PDA

View Full Version : Quizno's vs Subway

Moo2u
Jan 2, 2009, 02:13 AM
The age old battle. Two enter; one leave victorious.

Ketchup345
Jan 2, 2009, 02:24 AM
Subway.
Pretty sure they were cheaper, food tasted better.

My city I think has just 1 Quiznos left. Maybe. We've had some close down.

Though take my opinion lightly, I have a few other reasons to support Subway over Quiznos.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 2, 2009, 02:30 AM
I work at Subway :3

Moo2u
Jan 2, 2009, 02:38 AM
I work at Subway :3

Sooo....does that mean you like em or not?

TalHex
Jan 2, 2009, 02:45 AM
subway, i ate there for dinner tonight on the way back from the ceremony

beatrixkiddo
Jan 2, 2009, 02:53 AM
Sooo....does that mean you like em or not?

Obviously!

zandra117
Jan 2, 2009, 03:47 AM
Firehouse Subs

W0LB0T
Jan 2, 2009, 03:47 AM
What the fux a Quizno's.

Ketchup345
Jan 2, 2009, 03:49 AM
What the fux a Quizno's.Some place to get a horribly overpriced sandwich. They also had some commercials with some little rat like muppet thing that was just creepy.

W0LB0T
Jan 2, 2009, 03:50 AM
Never heard of it and never want to

I usualy get my sanngers form 42. some good stuff there, like their wacko cookies.

SpikeOtacon
Jan 2, 2009, 04:17 AM
Let it be known that our very own official Sandvich maker Leviathan is a member of the Subway.

Vanzazikon
Jan 2, 2009, 07:22 AM
Subway, tastes great.

TalHex
Jan 2, 2009, 11:01 AM
subway all the way, quiznos always tastes like they burn it... and they put a funky mustard on everything! however penstation subs has better cheesesteak

Leviathan
Jan 2, 2009, 11:31 AM
Subway. (:
Because I bake the cookies so well.

Larian
Jan 2, 2009, 11:35 AM
Wait...Where is Potbelly!!??

Well then...I guess my choice would be...would be...Uhhhh...

Hey! I have Subway in the fridge downstairs!!! =D

-=Runs off=-

TalHex
Jan 2, 2009, 11:48 AM
somebody voted for quiznos! lets beat them with blunt objects!

Larian
Jan 2, 2009, 12:11 PM
The floggings will continue until morale improves!! =D

astuarlen
Jan 2, 2009, 12:39 PM
And I wonder why I left this den of mindless Subway thralls.

Let's be clear about this: Subway does not make sandwiches; Subway makes mediocre bread garnished with a smattering of tasteless, bologna-textured, bacterially precolonized "meats" and half-hearted plantthings.

Quizno's is no gourmet deli, but at least I would not feel disingenuous calling their offerings sandwiches.

What we really need here is some Potbelly or Panera. And if you're looking for a cheap, healthy option, a homemade sandwich.

PSA over.

deso123
Jan 2, 2009, 01:51 PM
this is tough ive only had quiznos a couple of times because they are more expensive but i remember them tasting about as good... ill just say schlotzsky's. they pwn all.

also, astuarlen is creeping me the fuuuuu out

Blitzkommando
Jan 2, 2009, 01:52 PM
I spent a quarter of college eating almost exclusively Subway. I had one sandwich from there a few months ago and found I could barely stomach it. Subway, much like American style pizza, is something I can no longer eat due to over-indulgence in the past (well, that and pizza leaves some nasty gastrointestinal problems for me). I also reevaluated and found their sandwiches to be mediocre at best compared to other chains.

That said, I prefer Schlotzsky's over Quizno's but I like both. Panera is fine too, so long as I remember to pull off their ridiculously large banana peppers as I like the flavor they leave, but don't care for getting a mouth full of pepper alone. Another good sandwich shop in this area is Milano's. Jersey Mike's Subs are also decent, albeit can be very greasy.

deso123
Jan 2, 2009, 02:58 PM
wut lol

beatrixkiddo
Jan 2, 2009, 03:48 PM
I spent a quarter of college eating almost exclusively Subway. I had one sandwich from there a few months ago and found I could barely stomach it. Subway, much like American style pizza, is something I can no longer eat due to over-indulgence in the past (well, that and pizza leaves some nasty gastrointestinal problems for me). I also reevaluated and found their sandwiches to be mediocre at best compared to other chains.

