PDA

View Full Version : 30 minute downtime for PC/PS2 Jan. 7

EspioKaos
Jan 6, 2009, 04:01 PM
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=95731

The PC/PS2 servers will be down early tomorrow morning for approximately 30 minutes while the billing and authentication servers undergo maintenance. Maintenance is scheduled to begin around 12:30a.m. PST and end around 1:00a.m. PST. (8:30a.m. GMT - 9:00a.m. GMT) This maintenance period will have no effect on the Xbox 360 servers.

During this downtime, PC/PS2 players will not be able to login to the game or create new subscriptions. However, anyone already on during maintenance will be able to continue playing without interruption.

Mini Trail
Jan 6, 2009, 04:15 PM
ROLLBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragwind
Jan 6, 2009, 04:19 PM
30 minutes? That seems pretty short. (hopefully this flip of the switch doesn't cause any problems again)

Powder Keg
Jan 6, 2009, 05:35 PM
At least they're doing maintenance on the billing servers. Since they are separate, this could mean the regular servers don't even have to go down, right?

stukasa
Jan 6, 2009, 07:08 PM
I'll be sleeping at that time anyway. :sleep:

lainofthewired
Jan 6, 2009, 07:26 PM
Most people will be a sleep during this downtime, and I don't think there will be a rollback seeing how this does not effect the game servers.

EspioKaos
Jan 6, 2009, 07:48 PM
At least they're doing maintenance on the billing servers. Since they are separate, this could mean the regular servers don't even have to go down, right?

Right. The game servers will still be up and running the entire time. However, if you try to log in during the maintenance, you won't get anywhere since the authentication servers will be down.

Kylie
Jan 6, 2009, 07:55 PM
I won't be around then, but let's hope they don't run into problems that require a ROLLBACK.

gratefulgriz
Jan 7, 2009, 09:11 PM
im logging in now. checks maintenance time, cheerz! glad i missed it! /closes door to thread