PDA

View Full Version : Vending Machine Code Thread

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 12:18 PM
Here are all the codes for the underground Vending Machine that are currently known, listed in order of release with the origin of the code included. Enjoy the free weapons and items, theres even a quick guide if you have no idea what to do with these codes!
If you dont want to use codes that have not been officially released by Sega then dont use codes that say "Unknown origin" the codes are correct and work, its just unknown if there are any negative effects after using them.

Quick Guide:
To use the Vending Machine you must be in Story Mode and need to have cleared the first 3 Main Story missions. Now when you go to the far south of town you can inspect the manhole cover and go into the sewers, down there is the vending machine, interact with it and enter the code listed to receive the item. The game is automatically saved after you enter the code and you can only enter each code once per GAME (so you cant enter it 3 times using all your characters). Photon Artes and Elements (if any) will always be the same, % Efficieny will vary.

Officially released codes:

Preorder reward cards
Scallion - Wand - 8331-7716
Gun Sword: Blade Cannon - Gunslash - 3489-9723
Valiant - Claw - 5247-3115
Selvaria's Lance - Spear - 4137-5476

V Jump Guidebook
V Jump Shield - Shield - 4841-9476

PS Zero Christmas Party
Caduceus Wand - Rod - 8741-4615

Jan 9th Famitsu
Famitsu - Wand - 5397-8287
Selvaria's Shield - Shield - 9425-3366
Power Beam - Handgun - 6337-6325
Boom Bazooka - Cannon - 4624-5828

Jan 21st Dengeki DS & Wii
Dengeki DS - Wand - 4898-1642

Jan 21st Nintendo Dream
Nintendo Dream - Wand - 2893-1983

Jan 23rd Famitsu
Hylia Shield - Shield - 3486-1881
Dokkan bazooka - Cannon - 8841-3383
5x Heart of Lassi - Mag evolution item - 1795-6762
5x Heart of Toppi - Mag evolution item - 1914-9256

Jan 30th Gemaga
Gemaga - Wand - 8353-1552

Feb 4th Shonen Rival
Testarossa - Saber - 5848-4768

March V Jump
V Jump Slicer - Slicer - 7772-2919

Unofficially released codes:

Unknown Origin
5x Heart of Puyo - Mag evolution item - 7762-1268

Aqualic-EX
Jan 8, 2009, 01:08 PM
Hm, seems you beat me to it Sodandy! :D I was thinking of adding all those codes to the updated ''rare database'' upcoming monday, but it seems it won't be needed then! ;)

Lyrise
Jan 8, 2009, 01:25 PM
The Testarossa code was actually on Sega's Blazer Drive page for a short time, if anyone wants to know.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 01:30 PM
Well you'll be adding the weapons to the database anyway as they are rare, you could put the codes in the database too. :)
I just thought that we needed an easy way to help people who dont know about these weapons, or even about the vending machine, to get some nice weapons. Especially seeing as some of these weapon are really powerful o_o, Samus' Power Beam is the best Handgun I have!

Shiroyu
Jan 8, 2009, 02:03 PM
I'm sad that the Boom Bazooka is so weak though. :(

I mean, it's a freakin' warp pipe! Complete with SFX!

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 02:33 PM
Yeah but it does grind upto about +70 I think and it was something I could finally use all my Monogrinders on!

(btw in the US version I hope they translate it as Pipe Bomb) xD

Nowhere
Jan 8, 2009, 03:30 PM
So I haven't tried most of these. Are they ridiculously powerful? I used the gunslash one for a bit, but it felt too far ahead of the curve for a long time.

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 03:39 PM
Nowhere, these weapons are just weapons that look cool. they cant really be used for serious fighting kuz they are weak in strength.

anyways, damn new codes to start off the new year? wow.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 03:51 PM
Nowhere, these weapons are just weapons that look cool. they cant really be used for serious fighting kuz they are weak in strength.

