PDA

View Full Version : You know what Street Fighter is missing

W0LB0T
Jan 7, 2009, 09:51 AM
The abliliy to fight using actual streets.
Game developers have no orignality.

Dhylec
Jan 7, 2009, 11:08 AM
mabbe elsewhere, but not on nyc streetz ;o

Saner
Jan 7, 2009, 07:57 PM
the China stage took place in the streets. :p

but I'm mad the videogame history has yet to deliver a professional fighting simulator,
maybe focused on karate or taekwondo (ITF not WTF) style matches, you know, what
Karate Champ introduced but no fighting game to date has evolved (well Bushido Blade,
but that's a weapon based fighting game, different category.)

everyone else just copied
off of Yie Ar Kung Fu, and Street Fighter afterwards. energy bars, exaggerated combos,
air juggles, I'm sick of that. but I'm not interesting in UFC-type games either.

Tobal games came somewhat close but it still was plagued by the whole energy bar and some air juggles nonsense, and while Tobal 2 was better overall, it was ruined because of the fireballs/projectile abilities.

I would like to see a tournament based fighting game that's realistic, but still full contact,
and a new innovative endurance system, and a 10 count system similiar to Punch-Out and
boxing games, to give players a change to get up if their endurance and adrenaline can
help them back on their feet. oh yeah and character creation. maybe a belt-rank system,
and maybe team tournaments like in the movie: Best of the Best. now that would be really cool if done right. I'd rather play that instead of another Street Fighter/clone. :p

and where are the professional Gymnastics sports simulator games??? all we got was that stupid minigame in the Beijing Olympics videogame, and that was it. guess the sports dev experts wouldn't wanna try to make something deep and involving other than football, soccer, baseball and basketball.

the fighting game genre has been misguided to what is and what isn't a fighting game.
and street fighter is partially to blame.

Shadowpawn
Jan 7, 2009, 08:07 PM
At first I was confused about Street Fighter. I mean, I played it thinking I was going to pummel the road into next Tuesday, but that never happened.

Tact
Jan 7, 2009, 08:09 PM
As long as I get to play as Pennsylvania Avenue or Downing Street, I'll be fine.

W0LB0T
Jan 8, 2009, 03:38 AM
I'm not quite sure Saner understood what I'm on about.

Tact
Jan 8, 2009, 06:00 AM
Yeah...W0L wasn't being serious in the least bit about this.

VanHalen
Jan 8, 2009, 06:43 AM
42nd street vs 5th avenue. Fund it.

W0LB0T
Jan 8, 2009, 08:56 AM
My money is on Hindley st. Vs O'connel st.

Shoddy nightclubs and stripjoints vs upmarket Cafe's.
GO GO GO GOOOOOGGGG!!!