shuts down..

Why do you choose to stay on Pc/ps2 version, if you had the choice to go to JP version and keep your character, would you do it?

I am considering buying the PC JP version of the game, from what I hear the english community is just about as much as in the US servers, around 600-900 active players...

But In the JP version from what im reading and hearing from people is that usually there are more than 4 universes full.

I don't speak Japanese, I can Speak English, Spanish, and (Understand) Portuguese fluently, however no Japanese(I am from Mexico). This is some what of a factor in my choice, which brings up my last question

For non Japanese speaking players, How hard is it to learn what stuff is, and how to understand things on the PC/ps2 JP servers?

These are all my questions, I hope to get a reply from this great community soon, Thank you and have a happy new year all!

Alecc
Jan 1, 2009, 03:17 AM
How hard is it to find people to do runs with? On peek times it´s pretty easy, no worries.

Does everyone in the server know everyone now? Not really, but many of us who have been here for a while know other people.

Do you ever run into new people who you never met before? Yes, there are always new people around here. ( if you do low lv missions, you´ll find lots of new people)

Can you even buy stuff from player stores now days? Yes, you can.

Are there enough player stores to get what you want? Yes, there are.

How's the economy on the PC/ps2? I think it´s ok now, some people think it´s not.

How's the Hacking on the Pc/ps2? As far as i know, this is not a problem anymore.

If you don´t speak japanese, you´ll have a HARD time playing it. Even though there are english speaking on the jp servers, the whole game is in japanese and you cannot change the language.

Despite all the problems that have happened, PSU is still a great game, so much fun!
Nowadays pc gets 2 and a half, 3 full stars if we are lucky.
I think you should give a try again, you are probably enjoy it.

Also, we are on GBR (guardian boost road) until january 16, so pretty much everyone is playing these 4 missions (which have boosted drop rate).
Once an event arrives, and one should be coming soon, you´ll be able to level faster, as events have a boost on exp payout.

If you can, get Ambition of the Iluminus, since the missions people most play are AOTI, and you´ll have acess to many new items, missions and lobbies (assuming you dont have it yet).

There are many people out there , as myself, who can help you get started.

Welcome to PSU!!! ;)

(E você é do Brasil ou Portugal? Tem várias pessoas desses 2 países jogando, pode jogar com a gente! Abraço!)

Cracka_J
Jan 1, 2009, 04:04 AM
How hard is it to find people to do runs with?Not too hard, popular missions still get spammed, so you should be able to find a party if you hit up what the current "hotspots" are.

Does everyone in the server know everyone now?"Know Of" Everyone is prolly closer. While I only usually play with a handful of people, quite a bit of the pc/ps2 population posts here, so it's pretty easy to match names with players in-game.

Do you ever run into new people who you never met before?Yeah, but it's a rarer occasion these days. Most have alts as well, so it's a bit harder to tell if the people you're running into are people you haven't met or just vets with alts.

Can you even buy stuff from player stores now days?yep

Are there enough player stores to get what you want?Yep, for the most part. Unless the item is super rare, uber elemental %, or a godly grind. Things like that you'll have to use the trade forums to work out deals with. They won't be available in player shops.

How's the economy on the PC/ps2?Common items cheap, rare items expensive as always. If you don't need an uber palette, you can put a nice weapon selection together for any class fairly cheap.

How's the Hacking on the Pc/ps2?nonexistent, unless you consider a few weapon glitches hacking..

Why do you choose to stay on Pc/ps2 version, if you had the choice to go to JP version and keep your character, would you do it?PC offers best graphics/performance overall among the 3 system choices, plus the option of screen captures. I wouldn't move to jp for the simple fact that I don't understand japanese. If an english option was available, I don't think that would be a very hard choice for anyone to switch servers.

Alazar313
Jan 1, 2009, 04:19 AM
So then you guys would say that for the most part the ability to enjoy PSU to its fullest is still available on the PC/ps2 servers?

Is the community for the most part mature adults now?

A big problem back when I was playing was a lot of kids spamming disrespectful comments and such, I hear its still a big problem on 360, but Is it less common to find rude kids on the pc/ps2?

One more question, It really does reach 3 stars ? I was told 2 if lucky lol.

Also if anyone wants to get in contact in game, please leave me a way to contact you, My character name is .. oh man I forgot lol Its been over a year I think The guy I use is named Shiro Tagachi... off Guild wars, I cant remember exactly, But I would like to get to know some mature older players who wouldn't mind doing runs, My character should be in the 40s or 50s. I can't recall but I also have a 60+ Guntecher that I am sure of.

