PDA

View Full Version : Is it true there will be an expansion for PSU?

Alazar313
Jan 2, 2009, 02:41 AM
I just can't see how they can fit any more content on that DvD and keep what they currently have. I mean real content like New missions new maps new lobby and areas. Not content like a New weapon or peace of clothes here or there...

I have a friend who is telling me there will be an expansion soon, that mixes PsZ or something or PSU portable, I didn't quite understand what he was saying, But he said this would bring in a lot more people?

Can some one explain this to me?

Is it a real expansion, will we see more Areas and Maps lobby and Missions? Or will it be an "Update" like a peace of clothes...a sword.. or something tinny like that. ?

ashley50
Jan 2, 2009, 02:45 AM
this was on the front Page on the "news" tab >_>

http://www.pso-world.com/news/0252-first-details-upcoming-addition-aoti#comments

Alazar313
Jan 2, 2009, 02:53 AM
Ohhh I see Thank you and sorry about that hahaha...

Well I do hope they do something about the PC/ps2 population or something to encourage psp and DS owners to play the PSU game...

Also hope that they do something about the single mission crowding, I hate only being able to do 1 mission with real players and the rest of this great game I have to do alone because everyone only does one thing.

That is really the main reason why I still think PSO is a funner game, You go everywhere as you level up you progress, in PSU its all in 1 maybe 2 spots...so it gets boring very fast

ashley50
Jan 2, 2009, 02:58 AM
That is really the main reason why I still think PSO is a funner game, You go everywhere as you level up you progress, in PSU its all in 1 maybe 2 spots...so it gets boring very fast

PSO word...

Kazemi
Jan 2, 2009, 03:19 AM
I mean real content like New missions new maps new lobby and areas.missions aren't on the disc. only the area map pieces and such that make them up are on the disc.

That is really the main reason why I still think PSO is a funner game, You go everywhere as you level up you progress, in PSU its all in 1 maybe 2 spots...so it gets boring very fastpeople moved around on PSO? what?! people just spammed TTF over and over again to get to lv 200 as fast as they could and for the easy boss rares. then RT came along and joined that mix... there's nothing that says you have to stay in the hot spots and can't invite people to go else where.

Alazar313
Jan 2, 2009, 03:41 AM
missions aren't on the disc. only the area map pieces and such that make them up are on the disc.

people moved around on PSO? what?! people just spammed TTF over and over again to get to lv 200 as fast as they could and for the easy boss rares. then RT came along and joined that mix... there's nothing that says you have to stay in the hot spots and can't invite people to go else where.

This is why I came here, To try to find these players who actually want to go do a planet's mission chain instead of running the same mission 15 times on A Rank I much rather Go to a planet and finish all the missions on it on A or S Rank (Whatever is good for a 55) with other players. I would really have fun with this, and hope I can find players who like to do this kinda thing on here.

And about the Missions not being on the disc that is kinda cool...does that mean they could have added 40+ Missions if they wanted to build them? As long as their server has room they can continue to add content to the game? Makes me wonder just how small their development team is for this game, or why they take so long to add new missions with all the tools at their disposal.

xBladeM6x
Jan 2, 2009, 04:06 AM
The next expansion will not be hitting the US servers for at least another 8 months. So don't get your hopes up. And about spamming missions? No one is making you spam these missions. And as someone above said "Everyone would just spam TTF on PSO." So you can't say the same doesn't apply here, or there. On that note, every MMO to date has at least 1 mission that is constantly overspammed because of its EXP. I'm sure that if you have a group of friends to play with, I'm sure they wouldn't mind doing a "World Tour." I just did one last night. :D

Anyways, about the expansion, It will not be combining the PSZ with PSU, but it will combine PS:P with PSU. (Basically) It is still unknown as to if we will get the story involved in it, but they did confirm so far that we will be getting most (if not all) of the weapons from it. And have seen the weapons for myself, just about every single one looks badass, and has awesome/unique effects. On top of that, there will be battle changes to make the game more enjoyable, also there will be "Unique Novelty Weapons." Such as (For example) a Slicer that will shoot Sonic Rings. That kind of stuff.

amtalx
Jan 2, 2009, 09:17 AM
people moved around on PSO? what?! people just spammed TTF over and over again to get to lv 200 as fast as they could and for the easy boss rares. then RT came along and joined that mix... there's nothing that says you have to stay in the hot spots and can't invite people to go else where.

