PDA

View Full Version : Illusion Shaft...IS A RACE FASTER GO GO! (d'oh!)

AzureBlaze
Jan 5, 2009, 04:17 AM
Did you know Illusion Shaft is a race?
Yes, if you can get the party thru this secret special mission in under 2 minutes, Capn' Crunch will come out at the end and crunchatize everyone into having ALL THE WEPS IN THE GAME. So it's vitally important to kill every monster in .0003 second with your mightyest attack. If you're a ranger amongst hunters it's your duty to kill everything from the doorway of the room before anyone can land a hit. (you're helping)

Forces should always use their strongest elemental techs and focus attacks while buffing the party every 3 seconds and using jellen/zalure on the monster so they die EVEN FASTER. Also megid everything 5x/second.
Trappers must only use damg traps because freezing them for other people while getting exp for yourself isn't enough. Hunters should Jabroga everything they see. Do 29346 damg and scatter monsters like a madman. It makes the Funkopotomus come out faster.

The point of going into IllusionShaft is to come out of it AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. Illusion Shaft, Phantom Fissure are levels which might LITERALLY VANISH while you run them so a run in under 4 minutes is best. Also they are never any fun, so you dont want to spend time there.
Do not break any box, do not share any exp and be sure to ignore the billions of meseta that drops. After all, what good is getting in there? You don't want to be in there....you want to be....at the end and out of it ASAP!

Of course this is all liez.
Capn Crunch and the Funkopotomus will never come out.
So then why does EVERYONE act like IS is one huge race and that killing everything in 1 hit is the ideal? I've NEVER seen parties buzz as fast as when they're in IS. Forget bringing the A'game in every other mission but this one. Geez!

I was on there twice today...and once I got 10k exp and A SCAPE DOLL THATS IT. I was trying for the MP for Fighmaster (yes I want to try it out--no biggie) so I dont have any guns. A force and a ranger had every single guy decimated before I could run across the room! AND before the party even started two people (me included) asked everyone really, really nicely to share the exp, don't SUV, go slow, and "Tag up only" on monsters. But get in there?
Nooooo
It's like Fakis is on the way it's the end of the world in 5 damm seconds.

I'm always always polite in there. Using wrong-element weps on purpose. Unequipping my SUV. NEVER doing JA's or even really PA'ing. Normal attacks by a group are enough to waste everything. It's ONLY S rank too, not like anything is dangerous. The mission will not vanish. It is full of useful things. It is not timed. Meseta is nice. Yet people will SUV and turn into Nano and and go buffs crazy. Bleh...the real challenge is snagging EXP on these!

I hope this was an amusing enough rant. Do you get this situation? What can be done? Are you polite?
Bonus points if you know who the Funkopotomus is.

drizzle
Jan 5, 2009, 05:01 AM
Don't be so slow.

CelestialBlade
Jan 5, 2009, 05:06 AM
I'm not against people trying to kill stuff most effectively, but it is true that people get into a rare mission and all the sudden it's a choreographed track meet for no reason. Reminds me of when I was in a party that got Phantom Forest, and the morons were so obsessed with running it as fast as they could that they completely missed spawns, and thus chances at good rares.

Aren't elitists great?

Smidge204
Jan 5, 2009, 06:42 AM
I do notice this, and it is annoying.

Then again, I always feel rushed when I'm not playing solo. I'm the kind of person who would stand idle for an hour while my rifle recharged, rather than use a Photon Charge.

I really don't get what the big deal is, either. People spend an hour sitting in the lobbies B.S.ing but suddenly they have important things to do when in a mission? IS doesn't even drop anything "rare" - if you want a Shi-Kakimi that badly I'll give you one.

If I'm leader, which is often, I will try my best to explain that time works in your favor. Up to 30min the chance of getting a rare mission again increases. There is nothing OMGWTF valuable to be had and item distribution is on RANDOM so it need not be a race to the pretty red thing in the middle of the room. I've yet to kick anyone for being a douche about it, though.

And Lamont wants his jar of eyeballs back.
=Smidge=

darkante
Jan 5, 2009, 06:55 AM
Thatīs why i prefer to do the Rare missions with friends, because they are nice enough to let me tag enemies before they exterminates them.

I absolutely despises max level people, especially Gunners killing everything before i get a chance to tag for EXP.

amtalx
Jan 5, 2009, 09:26 AM
I'm a ranger so I don't exactly feel your pain, but I can understand. However, its mere karma for hunters getting all the rares in PSO.

*still bitter*

darkante
Jan 5, 2009, 10:22 AM
I'm a ranger so I don't exactly feel your pain, but I can understand. However, its mere karma for hunters getting all the rares in PSO.