I will try to find the copy of AoTI on the ps2 at my local game stores tomorrow. I am sure its almost needed If i wanna play now. I have it on PC but I don't quite like playing on a PC, I much rather be on a console and infront of a TV feels more natural to me hahaha, So ill try to find it tomorrow and contact some people

Hopefully I can get more community insight on my questions too on here.

gratefulgriz
Jan 1, 2009, 04:25 AM
come hangout with me and 132!! we are pc!

autumn
Jan 1, 2009, 04:58 AM
Almost all of the people I've run into are 17 years old+. I don't know if I've just missed the like 13 and 14 year olds or if its the overall ages for the PC/PS2 side.

BIGGIEstyle
Jan 1, 2009, 05:07 AM
Not hard at all. Lower population doesn't mean impossible to find parties. If you need friends to run with hit me up on here or in-game and I'll get you hooked up with my guild- about 25-30 active players who are on regularly at any given time of day.

I hardly know everyone. I've seen people around and word of mouth travels fast about people though. As Cracka said it's more of "know of".

All the time. In fact I'm up to a total of 18 new players I've met(new to PSU) in the last three weeks. Whoever says thi game or our servers are dead is retarded.

Yes. Could you not before?

It severely depends on what you are looking for. Some things yes, others no.

The economy is HORRIBLE. But it's not something that EITHER US server has. A good US/EU economy is impossible. You want a good economy go JP.

Non-existent from what I see. I've never seen any hacking at all done on PC/PS2 so I'm lucky.

Why do you choose to stay on Pc/ps2 version, if you had the choice to go to JP version and keep your character, would you do it?
I played JP side. Bottom line, I did it when I was in a rut of not having ppl to play along with and we weren't getting content updates. Now that we are, there's NO reason to jump ship. There are more people who speak English on the US servers (duh.) and since it's my native language I like it more. So my final answer would be 'no' I suppose, since I did it once and now find it pointless to do so.

For non Japanese speaking players, How hard is it to learn what stuff is, and how to understand things on the PC/ps2 JP servers?
It is VERY SIMPLE. Do not let ANYONE tell you otherwise. The importers are amazingly nice people, and so are most JP players you meet. Most of them are so excited to be playing with an American/non-JP player that they'll go into "Super-helpful-awesome-translator-guide-friend" mode. I only ended up seeing 2 "JP onry" parties and actually joined one because they didn't want CHINESE players, not ALL non-JP players.

The katakana is easy to learn and within hours you'll have memorized a bunch of common items. The only problem is if you wanna play story missions you'd have to learn japanese, which is considerably more difficult.

In the end I chose to play US side because honestly, I play games to relax- it was AWESOME that my game taught me some real world knowledge (katakana), but given the choice of working to understand my game or just playing it, I'd rather just PLAY it.

Hope this helps ^_^

Kinako78
Jan 1, 2009, 09:15 AM
Stick with PC/PS2. There's a lot of nice people here. I've only run into one rude individual recently, so they're a very rare breed on those servers.

Kylie
Jan 1, 2009, 02:04 PM
Responses in bold:

[spoiler-box]How hard is it to find people to do runs with? Not all that hard for me because I have a pretty full list of mostly active people that I can play with.

Does everyone in the server know everyone now? I know a lot of people, but I guarantee you I'll find just as many people (if not more) I haven't met before in universe 02.

Do you ever run into new people who you never met before? Yes, all the time. You have to go to the popular missions to find them though.

Can you even buy stuff from player stores now days? Yes, and there are usually a lot of options to choose from.

Are there enough player stores to get what you want? Yes.

How's the economy on the PC/ps2? Not the same as the 360 side still, but it's stable.

How's the Hacking on the Pc/ps2? I haven't heard of any hacking in a while.

Why do you choose to stay on Pc/ps2 version, if you had the choice to go to JP version and keep your character, would you do it? Simple. I don't want a 360, and my friends still play on PC / PS2. I'd move to the JP servers under three conditions in addition to my character being moved there -- I need a decent PC to run the PC version, my friends have to be there, and they must add an English language patch.[/spoiler-box]

Noblewine
Jan 1, 2009, 05:04 PM

Not really as difficult but at the moment the GBR is where most of the people are.

I guess

Occassionally most of the new players are on uni 2 4th floor of G-Colony.

Yep, However their are people who sell stuff at max

Yep, though if you don't have the expansion your searching will be abit limited.

It seem okay though I only played for 2 yrs now so I can't really tell.

The hacking problem has ended after the New Years incident.