Actually it varies, some weapons are quite powerful: The GunSword is the most powerful gunblade you get for a while and the new Powerbeam, like I said, is a REALLY powerful handgun. Plus theres the fact that any class can use them, so while they may not be the most powerful, they could be the only type of that weapon you can use.

Nowhere
Jan 8, 2009, 05:34 PM
Okay, cool. I was afraid they were all over the top. It took me a while to find anything comparable to the blade cannon. I don't mind finding something that awesome, but if the codes were all like that I'd just skip 'em entirely.

Mike
Jan 8, 2009, 06:32 PM
I would have called Blade Driver sword the Testarossa and are you sure it was released? The wiki stills lists it as unidentified and there's no sign of it the Blade Driver website.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 06:59 PM
I would have called Blade Driver sword the Testarossa and are you sure it was released? The wiki stills lists it as unidentified and there's no sign of it the Blade Driver website.

Yeah I was just copy pasting, didint know its official name, I do know its Blazer Drive though. :P
Its a code, it works, how would anyone know it unless it had been released?
I wouldnt worry about issues like that. This is just a topic for codes for the vending machine. :)

StamiStar
Jan 8, 2009, 08:02 PM
Boom Bazooka uses a familiar sound we all know and loved(?), Power Gun are for those 'bounty hunter-in-a-ball' fans, and Famitsu wand is BIG! D= All are so good, I don't know which weapon to give to my characters.

All to say for now.

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 8, 2009, 11:08 PM
Wow, I was wondering when someone would make this thread. Couldn't find the one that had the codes before. Wanted to know if more codes were out! Thanks!

I love the Caduceus! Haven't found anything better than it yet. I'm lvl 35 now, and have it grinded to the max. Love the design cuz it reminds me of Urd's angel in "Ah! Megami-sama!" Is the wep a reference to another game or something? And where does the name come from? Any mythological reference there?

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 11:14 PM
some weapons came from other games/anime. when i heard of the Caduceus staff, it reminded me of the Caduceus hospital from trauma center lol

Shiroyu
Jan 9, 2009, 12:13 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

Also, the Japanese version of Trauma Center is actually called Caduceus.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 9, 2009, 09:26 AM
Cadeceus was in PSO and returned for PS Portable, however the Cadeceus in this game seems to depart from the regular golden coloured Cadeceus, its Dark and Light style appears to have been taken from from the game Shining Tears, see the picture in the wiki link. This new Cadeceus does looks pretty sweet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shining_Tears_X_Wind

XIIBlades
Jan 9, 2009, 06:31 PM
random question: the photon arts on these weapons are pre-determined right? as in, it wouldn't be possible to reset your game to get a different PA would it?

Amherst_Wind
Jan 9, 2009, 06:53 PM
random question: the photon arts on these weapons are pre-determined right? as in, it wouldn't be possible to reset your game to get a different PA would it?

Yeah the PAs are pre-determined, the only thing that can be different are the creature % efficiency. However as soon as you enter the code and click ok, the game saves making a reset impossible anyway.

Shiroyu
Jan 9, 2009, 08:50 PM
Apparently someone went snooping through the coding and discovered the other things that can be obtained with the vending machine:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/koby_akid/archives/51573261.html

Hylia Shield (Zelda)
Dokkan Bazooka (Mario? It's right under the Dokan Bazooka, which is the warp pipe)
Gemaga (Magazine)
Nintendo Dream (Magazine)
V Jump Slicer (Magazine)
Dengeki DS (Magazine)
Heart of Puyo (Puyo Puyo) x5
Heart of Lassi (Shining Wind) x5
Heart of Toppi (Sands of Destruction) x5

Everything else are stuff that have been revealed. Kinda makes you wonder what magazines are gonna be in the US version... Nintendo Power and the Official Nintendo Magazine are shoe-ins.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 9, 2009, 08:56 PM
Everything else are stuff that have been revealed. Kinda makes you wonder what magazines are gonna be in the US version... Nintendo Power and the Official Nintendo Magazine are shoe-ins.

