PDA

View Full Version : fighmaster and forefighter

Hulksmash
Jan 2, 2009, 02:49 PM
so has anyone else found fortefighter to be better/more enjoyable? my fortefighter has a lumirus/kaos knight and hits super hard with it i also like the pp usage not being as ridiculous and i have fun with more of the weapons. even after getting fighmaster to 20 i still seem to like ol fortefighter better anyone else the same way?

autumn
Jan 2, 2009, 02:53 PM
If you like FF better, for whatever the reason (better PP usage, bigger numbarz on screen, variety in weapon selection, not having to have good S rank gear because you can use great A rank stuff, ect...), play FF. Nuff said ^_-

San Anto
Jan 2, 2009, 02:56 PM
Well when i played as FF i used the weapons of FM so FM is the better choice for me personally.

Hulksmash
Jan 2, 2009, 03:00 PM
If you like FF better, for whatever the reason (better PP usage, bigger numbarz on screen, variety in weapon selection, not having to have good S rank gear because you can use great A rank stuff, ect...), play FF. Nuff said ^_-

actually i have about 300mil so i have very good s rank gear and i never use a ranks over s ranks except my 50% 10/10 slicer :-P

xzidanex
Jan 2, 2009, 03:03 PM
I agree, only because of the weapon selection. I like Knuckles and Twin sabers, so I love my FF. The attack speed increase is nice on FM, and I don't mind the PP cost increase, but I just can't get past the weapon selection.

Hiro_EtBlue
Jan 2, 2009, 03:05 PM
I wouldn't say it is better, but I have more fun as a Fortefighter. I like twin sabers and knuckles more than double sabers, longswords, and axes. I don't have the weapons nor the leveled skills to make full use of Fighmaster anyway. Just personal preference, really. Besides most of the people I usually play with are fighmasters so one Jabroga user is usually enough and they do a lot more with it than I would.

ashley50
Jan 2, 2009, 03:07 PM
Its all about Preference...

xzidanex
Jan 2, 2009, 03:11 PM
Its all about Preference...

Quite

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 2, 2009, 03:24 PM
Its all on your playing style i only use FM for solo cause its easy with jabroga but i hate people who spam jabroga in full parties.

PSU Character Information
DivineTenken"Sojiro" 150 beast FF(20)-Fg(20)-WT(20)-FM(8)
Dark Hadou "Sakura" 100 Cast FT(20)-AT(13)-WT(20)-MF(2)
BoogiePop Phantom 22 Cast Protranser 3
Hikikomori-Neet 35 beast FG(20)-GT(20)-GM(2)

Find me AFK on neudaiz bridge.

Mikura
Jan 2, 2009, 03:39 PM
I much prefer fF over FM, but that's mainly due to the weapon selection. Out of the 4 weapons FM can use, there's only 2 that I like using. And I would get really bored spamming two weapons over and over again. But again, it's preference. If you like the speed, and you happen to like all the weapons FM can use, then go for it.

Neith
Jan 2, 2009, 03:42 PM
I've been thinking of changing back to fF too. FM is great, but whenever I'm one-on-one with an enemy, I always start thinking 'damn, wish I could use Twin Sabers/Twin Claws/Knuckles'. It's hard to put down Lv41+ skills and attack speed though D:

Mikura
Jan 2, 2009, 03:47 PM
I've been thinking of changing back to fF too. FM is great, but whenever I'm one-on-one with an enemy, I always start thinking 'damn, wish I could use Twin Sabers/Twin Claws/Knuckles'. It's hard to put down Lv41+ skills and attack speed though D:

Or you could just...you know, change back and forth between fF and FM whenever the mood strikes you for something different. I intend to do that between all my Forte/Master jobs. I really can't imagine actually "staying" as a Master job full time without eventually getting bored.