That said, I prefer Schlotzsky's over Quizno's but I like both. Panera is fine too, so long as I remember to pull off their ridiculously large banana peppers as I like the flavor they leave, but don't care for getting a mouth full of pepper alone. Another good sandwich shop in this area is Milano's. Jersey Mike's Subs are also decent, albeit can be very greasy.

A Jersey Mike's just opened up by my house. Pretty good.

HUnewearl_Meira
Jan 2, 2009, 04:06 PM
I don't care for Quizno's. I've have too many problems there with having to chomp down on the same bite ten or twelve times before I can pull the sandwich away, because the chunks of meat they use resist incision. If I were to pull the sandwich away prematurely, I would find the contents to be hanging from my mouth, distinctly separate from the bread. This is very, very poor sandwich construction. Aside from that, I also do not require all of my sandwiches to be toasted, and I do, in fact, prefer cold sandwiches, generally speaking.

So I'm down with Subway.

Also:

I've observed that, in my area, at least, any time you encounter a Starbucks, there is, invariably, a Quizno's within a block. If there is no Quizno's, then there is a Subway, and if there is no Subway, then there is a Port-of-Subs, and if not that, then a more obscure sandwich shop will be looming about. Has anyone else noticed this?

pixelate
Jan 2, 2009, 08:29 PM
It's even. Quizno's gets a point for quality. Subway gets a point for the "5 Dollar Foot Long" line.

MaximusLight
Jan 2, 2009, 11:21 PM
I'm a non-voter

pikachief
Jan 2, 2009, 11:23 PM
i never ate at quiznos but their commercials with those THINGS a while back....

ahhh so many memories with those songs.... ^^

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 12:09 AM
Have you seen the original song?

BRB!

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 12:21 AM
Back.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY6insZjCfU

Leviathan
Jan 3, 2009, 12:44 AM
I love it when people are stoned out of there minds, and they come to the store and sing the song.

Morons.

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 12:57 AM
We like tha moon. (0_0)b

Moo2u
Jan 3, 2009, 04:08 AM
I'm a non-voter

Welcome brother. I see you didn't check the non-voter option. Good job. That was a trap.

Para
Jan 3, 2009, 05:12 AM
Im guessing there's no such thing as mr.sub?

Moo2u
Jan 3, 2009, 01:17 PM
MR SUB IS NOT A VIABLE COMPETITOR!!

Mixfortune
Jan 4, 2009, 04:25 AM
Let it be known that our very own official Sandvich maker Leviathan is a member of the Subway.

Screw you kthx.

Well damn, I haven't had either in forever and a half, or at least due to the point that I work at Jimmy John's, which of course no one's mentioned or probably heard of, so that's certainly just awesome.

Back before that, though, I probably went to Subway more often than Quizno's, though I'd like to believe that's because Subway was open much later around here. Quizno's, I didn't quite care for their sandwiches in general, but I did find those Sammies things pretty good.

We had a Panera near my old place, don't remember if it's still there now or not, but they had some decent sandwiches... I was definitely more interested in the large variety of breads for sale though. Deliciousness.

There's a Jersey Mike's around the corner from my new place, but because of the perks of my current position, there's really not any need for me to eat at any other sub shops. The times I've tried it were a little on the dry side, likely because of how they time their slicing. They slice it then and there, sure, but because they leave the opened chunk in a cooler throughout, towards the end of the piece it could tend to dry. Particularly for cheese.

Alas.

beatrixkiddo
Jan 4, 2009, 04:27 AM
Screw you kthx.

Well damn, I haven't had either in forever and a half, or at least due to the point that I work at Jimmy John's, which of course no one's mentioned or probably heard of, so that's certainly just awesome.

