PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone online ... ever?

Callous
Jan 1, 2009, 03:27 PM
In the past two days I've been trying to get an online game going. I can sit in random matchup for 5 minutes with nothing happening at all even though I have all boxes ticked off. I have added everyone in the friend code list but no one is ever online. Is the online part really this dead? I just came back from Japan and the game was pretty hyped up over there, so I'm surprised that no one ever seems to be online.

deso123
Jan 1, 2009, 03:44 PM
yeah i been slapping the people in this section trying to wake them up and i dont even have the game.

Akaimizu
Jan 1, 2009, 03:57 PM
People have been playing together. However, organizing the game is a little unusual. Also, if you haven't posted your friend code to the list and been included, you wont see them since they have to add you.

However, the best way to organize us together is getting on the irc client. The topic for the IRC network and channel to connect to is right on the first page of the topics. It's sort of the replacement of not having the typical lobby system. This is what some have done, so far.

Callous
Jan 1, 2009, 03:58 PM
Well I actually managed to get a random game going, so at least now I know there's nothing wrong with my setup.

P.S. My code is in the list. Thanks for the IRC tip. It's not very practical for me, but that's not your fault! :P

Akaimizu
Jan 1, 2009, 04:00 PM
I saw that. So yeah, we're off and on. Problem is, it's very easy to play an online game, and menu out of online right afterwards and thus you aren't seen. We use irc for a more persistent (online) appearance. You'll almost always see people on efnet.org channel #ps0. However, people might be AFK at times.

Zael Kain
Jan 1, 2009, 04:17 PM
that's odd, i been getting random people just fine, but sometimes it disconnects me i don't know why

Akaimizu
Jan 1, 2009, 04:35 PM
Actually, the question was more for the friends not for the randoms. (eg. The friends formed using the stickied friends-code topic) The topic was about finding when they are on. I simply mentioned the irc channel as an easier way to see when one of us is on since that provides more persistent information about when we're on and looking for friend parties.

Ultie
Jan 1, 2009, 05:04 PM
random people usualy take me 30-60 seconds to find a game =/ u need to play when other people are. And i find playing with friends no problem either, since we organise our games or find them on chats.

WildArms2
Jan 1, 2009, 05:07 PM
add me I will play with you

Jason FC 0474 2150 4782

Callous
Jan 1, 2009, 06:43 PM
Thanks everyone. Managed to get a few friends games going, too, but people got disconnected frequently. Getting a random game takes many minutes and sometimes just doesn't happen. Doesn't seem to be easy to just jump on and play if you want a quick round whether it is with friends or randoms. Anyway, now I know everything's working. That was the most important part.

parabolee
Jan 1, 2009, 09:29 PM
I get random games in less than a 3 minutes usually.

But if you want a game with people you can communicate with, check out the IRC room. It's a great substitute for a lobby!

See my sig and check out the IRC room thread.

Akaimizu
Jan 2, 2009, 03:48 PM
Yep. And as you play with us (particularly Ultie), you get to marvel at those fine boxing gloves. (I believe you had them, right?) I know I'm a force, and I can't use them, but it certainly has me wanting to make a character that can.

Ultie
Jan 2, 2009, 03:58 PM
yes, and force can use them, there epic at low levels cause of the super high grind and exp steal