*still bitter*

Really? My force and ranger reaped most of the good rares in PSO for me. XD

amtalx
Jan 5, 2009, 11:48 AM
Yeah, I used a Baranz Launcher, so I had to stand back to do the most damage. By the time I got close, most of the red boxes were gone.

drizzle
Jan 5, 2009, 12:56 PM
Well that's your own fault then isn't it :p

Seority
Jan 5, 2009, 01:15 PM
Oh boy! TA time!
:wacko:
(Sorry your skillz lack bro~ :( )

TheOneHero
Jan 5, 2009, 01:27 PM
I think some people need to reread the rant. >_>;

This is precisely why I don't play games with random people. If I get a rare mission I check who's online, or jump on MSN/AIM to see if someone can come on.

I may not get a full party, but I still get EXP and meseta.

thunder-ray
Jan 5, 2009, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I used a Baranz Launcher, so I had to stand back to do the most damage. By the time I got close, most of the red boxes were gone.I did the same thing T_T

SabZero
Jan 5, 2009, 02:02 PM
Tell me about it. Most people treat whole PSU as a race.

Man, I'm here to relax, play some, have fun, have time to type something, you know?

I have two entries in my blacklist, people who have disregarded my repeated request for not rushing into spawns (the type that always stops a little ahead of everyone else, causing the spawn), and splitting up (because it's faster - I didn't know you had to be somewhere, could've said so (sarcasm)).

Cracka_J
Jan 5, 2009, 02:48 PM
FM can pretty simply tag if you have a DS equipped with tornado dance.
In fact, you should be the first one in your party tagging if you're playing FM due to tornado dance always putting them ahead of the pack.

I mean, if you really wanna be a douche about it, use tdance on the mobs and scatter everything so it takes them more time to gun them down :) Just a suggestion though, cause everyone should be able to get full tags in...FM is probably the least exception for this.

Noblewine
Jan 5, 2009, 02:59 PM
The first time I got it everyone raced through the mission. In the end everyone got a rare; the sad thing was I was on my WT and I didn't get a chance to tag anything. I wasn't really in the mood to advance a level. the second time I was with friends but they had some ground rules that I had to follow. I seemed to be asking alot of question to be cautious but it was fun in the end because I managed to tag some monsters.

Kylie
Jan 5, 2009, 03:38 PM
I think people should meet each other halfway. It's easier to blame the people that are moving too quickly, but there are some people that talk too much or whatever and slow the party down. Those people should expect to lose out on experience. Then again, people really are losing out on experience most of the time because people are going too fast.

Nai_Calus
Jan 5, 2009, 07:47 PM
Ugh I always fucking hated that. I'd be the only person in the sodding party who WASN'T capped, we'd get rare, and I'd get to tag maybe half the shit before it died, if that. And that was using a crossbow, which is neither slow, concentrated nor particularly short-range. So annoying.

SStrikerR
Jan 5, 2009, 09:55 PM
Ugh, I've only gotten the shaft and the fissure once each, and I hated both of them. For one, I've never gotten any of the good drops there. Second, I couldn't even attempt to melee anything, I had to swap out for my MG just to be able to tag HALF the monsters in there. That mission sucked >_>.

All my friends quit, so it's either randoms or soloing for me. I'm soooo going solo next time.

stukasa
Jan 6, 2009, 04:34 PM
Maybe the reason people race in rare missions is *because* they know stuff dies so fast, so everyone is trying to tag as quickly as possible. When everyone does that, it turns the whole mission into a race. When I play rare missions I only do it with people I know, and I try to use weak attacks so others have a chance to tag the enemies too.

Powder Keg
Jan 6, 2009, 06:33 PM
That bothered me once when I wasn't at the level cap. I never use enemy weakness since that have such horrible HP. In fact I think I made a topic a long time ago when forest came out asking everyone if they thought it was too easy, even for a reward/bonus mission. I always wait for the party if I'm ahead if they're not already at the cap.

lainofthewired
Jan 6, 2009, 07:43 PM
Hate this about that mission too. I wish everyone could be a little nicer and let others in on the exp. points.

Rust
Jan 7, 2009, 01:59 PM
Every time I got it ('cept the two I wasn't the leader), I almost always called out on the same people, because I knew they were reliable enough to let me tag stuff. Since I didn't care about the rares, neither about the MP because I was on a capped type, I knew from the beginning it wouldn't have went well with randoms.

I already can't enjoy full parties of randoms in regular missions, my random framerate slowdowns making me unable to tag anything because other people killed everything before I could even get to the room, so I just spend the whole mission running after mute people in order to catch up. Huzzah~