PDA

View Full Version : This R The Official Number Of Girls To Boys Ratio When It Comes To Interest In PS0

deso123
Jan 1, 2009, 10:56 PM
I have a PS0 video on youtube and this is the stats on views.

Cranberry
Jan 1, 2009, 11:11 PM
Hmm. This doesn't seem like a very scientific experiment.

the_importer_
Jan 1, 2009, 11:34 PM
I have a PS0 video on youtube and this is the stats on views.

Although the female gaming audience is rather large nowadays, a lot of them play games with easier controls such as computer games (MMOs), NDS and Wii games.

PSO, PSU and PSŲ require you to move your character in a 3D environment, attack, switching between menus and rotating your camera. All of this might be too complicated for gamers who are use to point and click their ways into gaming.

Epically Leet
Jan 2, 2009, 03:08 AM
I actually laughed out loud at this. No offense. It's just such a freakin' inaccurate statement that it's... incredible.

How... how the hell can you base shit like this on who viewed one damn video? It's so stupid.

haunted2
Jan 2, 2009, 03:30 AM
err ther might be females that random click into the link and counted as a view... since it is this way the experiment is taken place there will be alot of inconsistency as the result so this cannot be accounted for the amount of females playing this game.

deso123
Jan 2, 2009, 06:01 AM
oh dont be so sure. you should fear the youtubes. its only point of existence is not to watch funny videos. its to watch you and everything you do. they even log the transition of switching from each video and how man times you rewind and watch a certain part of it. they know all and they use it to control and manipulate you for big business and conspiracies. that data is in direct relation to what you are allowed to hear about in the news and what's going on in the world as well as how they tell you or dont tell you. that said i dont think i have enough views to count for much correct data but the gils are looking at pso or maybe just all the guys who like to pretend to be girls. boop boop sha doop.

Dragwind
Jan 2, 2009, 01:15 PM
This data is too inaccurate to be called "official." There are far too many variables just in the youtube part of it.

It's an interesting breakdown on the views of one video, but it doesn't represent any official figure for the player base as a whole.

Nowhere
Jan 2, 2009, 02:04 PM
I have to give deso123 credit for this one. It's certainly not very accurate, but it's more accurate than a lot of other acceptable methods of gathering these stats. At least it gives you a good idea of the amount of interest by gender/age.

mizukage
Jan 2, 2009, 06:55 PM
25-34 year old girls play PSO??

Cool. Does PSO imply Phantasy Star Zero or the classic?