Back before that, though, I probably went to Subway more often than Quizno's, though I'd like to believe that's because Subway was open much later around here. Quizno's, I didn't quite care for their sandwiches in general, but I did find those Sammies things pretty good.

We had a Panera near my old place, don't remember if it's still there now or not, but they had some decent sandwiches... I was definitely more interested in the large variety of breads for sale though. Deliciousness.

There's a Jersey Mike's around the corner from my new place, but because of the perks of my current position, there's really not any need for me to eat at any other sub shops. The times I've tried it were a little on the dry side, likely because of how they time their slicing. They slice it then and there, sure, but because they leave the opened chunk in a cooler throughout, towards the end of the piece it could tend to dry. Particularly for cheese.

Alas.

I haven't mentioned Jimmy John's because nobody else had yet :V They have a lot less variety than Subway, but what they DO have is tasty. And they deliver.

Nai_Calus
Jan 4, 2009, 06:57 AM
Five and a half bucks gets me a large lunch plate of steaming hot, excellent chinese food from one of the Chinese joints around here.

Why the FUCK would I spend that money on a *sandwich*?

CrimsomWolf
Jan 4, 2009, 11:18 AM
Besides, you can make a sandwich yourself.

Other than that, this quiz is flawed and biased, due to Leviathan's job at Subways.

TalHex
Jan 4, 2009, 11:30 AM
believe me, where i live you don't want chinese food that cheap... *shudders* curse you wang's kitchen! why have the food inspectors not smited you yet?

CrimsomWolf
Jan 4, 2009, 11:33 AM
It's called "Bribing"

TalHex
Jan 4, 2009, 11:36 AM
the must be evil... i shall organize a strike force to have them wiped out soon...

CrimsomWolf
Jan 4, 2009, 11:41 AM
Go with Napalm.

Napalm is good.

TalHex
Jan 4, 2009, 11:47 AM
you kidding? there is enough grease in that joint to level the entire city of new york if it caught fire!

CrimsomWolf
Jan 4, 2009, 11:53 AM
You can always rebuild it.

Larian
Jan 4, 2009, 12:16 PM
Go with Napalm.

Napalm is good.

Thermite is better!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEmHJORTlqk

CrimsomWolf
Jan 4, 2009, 12:27 PM
Oh yeah that too - especially if you're going against armored targets.

Lance813
Jan 4, 2009, 01:20 PM
or Hindenburgs...

astuarlen
Jan 4, 2009, 01:39 PM
Screw you kthx.
Jimmy John's
Alas.

I had Jimmy John's once. It was quite good, but I was quite hungry so that tends to skew the results. My impression was that Jimmy John's is what Subway should be--fresh, tasty, cold sandwiches with an appropriate meat-to-bread ratio--but utterly fails to achieve.

Mega dittos to Talon re: cheap Chinese grub.

And a product/business pitch:

Hindenburgers!!
Giant, German, flame-broiled beefwiches shaped more like a sub (but not a u-boat) than your typical burger. Restaurant decor will be aeronautic-themed, naturally, and meals will be flown to patrons' tables on radio controlled zeppelins.

Lance813
Jan 4, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hindenburgers!!
Giant, German, flame-broiled beefwiches shaped more like a sub (but not a u-boat) than your typical burger. Restaurant decor will be aeronautic-themed, naturally, and meals will be flown to patrons' tables on radio controlled zeppelins.

This made me "lol" really hard.

Alnet
Jan 4, 2009, 02:08 PM
Actually, my favorite sandwich comes from D'Angelo's. :wacko: Ohohoho~

Leviathan
Jan 4, 2009, 02:15 PM
I haven't heard about half of these places.
I need to get out more...

Also: Subway was the only place that would give me a job.
+5 points on their part.

Lance813
Jan 4, 2009, 03:40 PM
Subway didn't give me a job!

I'm pissed at them, damn manager was all like "Ohh yeah, we need help." Then I come in for an interview, and he was all like "No way man, Your not experianced enough."

Then I was like "Dude... Its fuckin` Subway." Then I left.

If you liked my story go listen to three preteenage girls speak.