EGM maybe, oh wait...

nevermind... :(

Mike
Jan 9, 2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah I was just copy pasting, didint know its official name, I do know its Blazer Drive though. :P
Its a code, it works, how would anyone know it unless it had been released?
I wouldnt worry about issues like that. This is just a topic for codes for the vending machine. :)

I didn't mean not cutting it and pasting it here because it's morally wrong or something, I just meant that listing it as coming from the Blaze Driver website is wrong because we don't actually know where it's from.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 9, 2009, 09:53 PM
Well I put 'Unknown Origin' until Lyrise posted saying it was on the Blazer Drive website for a short time. Seems like if it came from anywhere, it came from that website. I'll put a ? next to it.

XIIBlades
Jan 10, 2009, 07:42 AM
Apparently someone went snooping through the coding and discovered the other things that can be obtained with the vending machine:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/koby_akid/archives/51573261.html

Hylia Shield (Zelda)
Dokkan Bazooka (Mario? It's right under the Dokan Bazooka, which is the warp pipe)
Gemaga (Magazine)
Nintendo Dream (Magazine)
V Jump Slicer (Magazine)
Dengeki DS (Magazine)
Heart of Puyo (Puyo Puyo) x5
Heart of Lassi (Shining Wind) x5
Heart of Toppi (Sands of Destruction) x5

are the codes for these items out yet? or are they still un-released? also, thank you for answering my earlier question.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 10, 2009, 01:50 PM
Those codes havent been released yet, thats just someone doing a bit of data mining in the rom. Judging by how many codes we already have and the game only being out for roughly two weeks, I doubt it will be long before we have them all. :)

Aumi
Jan 11, 2009, 01:30 PM
So... I accidentally fed my Power Beam to my mag, and it seems I can't get it anymore. It would naturally be no problem to restart the game without saving if I just weren't on the 50th floor of the Eternal Tower.

So, does anybody know if it's possible to get the gun again on another character or on the same character in some way?

xSHiNOx
Jan 11, 2009, 02:02 PM
the vending machine codes are 1 time use codes. if you sold it, feed it to mag, traded it, or dropped it, YOU ARE SCREWED.

the only way to get another one is to trade someone or you can reset the cartridge but why would you when you got so far?

Aumi
Jan 11, 2009, 02:11 PM
the vending machine codes are 1 time use codes. if you sold it, feed it to mag, traded it, or dropped it, YOU ARE SCREWED.

the only way to get another one is to trade someone or you can reset the cartridge but why would you when you got so far?

Are you sure I can't use the code on another character? The weapon is so awesome. But if it's not possible I'll just leave the game without saving. I'll only lose progress until the last time I saved, which was just before the tower, and then I'll have it again.

Well, depends on if someone here would be willing to trade their Power Beam. Anyone willing to?

Ultie
Jan 11, 2009, 02:21 PM
it save's when you receive your item, so no reseting to reget items or to try and get good %'s

xSHiNOx
Jan 11, 2009, 02:25 PM
like i said. the codes are 1 time use. doesnt matter if you use it on character slot 1 or character slot 2. one time use per cartridge and it saves after inputting a code. if you want another you're going to have to trade someone.

thats why these weapons are unique. they shouldnt be sold or fed.

Aumi
Jan 11, 2009, 02:38 PM
like i said. the codes are 1 time use. doesnt matter if you use it on character slot 1 or character slot 2. one time use per cartridge and it saves after inputting a code. if you want another you're going to have to trade someone.

thats why these weapons are unique. they shouldnt be sold or fed.

No, I mean, if I leave the game now, without saving, it should go back to before I fed it. Isn't that right?

Frokko
Jan 11, 2009, 02:43 PM
that is right.

Aumi
Jan 11, 2009, 02:45 PM
Oh well, guess I gotta do that then. Only annoys me that I'll lose anything I found in the tower... At least I didn't find any awesome weapons...