Neith
Jan 2, 2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, I would just switch between them, but it bugs me everytime I play FM. To me, the FM weapons are great against groups, but sub-par against single enemies. The PA's that Sword/Spear/Axe/Double get are generally suited for groups, I guess. I'm kinda the opposite of you, I like finding a class I enjoy and sticking with it. Aside from leveling Protranser (and Guntecher for the GM requirements), my Caseal was Fortegunner almost exclusively since it released, and has only changed now with the arrival of Gunmaster.

While I love the weapons Gunmaster uses, I would've much preferred a different setup on FM, which is why I'm tempted to go fF mainly.

Mikura
Jan 2, 2009, 04:01 PM
Yeah, I would just switch between them, but it bugs me everytime I play FM. To me, the FM weapons are great against groups, but sub-par against single enemies. The PA's that Sword/Spear/Axe/Double get are generally suited for groups, I guess. I'm kinda the opposite of you, I like finding a class I enjoy and sticking with it. Aside from leveling Protranser (and Guntecher for the GM requirements), my Caseal was Fortegunner almost exclusively since it released, and has only changed now with the arrival of Gunmaster.

While I love the weapons Gunmaster uses, I would've much preferred a different setup on FM, which is why I'm tempted to go fF mainly.

I like sticking with a single class too normally, but I just don't see it with the Master classes. I sometimes need to be fT for example to heal and buff my parties, and fF I just prefer over FM anyway because of weapon selection. The only Master class I may stay on exclusively is Gunmaster, but that's only because as Fortegunner, I only used Rifles, Shotties, Lasers, and Twin Handguns anyway. The only sacrifice for me personally would be the Grenade Launchers, but I only use those on large mobs with more than one hit box anyway.

AweOfShe
Jan 2, 2009, 04:09 PM
I'm quite fond of Fighmaster, myself. And it isn't even for DPS reasons. If that were the case, I wouldn't even be sticking with my characters. :P

I like the speed quite a lot, and don't see myself going back to forteFighter any time soon, unless I'm taking pictures of some new Twin Claws, or something. That and I also like that I can use Confuse Trap G and Freeze Trap G, as a Fighmaster.

Though, I may alternate between Fighmaster and Acrofighter, since one class uses weapon types that the other doesn't, and vice-versa. I'll probably just alternate oh a whim though. :P

Jose!
Jan 2, 2009, 04:46 PM
so has anyone else found fortefighter to be better/more enjoyable? my fortefighter has a lumirus/kaos knight and hits super hard with it i also like the pp usage not being as ridiculous and i have fun with more of the weapons. even after getting fighmaster to 20 i still seem to like ol fortefighter better anyone else the same way?

...Wat?

FM>FF in my books :D

fayt6
Jan 3, 2009, 12:23 AM
yea...idk its all bout what YOU wanna do cuz its YOUR account lol but i like to think of it like this if fighmaster had another name itd ACROfortefighguner >.> or super ninja goboom cuz that explains alot lol

Atomic646
Jan 3, 2009, 11:56 PM

Are You a Beast? If so how often do you not hit 0's with a LKK? lol

vfloresjr24
Jan 4, 2009, 10:49 AM
I'm not sure If I like the master classes. I guess I have to wait till I come back to know what works for me.

darkante
Jan 4, 2009, 10:59 AM
The Fighmaster has little options for variety, which i prefer a heck lot more then improved speed.

I love Twin Sabers, Knuckles and Twin Claws too much to give it up.
Acrofighter is the only fitting change for me as it has probably same speed as Fighmaster and the weapons i like, but i havenīt tried it yet.
Therefor i stick with Fortefighter until i feel like switching.

garjian
Jan 4, 2009, 11:41 AM
playing as a fighmaster alone is ok... that character used to be a fighgunner... and she used to have 4 double sabers (each using differant photon arts) and 2 twin daggers. shes not my main so i didnt play her THAT much... but the variety in double sabers was enough. so being a fighmaster on her is ok... she has got jabroga and majarra instead of daggers... but i rarely use them...

