PDA

View Full Version : GM sightings....

buzyb77
Jan 3, 2009, 09:30 PM
As you all know Our GMs on the World servers are more Rare than AL Rappies.

And severely under leveled. and in most MMOs they are Stronger that regular players.

But in the world servers they are low levels....

anyway on the JP servers How often are the GM seen and are they ner the LVL caps are can they often only get into A maybe S at best.

Also Has anyone seen the GMs during our current event or are they as Always only around to discuss our Rollbacks, or just to telll us we have "no Idea" when/if we are getting "whatever" event.

Also I would like to Read about the Last time You Saw a GM, WHat SERVER, and what they were doing. Be it leveling or whatever....

Last time I saw them

Xbox 360 I Saw one of them on the 4th floor of the Space station right after we got the MasterClasses and just before they took it down for the ROLLBACK.....

next

pikachief
Jan 3, 2009, 09:35 PM
I know JP gets their "Girls" and "guys" GM things where they have 4 GMs throughout whole events :P

like the MAG MAG GILRS :) so they get GMs all throughout events :D

lol

God_Shiden
Jan 3, 2009, 09:38 PM
On the whole sonic birthday stuff. I remember joining a random dudes party to help him level when a GM in a tails costume joined also. They were about 55or so and attacked normally and whatnot. I dont know what gm that was tho...

Rambo!
Jan 3, 2009, 10:50 PM
As you all know Our GMs on the World servers are more Rare than AL Rappies.

And severely under leveled. and in most MMOs they are Stronger that regular players.

But in the world servers they are low levels....

next

In most MMO I have ever played the GM and Developer users were artificially buffed up to max level and had items that could not be acquired normally so that they were always more powerful. Either that or the GM's were selected from the members of the community who put in the most hours per month and therefore had the top items anyway. This was mostly because they could ensure that a decent numbers of Gm's are always on the servers.

Triton
Jan 4, 2009, 02:39 AM
Actually in some MMO games the game monitors have their own sever to play on with extreme bonuses for exp, item drops, yada yada but I'm not sure there one for psu usually you can tell because when the game updates they link their server and some times the is still active when players login after the update. I know there is one for FFXI and for WoW. I know of more but they escape me at the moment.

DesuJet
Jan 4, 2009, 04:33 AM
Chillaura is Sonic and the other one is Tails.

Alazar313
Jan 4, 2009, 04:41 AM
In FFXI iv seen GMs walking around the game world before once or twice. Its very rare especially now days, but when FFXI was still a young game, in 2004-2005 It was not un herd of to hear people talk about a G.M sighting in Valkrum Dunes or The Sanctuary of Zi'Tah. I saw one once as I was walking to Davoi in Junger forest. And again when I was leveling my low level Monk in Saburatara.

I don't think they continue to do this now days though, Ever since the Treasures of Aht Urhgan expansion came out I haven't herd of any GM Sightings on that game.

Criss
Jan 4, 2009, 05:11 AM
Seen Melchior on January 1st on Uni 2. He said there would be good stuff coming when the team goes back to work again, so I suppose somewhere around mid January. He also said they were in the talks for the next event, but he couldn't give any dates because the last time he did, they found a serious bug that made them push back the release and everyone was mad.

Kumlekar
Jan 4, 2009, 05:54 AM
Actually in some MMO games the game monitors have their own sever to play on with extreme bonuses for exp, item drops, yada yada but I'm not sure there one for psu usually you can tell because when the game updates they link their server and some times the is still active when players login after the update. I know there is one for FFXI and for WoW. I know of more but they escape me at the moment.

... Why would they have that? In most situations for games that aren't free, the GM's are employees. They are given max level characters and unique items/abilities so that they may do their job as a mediary between players and developers. Having them play on a different server defeats the purpose of paying them.

In PSU they can create any item in the game, and we all know how important levels are [/scarcasm]. They probably were max leveled before the level cap increase, but because they primarily do missions to help new players, theres no need for them to be max level.

As for "being chosen from the players with the most hours" thats a moderator position, not game master. all those people can do usually is mute players and sometimes impose temporary bans. Game masters usually are given game breakign abilites (ie. spawning items and such)

Noblewine
Jan 4, 2009, 02:06 PM
Last year maybe in June I saw Sage & Melchior in the lobby where Cave of Ice was located. I remember them mentioning master class but that's all I can remember. I didn't really look at their gear or level it considered rude.

buzyb77
Jan 4, 2009, 03:19 PM
Last year maybe in June I saw Sage & Melchior in the lobby where Cave of Ice was located. I remember them mentioning master class but that's all I can remember. I didn't really look at their gear or level it considered rude.

Maybe there are a Few lvl 1's that think that way too when I am on my FT or AT.... no wait they want me to power LvL them.....the yet again those pople are Asking for 500k on the 4th floor....

on the 360 you can analog stick click to find out their name and LVL so it really easy too se the LvLs and Jobs around you with out looking at someones gear yet then Again If someone is in my party and doing great damage/ hitting for 0/ single digit damage or they are diying like a chame I have too look at the Gear (it is a Must) otherwise how else would I been able to tell a LVL 100 that there is better Armor that the one you start with....(btw at the time 110 was the cap.)

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jan 4, 2009, 04:46 PM
They should have their name in red not blue, seeing one at the moment is as common as seeing a red unit drop.

Thor131
Jan 5, 2009, 12:13 AM

... Why would they have that? In most situations for games that aren't free, the GM's are employees. They are given max level characters and unique items/abilities so that they may do their job as a mediary between players and developers. Having them play on a different server defeats the purpose of paying them.

I think he’s talking about the company server that the game testers use to test new game data before they implement the data to the online game. I’ve heard the one for FFXI is called Atomos, the WoW I think it called sigmas or something like, not sure about the names though. It would explain why PSU has so many glitches because they don’t have one.

Sry Had server names swithhed thx buzyb77 for the FFXI correction

amtalx
Jan 5, 2009, 12:16 AM
GMs also spend a majority of their time on regular characters. It makes it a lot easier for them to monitor things and just play the game if everyone isn't wetting their pants over some blue letters.

buzyb77
Jan 5, 2009, 12:18 AM
FFXI Test server is Atomos

http://www.playonline.com/pcd/service/ff11usindex.html

its at the bottom