EDIT: Wait, now that I think about it, doesn't it, every time you put something into the common box, save? That'd mean that I'll at least keep the things that I found up until I did that the last time, which was, IIRC shortly before I lost the Power Beam.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 14, 2009, 11:10 AM
Updated with two new codes!
Each code gets you 5 Mag Heart items to get the crossover Mags from Shining Wind and World Destruction/Sands of Destruction.

BBonez
Jan 14, 2009, 12:39 PM
Thanks, now I don't have to stare at my ugly mag if anything xD

Amherst_Wind
Jan 14, 2009, 05:59 PM
Ah looks like the hackers finally found the codes. I dont feel they should be held back from people for any reason, I'll post them and let you guys decide if you want to use them or not...

Anyway, they've all been added.

xSHiNOx
Jan 14, 2009, 06:07 PM
what codes? you mean the rest of the vending machine codes?

Amherst_Wind
Jan 14, 2009, 06:16 PM
what codes? you mean the rest of the vending machine codes?

Yeah, every item that was found to be inside the vending machine (by some guy looking through the rom) now has a code.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 14, 2009, 06:16 PM
Anyway, they've all been added.
Many thanks! I might actually use a shield now
Also I finally get my Puyo mag. Almost as good as an Opa-Opa... almost

xSHiNOx
Jan 14, 2009, 06:24 PM
hylian shield!
more magazine wands!

lol. if you dont post it, someone eventually will.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 14, 2009, 06:26 PM
hylian shield!
more magazine wands!

lol. if you dont post it, someone eventually will.

Exactly!

and at least Shiroyu can be happy theres a powerful warp pipe bazooka now! :D

Mike
Jan 14, 2009, 07:48 PM
It was bound to happen. I wonder if that's really everything or not though.

Reginaldo
Jan 14, 2009, 07:59 PM
That can't possibly be every code..

Amherst_Wind
Jan 14, 2009, 08:12 PM
Who knows, there could be codes for items that arent unique to the vending machine?

Mike
Jan 14, 2009, 08:20 PM
There's information on the wiki that you can get sealed swords through the vending machine but I think that's just hearsay.

TehWavy
Jan 14, 2009, 10:28 PM
Hmm, weird. I'm now at 100% of Wands and Mags, yet I know I'm missing at least 2 Wands and the Ladame mag.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 15, 2009, 09:07 AM
Hmm, weird. I'm now at 100% of Wands and Mags, yet I know I'm missing at least 2 Wands and the Ladame mag.

Well if the weapon list in PS Zero is anything like the weapon list in PS Portable then the totals are usually over 100%. Yeah, it doesnt make sense... ¬_¬

Reginaldo
Jan 15, 2009, 09:14 AM
It probably doesn't count whatever Sega considers to be "secret" items.

Aqualic-EX
Jan 17, 2009, 09:09 AM
Well if the weapon list in PS Zero is anything like the weapon list in PS Portable then the totals are usually over 100%. Yeah, it doesnt make sense... ¬_¬

Having a complete list of everything (weapons, mags, etc) will result in having 102% completion :)

GeoSword
Jan 29, 2009, 08:58 AM
I agree. It seems like the completion rate goes above 100%. I have not completed anything yet, but as far as PSP is concerned some of them have gone up to 120% last I checked.

_Vyser_
Jan 29, 2009, 12:35 PM
...What's the point of having a completion percentage if it goes beyond 100%?

Amherst_Wind
Jan 29, 2009, 01:53 PM
Blame the business people and sports players who always say "Give it 110% out there!"
% going over 100 seems acceptable everywhere now...

SammaeltheDark
Jan 29, 2009, 02:23 PM
Blame the business people and sports players who always say "Give it 110% out there!"
% going over 100 seems acceptable everywhere now...

Going over 100% has been around since Donkey Kong Country for the SNES and is just as stupid today as it was back then

Genoa
Feb 12, 2009, 05:23 AM
that Gunsword is extremely useful for my FOmarl. Awesome codes :)