PDA

View Full Version : Best Type to solo True Darkness

Kudo Shinichi
Jan 1, 2009, 07:15 PM
I have a fighmaster and a gunmaster but the gaozorans are a pain with my beast and they are weak to my cast. Trying to find a agito repca also while trying to find a ank zazga board. Please post ways that u think this mission goes by faster.

ashley50
Jan 1, 2009, 07:43 PM
Fighmaster since its LOL DPS and TD and stuff?
Or Prolly both?

Spartan Law
Jan 1, 2009, 07:55 PM
I used to wipe the floor with the Mission using a high % fire De Colte Line on my Beast FF. (fire due to Gaozoran fireballs) Knuckles for Deljabans, Pistol for Jusnaguns and Jabroga for anything else.

The De Colte Line was MADE for HIVE runs and to be brutally honest, the lack of DFP/MST isnt as dreadful as some drama queens would have you believe. Sure you get hit harder buts its not double damage or anything remotely close to it. That 20 END not only saves you from Megid but from Freeze, Burn 95% of the time and Dulk Fakis' Stun meteors too.

To be honest, I can't really imagine any megid resistant/immune character having much trouble doing TD S2 nowadays. 150 level cap makes battering things there rather easy.

Seority
Jan 1, 2009, 08:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD2zVyF6iTo

Need I say more?

Kudo Shinichi
Jan 1, 2009, 08:17 PM
Ty for your replys i really hate being killed by megid and being burned by foie plus being frozen I usually carry a stun/resist for dulk fakis meteors.

Kudo Shinichi
Jan 1, 2009, 08:25 PM
Guess i need to get my gunner to lvl 150 lol.

unicorn
Jan 1, 2009, 08:51 PM
I'm gonna have to say Gunmaster, Fortegunner, or Protranser. Only because bullets murder Gaozorans so quickly. Besides ranger types, maybe Fortefighter over Fighmaster (since Assault Crush is win).

DreXxiN
Jan 2, 2009, 02:04 AM
CAST Fighmaster.

Spartan Law
Jan 2, 2009, 03:51 AM
CAST Fighmaster.

Must admit, I reckon that can outspeed that Gunmaster.

Would be tough though, Gunners are usually faster at killing crap stuff whereas Fighters are normally better for killing the tougher things. I would imagine the Fighter would be faster at killing Dulk Fakis than the Gunner was.

Shiryuu
Jan 2, 2009, 06:47 AM
Cast FF (preferably female) for high sta + resist unit + Paradi.

Then again, anything level <120 is pretty easy at 140-50.

amtalx
Jan 2, 2009, 09:10 AM
Due to the lack of multi-hitpoint bullet-resistant enemies, GM will be faster than FM. Also, Cast > Beast. Nano's aren't particularly useful to begin with, and they are totally useless on TD.

DreXxiN
Jan 2, 2009, 12:25 PM
Fighmasters in JP with the best stuff have done it faster than GM with the best stuff.

Sorry. It sucks, I know, Fighters still reign 90% of the game. (for now)

*Plays both*

I suppose a mediocre GM would dominate a mediocre FM, but on "Rich" levels with high PA's, the FM with skill would still win, especially with TD travel.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 2, 2009, 12:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sD2zVyF6iTo

Need I say more?
When i saw that i was like :-o
wow she can run TD twice when i do it in one run :P

but i think all her PAs are maxed and possible 10/10

DreXxiN
Jan 2, 2009, 01:25 PM
When i saw that i was like :-o
wow she can run TD twice when i do it in one run :P

but i think all her PAs are maxed and possible 10/10

I don't think so, just high grinds and she has a love inferno.

I remember in one of her later videos it showed her leveling up something to 47. *shrugs*

Remember, they can't AFK level there.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 2, 2009, 01:39 PM
I don't think so, just high grinds and she has a love inferno.

I remember in one of her later videos it showed her leveling up something to 47. *shrugs*

Remember, they can't AFK level there.

ah hmmm i never afk with my stuff well if you count sitting in the safe spots on plains of overlord but i dont think that counts since i have to to press X :P

Well i got the same level as her and class level (unless there class level is to 30 now)
Just need to get better stuff

San Anto
Jan 2, 2009, 03:17 PM
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ec-earJ2ug&feature=related

wiin.

KuroShinnen
Jan 3, 2009, 02:00 AM
I remember there was a video on youtube of a JP Fighmaster finishing TD S2 in about 2:30... The video was removed from youtube, and I have to find it since then, but that was the fastest recorded run of TD, with a Gunmaster very close behind. And if anybody can find that video, I would appreciate it. :D

LionHeart-
Jan 3, 2009, 09:16 AM
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ec-earJ2ug&feature=related

wiin.

Always and will love that video lol! 8-)

S7TGG
Jan 4, 2009, 02:45 PM
o yea 4 me is gt as an cast, i do heavy dmg with my bow and such more with xbow also

Kudo Shinichi
Jan 4, 2009, 08:12 PM
Well I just tried some stuff with this mission and saw which is better. I change my cast to a fighmaster and saw how fast i could do the mission, same thing with my beast. Got the mission done in 4 mins with my cast and 10 mins with my beast with the gazoran's as the mini bosses. Going to change my main to my cast now lol.