PDA

View Full Version : --->SPREAD NEEDLE<---

DesuJet
Jan 6, 2009, 07:23 AM
Just in case you were living under a rock...

http://psupedia.info/Spread_Needle

Alecc
Jan 6, 2009, 07:34 AM
its gonna be rarer than red /knight. thatīs not very good at all :(

DesuJet
Jan 6, 2009, 07:40 AM
This game actually needs a rare of this magnitude. That way by the time this comes out, I won't be seeing some 100k noob running around with it! xD

DarkEliteRico
Jan 6, 2009, 07:43 AM
Oh shit, now that I've gotten rid of mine I want this one...

DarkEliteRico
Jan 6, 2009, 07:44 AM
This game actually needs a rare of this magnitude. That way by the time this comes out, I won't be seeing some 100k noob running around with it! xD

you and i both know we will, they're getting luckier then most of us these days that and a lot of the ones i'm seeing spend 24/7 on the game

Mysterious-G
Jan 6, 2009, 08:46 AM
And it is actually confirmed that it drops?
Any pics?

Alecc
Jan 6, 2009, 08:51 AM
apparently there are 2 pics at jp wiki in 2 weeks of the mission. Uber rare it seems.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 6, 2009, 08:53 AM
*points at sig*
I got it first! :P

Zorak000
Jan 6, 2009, 09:56 AM
This game cannot repel a rare of this magnitude!

Fix'd

amtalx
Jan 6, 2009, 10:07 AM
Wow. Stats on that aren't worth hunting it...at all. I'll stick with my SNGs thanks.

Ezodagrom
Jan 6, 2009, 10:39 AM
Wow. Stats on that aren't worth hunting it...at all. I'll stick with my SNGs thanks.

It's funny that the difference between spread needle and spread needle /G is bigger than the difference between shigga pakuda and shigga bines :> (at least at grind 0, and also excluding the ATA difference).
It looks like it's the best shotgun, but also the rarest one (which makes sense) ^^;.

amtalx
Jan 6, 2009, 10:55 AM
I was really looking at the higher grinds. I have an 8/8 and 9/9 SNG, so there is virtually no incentive for me to hunt one unless I can somehow manage to get the regular SN to 9 or 10 grinds. The only way I could see investing the time in searching for one is if the damage variance is slim to nil.

Golto
Jan 6, 2009, 11:43 AM
Looks like someone forgot shotguns' most important stat, PP. SN has a lot more pp than SN/G

amtalx
Jan 6, 2009, 11:51 AM
Looks like someone forgot shotguns' most important stat, PP. SN has a lot more pp than SN/G

Does PP make a mission go faster? No. Photon Charges FTW.

Even as a GM, its rare that I exhaust both of my SNGs before a mission is over.

Golto
Jan 6, 2009, 12:12 PM
Does PP make a mission go faster? No. Photon Charges FTW.

Even as a GM, its rare that I exhaust both of my SNGs before a mission is over.

Oh yeah that extra 10-15 damage per bullet really speeds up runs with monsters that have 10k+ hp.

amtalx
Jan 6, 2009, 12:24 PM
If you are chasing a SN, practicality is obviously not what you are looking for. :D The only reason I prefer ATP over PP is because there is the chance that additional ATP can kill an enemy in two shots as opposed to three, particularly if its a scenario where a shotgun is doing ~5k against an enemy with ~10k. PP, however, will never make anything faster...ever.

Calsetes
Jan 6, 2009, 12:32 PM
PP makes a cheap SOB happy.

Plus, with these things actually dropping and not being an event gift to a fraction of a fraction, they'll still be worth it.

Ezodagrom
Jan 6, 2009, 12:37 PM
Well, the spread needle at grind 6 has the same ATP as the spread needle /G at grind 8, plus more PP and more ATA.
At grind 9 it has almost the same ATP as the /G version at grind 10 (again with alot more PP).
At grind 10...no idea :x

Even though the spread needle growth per grind is lower than the /G version, in the end it'll have more ATP, PP and ATA in the same grind as the /G version (unless between 9 and 10 it only gets like 4 ATP, which would be weird xD).

BTW I'm not saying that the Spread Needle /G is bad (it's still the 2nd best shotgun), just saying that the Spread Needle is better in all stats and might be worth hunting for those that want to kill monsters faster (even though they already die fast enough with something like a shigga desta ^^;).

amtalx
Jan 6, 2009, 12:41 PM
I'm sure the 10/10 stats are going to be very sexy, but I don't have the guts to grind that to 10, haha.

Atomic646
Jan 6, 2009, 03:31 PM
*points at sig*
I got it first! :P

How much do those go for now Lol

Kazemi
Jan 6, 2009, 11:45 PM
character ATP means alot more than the weapon's ATP when it comes to shots so PP matters the most here since ATP adds so little overall. SN/G also has a very large variance on ATP (though its anyone's guess if the normal one is like that).

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 7, 2009, 12:41 AM
Iunno how much they go for, not enough people are advertising them for trade so it's hard to put a value on it.

And the problem with the latest weapon additions is the stat gain, extremely rare but only add an extra 4-10 ATP at grind 10? What's the point...

Arika
Jan 7, 2009, 03:32 AM
At least, it is good they made them extremely rare, because people who got G version would be pissed if they make it drop like junks.

Xaeris
Jan 7, 2009, 03:54 AM
Actually, I really wouldn't care. I mean, sure, the C spam was exhausting, but if it means someone who didn't have the luxury of so much free time can obtain a PSO relic without parting with a stack of meseta, I'd be all for making them drop like Chainsawds. 'Course, I gave my /G away for free, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

DesuJet
Jan 7, 2009, 05:44 AM
LOL!

Considering how rare the Spread Needle is, I bet you'd end up doing more Hive runs for the rare mission than you would if you would've done C runs in MAG. And does the Spread Needle's shoot like the /G?

mAsTeR OuTi
Jan 8, 2009, 03:05 AM
hola,

finaly....I love the PP! As a Gunmaster u need alot PP (barec for the win^^). good thing is that the value of the SNg will go down^^

so long...

OuTi

DesuJet
Jan 8, 2009, 05:50 AM
Nice way to go off-topic...