PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard is laughing all the way to bank

TheOneHero
Jan 3, 2009, 12:29 AM
WoW currently has 11.5 million subscribers.

Let's say each of them buys a year worth of game time, 15 dollars a month.

2,070,000,000 dollars a year in subscription fees alone.. That's in the billions. Feel free to do the math on actual purchase of the game.

I can only imagine how much they'll make off of StarCraft II and Diablo III...

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 12:34 AM
Holy Shit!

Time to make an MMO, whos with me?

TheOneHero
Jan 3, 2009, 12:35 AM
I've been working on one for awhile now. >_>;

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 12:36 AM
Haha, really?

TheOneHero
Jan 3, 2009, 12:37 AM
*Goes to PM*

Fact: I am not ashamed to contribute to Blizzard's success.

pikachief
Jan 3, 2009, 12:39 AM
is it a FKL MMO? :D

if so can i play as myself!? :O that would be kewl :)

except i can do that in PSU WoW and pretty much any MMO which is really the point of the character customization....

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 12:40 AM
*waits for PM*

TalHex
Jan 3, 2009, 12:44 AM
could you PM it to me too, TOH?

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 12:46 AM
TOH is secretly a spy for blizzard... actually hes more like a.... ninja.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 3, 2009, 12:48 AM
Pics or it isn't being developed.

TheOneHero
Jan 3, 2009, 12:49 AM
Pssh, Blizzard treats me right. ;o

I can't always say they get updates out on time though. Once, they were two hours later. :disapprove:

(But everyone got like a weeks worth of free play or double exp, or something AWESOME! Seriously.)

I forgot to mention, Blizzard also continues to make sales on StarCraft and WarCraft II and III. :wacko:

[spoiler-box] They only stuff I've done on my MMO, is story, damage calculators, dungeons, maps, race stats, weapons, basic play style, and reading through to see if it'd work. Nothing for pics is available. ;o But this isn't about me, it's about Blizzard and their huge amounts of money! [/spoiler-box]

Lance813
Jan 3, 2009, 12:54 AM
Cha-Ching! :wacko:

Saner
Jan 3, 2009, 01:29 AM
that is kinda annoying though, we deserve to get rich too. hand it over, Blizzard! :p

ShinMaruku
Jan 3, 2009, 02:03 AM
WoW currently has 11.5 million subscribers.

Let's say each of them buys a year worth of game time, 15 dollars a month.

2,070,000,000 dollars a year in subscription fees alone.. That's in the billions. Feel free to do the math on actual purchase of the game.

I can only imagine how much they'll make off of StarCraft II and Diablo III...
SC and diablo won't reach the numbers of wow for simple reasons.

Either way Blizzard makes even more than that because they are part of Activsion and that whole thing is the biggest game company.

Scrub
Jan 3, 2009, 02:45 AM
most of those subscribers are asians and we all know that they dont count

Nitro Vordex
Jan 3, 2009, 02:48 AM
They only stuff I've done on my MMO, is story, damage calculators, dungeons, maps, race stats, weapons, basic play style, and reading through to see if it'd work. Nothing for pics is available. ;o But this isn't about me, it's about Blizzard and their huge amounts of money!
Sounds like it will knock WoW off its throne.

Shadowpawn
Jan 3, 2009, 03:01 AM
Sounds like it will knock WoW off its throne. :burger:

FOCL.

Adriano
Jan 3, 2009, 03:08 AM
Pssh, Blizzard treats me right. ;o

I can't always say they get updates out on time though. Once, they were two hours later. :disapprove:

(But everyone got like a weeks worth of free play or double exp, or something AWESOME! Seriously.)

I forgot to mention, Blizzard also continues to make sales on StarCraft and WarCraft II and III. :wacko:

[spoiler-box] They only stuff I've done on my MMO, is story, damage calculators, dungeons, maps, race stats, weapons, basic play style, and reading through to see if it'd work. Nothing for pics is available. ;o But this isn't about me, it's about Blizzard and their huge amounts of money! [/spoiler-box]

I'll take 47 copies.

Saner
Jan 3, 2009, 03:12 AM
maybe I should invent a card game that isn't pokemon. :p

TheOneHero
Jan 3, 2009, 03:17 AM
I invented a card game once.

"52 pickup"

Nitro Vordex
Jan 3, 2009, 03:27 AM

"52 pickup lines"
Critics raved.

Adriano
Jan 3, 2009, 03:57 AM

"52 pickup"
From The makers of "I Spy, I See".

Sayara
Jan 3, 2009, 11:45 AM
Br*Quest

SStrikerR
Jan 3, 2009, 01:01 PM
Speaking of games....*makes a pm*

VanHalen
Jan 3, 2009, 01:21 PM
I had an idea for a MMO. I was going to steal all the classes from other successful MMOs and then throw in other ones that I think of in my head. Classes like Rabbi, otaku, librarian, governor, samurai, carpenter, plumber, magician(more like a David Blaine, or Houdini not spell caster) etc. With all these classes you'd think that there would be only seven good classes and everything else sucked. OH NO, I'm going to make one class broken every week. That is how I'll solve the balance issue!

Though as a wise man said "working on it"