PDA

View Full Version : Epic Parasite Eve 1 and 2 marathon!!!

Saner
Jan 5, 2009, 02:56 AM
here is the beginning of the first one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBvCsJRE6A0

and here is the sequel!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SIX0Hqymew

these people have the complete walkthroughs in their section, so it's almost like watching a movie! learn more about two of the most underrated games you never played! :D

whoa, Aya could sure pass for Cloud's sister. well technically she is since Nomura made her. :p
this is the first game and original series that team made after the success of FFVII.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 5, 2009, 02:58 AM
^Off topic is that way^

I'm not sure how many people like that game, but I've never played it, so I guess I can't say anything about it.

Psh,, it never works like that.
IT SUCKS :>

Outrider
Jan 5, 2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah, the first Parasite Eve was decent, I suppose. Though, as has been par for the course with Square for many, many years, they didn't get the real-time gameplay quite right. Aya moves incredibly slow in battle, to the point where if you're not casting Haste at the beginning of each encounter, you're screwed. Oh, and also par for the course - the story just keeps becoming more ridiculous and more convoluted and and just starts hemorrhaging plot lines left and right.

However, I will say that I really appreciated that the game was set in modern day Manhattan - it was quite refreshing at the time, especially since the game was coming from a company like Square-Enix, who never did anything like that.

I've heard Parasite Eve 2 is a bit better, though. I guess it's more like a Resident Evil game with RPG stats instead of an RPG pretending to be a Resident Evil game?

Saner
Jan 6, 2009, 06:12 PM
yes people felt more at home with PE2's gameplay because it was no longer of waiting or an action time bar to fill up to start shooting. :p

but PE2 still felt a little borken up because the screen turns inverted colors when an encounter takes place, and there is still that 'score window' that pops up after the enemies are cleared. but it's still a pretty good improvement, gameplay-wise.

Outrider
Jan 6, 2009, 11:42 PM
Unless I'm wrong, I believe the third title will be coming out on PSP.

(Can't remember if it's a port of the forthcoming cell phone game or if they're making a whole new game.)

Meyfei
Jan 7, 2009, 12:59 PM
i Loved that game, awesome :D. Dont know about PE2 though havent played that one.

Saner
Jan 7, 2009, 08:00 PM
kewl! ya I heard the 3rd one is a spinoff and going to PSP, which is the reason why ppl are ranting about the system choice. I guess SE wants to keep some developer teams on really tight budgets. afterall its cheaper to make a psp game than a console game.