however playing with the average fighmaster depresses me... you know... the horrid jabroga spam... and wasting tornado dance just to get enough time use jabroga... and that is why i NEVER play in open parties anymore.

that said... my main is a fortefighter... and hes much more fun...

see what people need to realise sometime is that psu is EASY... ridiculously so... i prefer looks and variety over power... jabroga spamming seed express is not fun... however i quite enjoy running through say... the holy grounds (whatever the nudiaz relics one is called) with my lovely sodad...

it used to be a lot more fun with friends but they all quit... so if soloing is what i have to do to get away from fighmasters... i do it :) or... i just name my party "no masterclasses >: (" and boot anyone who is...

so in short... fighmasters can be enjoyable if you use them in the way you think is most fun... rather than most powerful. if that doesnt work for you... try a class thats harder to use... like acrofighter or something...

Mini Trail
Jan 4, 2009, 12:31 PM
I chose ... Both!
i play whatever class i feel like!

Bael
Jan 4, 2009, 02:37 PM
I've been a FF for a long time. I really like FF.
I thought that FM with a speed boost and weapons i already used and had max PAs for.
would be great! I also thought the new speed boost would be cool! more hits at lower attack power = greater damage over time AND the lvl 50 PAs! But I'm kinda not liking it as much as I thought.
for only 2 reasons. I have no long range weapons and fewer hit points. this sucks for bosses and flying enemies. I miss my pistol and slicers. ALSO! if we are melee only and always have to be all up the the enemies face we should have higher def and HP for that. but no. Faster attack speed doesn't do it. The PP disadvantage is not really a problem for me. Weapons recharge using them with standard attacks and a recharge unit takes care of that.

the worse thing about FM for me is the accuracy. According to the stats FM should have loads more of it. I also understand that the more hits the more chances to get zeros. but I seems to be hitting zeros half the time and with a cati/hit I miss even more!! which means i'm not only doing less damage but I'm doing more the half less then my FF. I can take the lower damage numbers and decrease in stats and weapons.

but i can't take doing zeros all day for damage with accuracy that supposed to be higher!

RadiantLegend
Jan 5, 2009, 09:20 AM
I gave up all knuckles PAs at lv 40, 2 Twin saber PAs at lv 40 and 2 Twin claw PAs at lv 40 for JUST the FM speed alone.

Im never going back to fF

darkante
Jan 5, 2009, 10:37 AM
I gave up all knuckles PAs at lv 40, 2 Twin saber PAs at lv 40 and 2 Twin claw PAs at lv 40 for JUST the FM speed alone.

Ouch man, guess that class really means alot to you.

Inazuma
Jan 5, 2009, 08:17 PM
I've been a FF for a long time. I really like FF.
I thought that FM with a speed boost and weapons i already used and had max PAs for.
would be great! I also thought the new speed boost would be cool! more hits at lower attack power = greater damage over time AND the lvl 50 PAs! But I'm kinda not liking it as much as I thought.
for only 2 reasons. I have no long range weapons and fewer hit points. this sucks for bosses and flying enemies. I miss my pistol and slicers. ALSO! if we are melee only and always have to be all up the the enemies face we should have higher def and HP for that. but no. Faster attack speed doesn't do it. The PP disadvantage is not really a problem for me. Weapons recharge using them with standard attacks and a recharge unit takes care of that.

the worse thing about FM for me is the accuracy. According to the stats FM should have loads more of it. I also understand that the more hits the more chances to get zeros. but I seems to be hitting zeros half the time and with a cati/hit I miss even more!! which means i'm not only doing less damage but I'm doing more the half less then my FF. I can take the lower damage numbers and decrease in stats and weapons.

but i can't take doing zeros all day for damage with accuracy that supposed to be higher!

sounds pretty bad. are your character and type the max level? do you play cast? i know its possible to have good accuracy as FM so you just need to figure out what you did wrong.