At least TTF and RT took you around the entire episode. White Beast is just...White Beast.

HiroChicken
Jan 2, 2009, 11:02 AM
And have seen the weapons for myself, just about every single one looks badass, and has awesome/unique effects. On top of that, there will be battle changes to make the game more enjoyable, also there will be "Unique Novelty Weapons." Such as (For example) a Slicer that will shoot Sonic Rings. That kind of stuff.

This. This right here just made my day, Blade. I'm all about the "novelty" weapons! :D

xBladeM6x
Jan 2, 2009, 11:48 AM
This. This right here just made my day, Blade. I'm all about the "novelty" weapons! :D
I <3 Novelty Weapons as well. :D

darkante
Jan 2, 2009, 12:57 PM
I despise spamming one mission over and over.
No matter the rewards.

Alazar313
Jan 2, 2009, 01:13 PM
Just another quick question, How many players equals 1 star, I always thought it was 100 players per star, But some people say 200, Any confirmed answer to this question?

xBladeM6x
Jan 2, 2009, 01:37 PM
Just another quick question, How many players equals 1 star, I always thought it was 100 players per star, But some people say 200, Any confirmed answer to this question?
200. Maybe a little more :P

Seira7
Jan 2, 2009, 02:05 PM
I recently started playing again but decided to limit my play time to 2, 3days max.
That way the huge flaws of PSU dont grate me so, and I can try and appreciate what I do like about it (customization, and um...yea that)

I solo a lot, and I try and play a different mission every time.
The game still feels really, really small compared to PSO. I miss traversing through the seaside, jungle, forest, seabed, towers, temple, mines, ruins, desert, spaceship and did I forget to mention the ultimate variants that actually look different o.o Not to mention epic bosses that were unique, like Sil Dragon and Olga Flow...etc.

Mabye one reason PSU feels so small are the reskins, and a lot of the "new missions"
are actually in the same areas. The reskins of bosses dont give you an epic feel lol, and make everything seem more repetitive.
The only missions I feel look unique are the Mushroom Forest ones , they are really designed nice. (giant rappy at the end is kind of cool for a mini boss too)

I really hope they can try and add new, unique missions with good rewards that are interesting
scenic wise and enemy/boss wise. It looks like they learned from their mistakes with ps0
so theres some hope. Also I hope they balance some class issues like they did in PSP and ps0(TP effects SLICERS in ps0! now let Newmans have the ATA stat effect guns...haha like that will ever happen)

...sigh...I think I have too much hopes for an expansion lol. And its not really even an expansion.
*goes back to reality*

Gryffin
Jan 2, 2009, 05:09 PM
God. I cannot wait for the PSP weapons. iirc, Prophets of Motav were in it, annnnd that means I can get it back on Gryffy, where it belongs<33333

buzyb77
Jan 2, 2009, 06:16 PM
funner

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=funner

Ahhhhhcccccccckkkkkk

buzyb77
Jan 2, 2009, 06:24 PM
...What?

I think the OP is referring to the Fact he knows very little about programming Yet he knows enough to know that PSU is running low on space and that The DVDs used on the playstation 2

4.7 gb

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/39268

and that PSU is like 4.4 GB... and Wile the PC and Xbox 360 don't have a real memory problem.

He is gitty like a school girl thinking that the Expantion could be as big (not really all that big jus sloppy programing) as the AOI expantion... due to something heard from the guyy in the ally while he was drinking the Green Fairy.