PDA

View Full Version : I'm having trouble getting loot off Rappies

Kanosai
Jan 8, 2009, 08:49 AM
They zoom off so fast that it's really akward to hit them to actually get loot from them. Anyone got any tips to help get the loot?

Ultie
Jan 8, 2009, 10:03 AM
monsters don't drop items. problem solved.

now if your wanting to hit them again for the extra exp. just cast zonde on them.

Kanosai
Jan 8, 2009, 10:42 AM
I thought I remembered reading that you had to hit them as they ran away to get 'drops' that counted for them. I'm a HUcast so no zonde either, seemingly everything is too slow to react to be able to hit them on time.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 11:03 AM
The chest always appears regardless of if you hit any of the Rappies a second time, you might just get 3 Photon Drops but thats just the luck of getting good rares, hitting them twice wont help there. If you do want to try and hit them for the exp, then find a weapon with a good PA that you can charge ready for when they get up, I havent really experimented but theres bound to be some melee PA thats perfect for the job.

Shiroyu
Jan 8, 2009, 01:39 PM
Every time rappies appeared and I didn't hit them, I always got 3 PDs. Every time rappies appeared and I did hit them, I got at least one rappy heart.

That might be saying something.

Callous
Jan 8, 2009, 02:40 PM
I usually use twin guns, aim well and fire away the split-second it starts to move. That usually does the trick. Hitting them or not doesn't seem to vary what I get. It's mostly 3 photon drops with the odd heart here and there.

Now Boomas. Those I've never gotten anything but photon drops from.

Akaimizu
Jan 8, 2009, 02:43 PM
Me, I've only gotten photon drops from either of them. However, I can't really say I've seen them too many times, either. I do see them, but I think I need more sightings before I can be of any kind of judge for what frequency the hearts will drop.

Callous
Jan 8, 2009, 02:49 PM
I've met rappies approximately 8 times. I have 3 hearts.

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 03:37 PM
i would say if you hit them before they run off, there is a chance the box will give you something rare. i did it while in the eternal tower and i got a attachment that lessens your PP usage by 20%. its a LV3 item btw

pretty nice