PDA

View Full Version : Jeez, why is this game so hard to find?

Chimeria
Jan 8, 2009, 09:04 AM
Well people...I finally found an official Xbox wireless router but now my other problem is that I can't find the game. I tried Gamestop, GameCrazy, Circuit City and Wal-Mart but none of the stores in my area had it. Is this game rare now or something? When did this happen.

I was thinking of ordering it but a brand new one on amazon is 59.99. Ebay even the complete game (case, manual, etc) for like 39.99. For an almost 3-year old game, why is still high-priced? wtf?

MooCowPirate
Jan 8, 2009, 09:10 AM
That's how the makers of gaming systems get their ass out of the hole. The software. They take the hit on the system itself, and you're left face down and ass up buying up the software. That's just the way it is :/

gratefulgriz
Jan 8, 2009, 10:00 AM
dont ask us ask sega

Chaos320
Jan 8, 2009, 11:01 AM
Have you tried Gamestop's website? www.gamestop.com. They might have it on there but im not sure. Being at work on a 15 min break i really cant look right now xD

ashley50
Jan 8, 2009, 12:01 PM
you found it online and you're saying its hard to find? >_>;;

ThEoRy
Jan 8, 2009, 12:22 PM
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000G0JD9I/sr=8-1/qid=1231435309/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&coliid=&me=&qid=1231435309&sr=8-1&seller=&colid=&condition=used

13$ used or 29$ new

Broodstar1337
Jan 8, 2009, 02:37 PM
Sega realized no one's bending over backwards for them anymore and they stopped printing the game.

Dragwind
Jan 8, 2009, 02:57 PM
It seems like limited copies were produced for the US. Your best bet is probably ordering it online.

garjian
Jan 8, 2009, 03:03 PM
theres loads round here... why not move to bradford?

Lady Kuja
Jan 8, 2009, 03:28 PM
I had the same problem when I needed to order the PS2 expansion.
Nowhere had it. Had to get it on amazon.

sephiroth115
Jan 8, 2009, 08:56 PM
I'm in Ohio and I found mine at Gamestop for 20

gratefulgriz
Jan 8, 2009, 09:01 PM
i think if you want it for the xbox 360 you can download it off of their dashboard, im not sure about this cause i dont play xbox i play pc

San Anto
Jan 8, 2009, 09:04 PM
just got pc version for £6 so about $10

pikachief
Jan 8, 2009, 09:18 PM
i think if you want it for the xbox 360 you can download it off of their dashboard, im not sure about this cause i dont play xbox i play pc

thats for the expansion only :( u still need to buy the full game ._.

gratefulgriz
Jan 8, 2009, 10:07 PM
thanks for clarifying

DesuJet
Jan 8, 2009, 11:03 PM
The game fucking sucks, that's why it's so hard to find. Once people's copies start breaking down then Sega's up a shit creek.

Chimeria
Jan 8, 2009, 11:44 PM
The game fucking sucks, that's why it's so hard to find. Once people's copies start breaking down then Sega's up a shit creek.

O_o It's not that bad. Sure it can be difficult earning meseta and finding a decent party but it's still quite fun.

you found it online and you're saying its hard to find? >_>;;
I meant hard to find in stores. A while back I remember a few stores in my area carrying the game now every store I go to is sold out and online stores like ebay and amazon are over-pricing a 3-year old game.

I had to go to the Gamestop website and buy it from there...16.89 with my discount card. It came out to be $26 bucks with 1-day shipping :/

The Praetor
Jan 8, 2009, 11:46 PM
I found a new copy on eBaY for $19.99 plus shipping =D

Chimeria
Jan 8, 2009, 11:49 PM
WHHHHHHHAAAAAAT?!
When did this happen? Man...whatever, I've already got the game on it's way here anyway.

Sinue_v2
Jan 9, 2009, 02:21 AM
Play the PC version.

Download the torrent.

If you feel bad, send $50 to them later. I normally don't endorse piracy, but the game isn't being sold new anymore IIRC, and I'm sure Sega would rather you find a means of getting the game and paying them a monthly fee than to pay someone else to play their games which are available in stores.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 9, 2009, 06:12 AM
Thought they stopped production for the game about a year ago. Most copies are left overs or are used, best bet is to find online. Out of 5 local game shops I've only found 2 copies for sale

DarkEliteRico
Jan 9, 2009, 06:19 AM
Play the PC version.

Download the torrent.

If you feel bad, send $50 to them later. I normally don't endorse piracy, but the game isn't being sold new anymore IIRC, and I'm sure Sega would rather you find a means of getting the game and paying them a monthly fee than to pay someone else to play their games which are available in stores.

Floating around here are the official downloads for the client for PSU and AotI, yeah it seems like SEGA is just trying to get people to pay for memberships vs. the actual game now

Chimeria
Jan 9, 2009, 06:18 PM
LOL! This game isn't hard. I have over stack, a great Gunmaster palette (I'm 150/20 Gunmaster, btw), and I have 19 people on my card list that I can run with if I feel like. I'm not gonna run with anyone any time soon because I'm hunting a Milla, something you probably don't know what the hell is.

Wow aren't you cool...And i actually do know what a Milla is. I was a PSO player since it was released on the dreamcast. Good luck with that.

BFGfreak
Jan 9, 2009, 09:39 PM
My wal-mart has tons of copies, I guess it's just distribution.

Gibdozer
Jan 10, 2009, 05:20 PM
umm... ebay, but dont scuff it at all, Im on my third copy! cheap manufacturing or my own carelessness?

Xefi
Jan 11, 2009, 01:55 AM
i happen to stop by Fryz Electronic in Cali and
saw tons of copies of PSU for ps2 ($29.99) and
PC (forgot the price). Too bad i didn't need one...
just a heads up for anyone that still wants a copy.

RemiusTA
Jan 11, 2009, 05:21 PM
Why is this game so hard to find?

Because it sucks.

...no, like, seriously. Its an MMORPG that nobody has, buys, or knows about, Its 3 years in the hole already and was never advertised, Its P2P, PSO wasnt that widely popular yet PSO fans are the only ones who know of it, A 4th of those are the only people who still care for it, and to top it off, both IGN AND Gamestop gave it shitpoor ratings.

This game sucks. Its quite obvious SoJ didnt give 2 shits about the games success over here when it was released, because they didn't even try to make us care about it.

Brainwrecked
Jan 12, 2009, 12:48 AM
Because it sucks.

Let's not throw the baby out with the bath water. The game play concept is definitely unique and arguably great. It's the execution that has completely sucked. Online RPG's live and die by the service they get from the parent company. Drip-fed content, rollbacks, and hack-ish patches for bugs and exploits do not make for great service.

...was never advertised...
...SoJ didnt give 2 shits about the games success over here...

Quite true.

TL;DR content follows

[SPOILER-BOX]When Sega gets their act together and releases some new content (and maybe sans rollback this time?) I'll be back. I suspended in November and I have a whopping 1 online mission, 1 story mission, and some S2s of previous missions (which doesn't count in my book as new content) to look forward to upon my return so far. Big whoop.[/SPOILER-BOX]