Gen2000
Jan 6, 2009, 03:58 AM
All I used as FF was spear, axe, and slicer most of the time anyways. FM is the same for me...but faster and no slicer. I'm never going back.

I can easily see why some would go back to FF though. They seem to lose the most weapon variety in terms of Sranks compared to other masters. I mean this game is ridiculously easy anyways if you pay any small amount of attention to what you're doing....sometimes you just want to kill enemies with a drunken punch or hadoken when things get too tedious.

Also if everyone was FM all those FF/AF only Srank weapons would be worthless in value, someone gotta buy them.

Darius_Drake
Jan 6, 2009, 01:34 PM
I will bounce between the two after I get my FM leveled up some more. I used the spear and axe greatly anyway and love the speed boost, but at the same time my favorite weapon overall were knuckles and I also liked the flexibility of having a handgun for flying creatures.

dexter_safe
Jan 6, 2009, 05:53 PM
I really like fm and the weps it does have, like long swords (kinda) really like double saber. like spears( rip off on the 360 sever anyhow), and axe but jabroga is really only worth using in sum points of a mission. i got bored of ff i guess =P and being a beast fighter(too strong at times) -.- so i'm a human fm ^^

San Anto
Jan 6, 2009, 06:03 PM
I really like fm and the weps it does have, like long swords (kinda) really like double saber. like spears( rip off on the 360 sever anyhow), and axe but jabroga is really only worth using in sum points of a mission. i got bored of ff i guess =P and being a beast fighter(too strong at times) -.- so i'm a human fm ^^

spears are pricey for everyone :(, need carnival for the mugunburga drop.

dexter_safe
Jan 7, 2009, 01:42 PM
i think the carival will drop the mugunruk board aswell so that mite be good. if the mod walna is cheap atm buy all u can afford because they will go up

Calsetes
Jan 8, 2009, 12:40 PM
I have yet to try Fighmaster, but I'll probably use it on my main until it hits 20, then go back to Fortefighter (unless my double saber and axe skills still need worked on, then I'll probably use them to level the PAs to the point that my Fighgunner and Protransers can have level 40 skills).

I love "sword" weapons way too much to stick with only greatswords, gotta have my twin sabers and single sabers.

Syanaide
Jan 8, 2009, 01:34 PM
I like having double sabers and axes on my palette at the same time. Spears are just icing on the cake. Fighmaster has exactly what I want, the 'exclusives' from both of it's two experts. I just wish I had something other than swords, never been a fan.

Nano535
Jul 7, 2009, 03:10 PM
I love the FF weapon selection. I dont mind my Jabroga being a bit slower (being that i only use it on the boss) but i would get soooo bored with onlky 4 weps as a FM

Calsetes
Jul 7, 2009, 03:22 PM
Wow, talk about bringing up an old topic... but that's good, as I've actually tried Fighmaster now and can provide my opinion on it.

I prefer Fortefighter still, if only for the variety in weapon types, and for the extreme usefulness of a handgun (after all, when the situation calls for it, you wouldn't want to bring a knife to a gun fight, would you?). Fighmaster would probably be amazing if I had 50% weapons and armor, something OTHER than a skill saver in my arm slot, and all my PAs at level 50 but..... that's a bit too much for me. Plus, all the Fighmaster skills are a bit on the bland side (save Majarra and maybe Absolute Dance), and I still prefer my twin saber and saber skills a tad more. Other than that, they're like a slightly more wafer-thin fighter that can attack a bit faster, thus resulting in more DPS but at a cost of some survivability.

Either way, my FF is going to be phenomenal when we get the supplementary update in like 2 years or so.

Mikura
Jul 7, 2009, 03:58 PM
Wow, talk about bringing up an old topic... but that's good, as I've actually tried Fighmaster now and can provide my opinion on it.

