PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Considering Getting PSU...

Zovc
Jan 1, 2009, 11:50 PM
As the title states, I'm considering getting PSU. I thoroughly enjoyed PSO 1&2 on the Gamecube, playing offline with my friends. I was extremely disappointed when I found out that PSU did not have offline multiplayer like the Gamecube version...

I am able to pay the monthly fee of PSU now, and as such, I am willing to give it a try. I enjoyed the "open beta" available on Xbox Live, and am ready to purchase the game. The only thing that is holding me back is my uncertainty and lack of confidence in the community.

I'd like it if I could get a few (biased or not) opinions on the Xbox 360 Phantasy Star Universe community.

Also, I've heard somewhere from a likely unreliable source that I do not need PSU in order to use the expansion. If that is the case, I am eagerly ready to try PSU, if not--I'll need some reassurance with the community. Is there any merit to what I came across, or do I need to purchase the PSU disc and then download the expansion? I have 1200 microsoft points that I've yet to find a use for (they will be used on the expansion). I plan on using a prepaid credit card in order to pay for the monthly fee (the package I purchase will be based on whether or not I actually buy the PSU disc), is this possible?

Midicronica
Jan 2, 2009, 12:09 AM
#1 You need learn English.

Sorry, it's an old joke.

Anyway, you do need the disc to play AOTI expansion. The population on the 360 servers is pretty large, so you have just about every type of person out there. You'll find your generally nice people, your cheaters, scammers, and your assholes. I wish I could say everyone on our server is a ray of sunshine but I'd be lying to you. However, I can say that the majority of people you meet will be nice. I've run with quite a few a random parties and I've only run into two or three bad party experiences. My best advice would be to find a nice group of friends you trust and get along with. Once you do that, your PSU experience will be very fun and rewarding.

buzyb77
Jan 2, 2009, 12:09 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156277

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156074

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155977

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155504

read away..

gratefulgriz
Jan 2, 2009, 12:16 AM
the community is great (at least on PC) but Segas commitment to the community is what is questionable. Regardless, welcome!

Zovc
Jan 2, 2009, 12:47 AM
Is there anything that ships with PSU that I would need in order to play the game (aside from the disc, of course). The only copy that GameStop lists on its website is used, so I'm wondering if there is a CD key of sorts that could have been prevously used.

Also, I assume prepaid credit cards will work with PSU... is anyone able to confirm this?

gratefulgriz
Jan 2, 2009, 12:51 AM
you do not need anything but the cd, there is no cd key, it uses gameguard. Im not too sure about prepaid cards, i would search the forums, but im pretty sure ive read that you can use them

chaoskila
Jan 2, 2009, 12:55 AM
its fun.
its requires many friends for it to be enjoyable.
played halo? of course you ahve you have an xbox. sega does a worse job than bungie.

HiroChicken
Jan 2, 2009, 11:45 PM
Is there anything that ships with PSU that I would need in order to play the game (aside from the disc, of course). The only copy that GameStop lists on its website is used, so I'm wondering if there is a CD key of sorts that could have been prevously used.

Also, I assume prepaid credit cards will work with PSU... is anyone able to confirm this?

I got my copy used from Gamestop and it has worked just fine. Not sure about pre-paid credit cards, though don't make the same mistake that I did and buy Microsoft points to pay for it. It will just charge to your card instead of needing the Microsoft points. At least those gave more Rock Band songs! :D

As far a community goes, it is pretty large, so you shouldn't have too much trouble finding anyone to play with. Playing any race and class should be fun and fine, though some combinations will be weaker. Exploring the planets and their various missions is quite fun to do.

It is better to use your characters computer in their room to search for cheap gear in player shops first rather than trying to buy from the NPC shops.