I prefer Fortefighter still, if only for the variety in weapon types, and for the extreme usefulness of a handgun (after all, when the situation calls for it, you wouldn't want to bring a knife to a gun fight, would you?). Fighmaster would probably be amazing if I had 50% weapons and armor, something OTHER than a skill saver in my arm slot, and all my PAs at level 50 but..... that's a bit too much for me. Plus, all the Fighmaster skills are a bit on the bland side (save Majarra and maybe Absolute Dance), and I still prefer my twin saber and saber skills a tad more. Other than that, they're like a slightly more wafer-thin fighter that can attack a bit faster, thus resulting in more DPS but at a cost of some survivability.

Either way, my FF is going to be phenomenal when we get the supplementary update in like 2 years or so.

How so? If I recall, fF is the ONLY class that receives no stat boosts at all with that update. lol

Also, now that the Master classes have been out awhile and I've tried FM some, I can honestly say that I still prefer fF by a large margin. And it all keeps coming back to weapon selection. The limited FM palette just ruins it for me. About the only thing I love about it is the speed with axes. That's just freaking awesome. But I couldn't stay with it as a career class.

NDW
Jul 7, 2009, 04:28 PM
How so? If I recall, fF is the ONLY class that receives no stat boosts at all with that update. lol

Hunter, Ranger, Force, Fortefighter, and Fighmaster do not get any stat boosts from the AOTI supplemental update.

I'm surprised that Gunmaster is getting a 14% increase in ATP and glad that Masterforce is being balanced by getting a 23% increase in TP, 130% increase in EVP, and 15% increase in HP.

Sources:
http://psupedia.info/AOTI_supplemental_update#Type_adjustments
http://teitan.inchoativum.net/aoi_level20_stats.html

Mikura
Jul 7, 2009, 04:34 PM
Hunter, Ranger, Force, Fortefighter, and Fighmaster do not get any stat boosts from the AOTI supplemental update.

I'm surprised that Gunmaster is getting a 14% increase in ATP and glad that Masterforce is being balanced by getting a 23% increase in TP, 130% increase in EVP, and 15% increase in HP.

Sources:
http://psupedia.info/AOTI_supplemental_update#Type_adjustments
http://teitan.inchoativum.net/aoi_level20_stats.html

Well, the basic classes hardly count, and I overlooked FM. But yeah, the big hard hitters aren't going to get any advantages from this update.

Calsetes
Jul 7, 2009, 05:29 PM
Simple - I can put my AMP or whatever it is into some bonus things for Fortefighter, like seeing how level 50 Assault Crush would do, and the thing to boost my defense and make me a big target for mobs - tanking, just like in the good old days.

That would make it phenomenal in my eyes, but to each his own.

sovalou
Jul 7, 2009, 05:37 PM
what ever happened to just playing GT? Then there wouldn't be a issue at all about which is better. :>

garjian
Jul 7, 2009, 06:12 PM
ive had a FM for months...
completely unused...
i recently had to switch her to PT just so id play her a bit...

FM is the most dreary, over used, boring class ive ever used... and ive had a fortegunner >.>

it actually managed to put me off of double sabers... that character was based around double sabers... when she was fighgunner... then fighmaster came... ruined her... and now i feel i cant use fighgunner anymore cause it feels weak... and is still somewhat remaniscent of FM... i really cant stand it :/

unicorn
Jul 7, 2009, 06:23 PM
I'm very fond of Claws (single and twin), Knuckles, and Sabers (still leveling my twins), so I'd prefer FF more than FM. The only reason I would have for going FM is for the Double Sabers and speed.

Mikura
Jul 7, 2009, 06:39 PM
Simple - I can put my AMP or whatever it is into some bonus things for Fortefighter, like seeing how level 50 Assault Crush would do, and the thing to boost my defense and make me a big target for mobs - tanking, just like in the good old days.

That would make it phenomenal in my eyes, but to each his own.

Yeah, I was just thinking about the raw stats. I'll probably just get a lot of my PAs to 42 just for the gold after-trail effects from the PAs. lol