PDA

View Full Version : What determines rare drops?

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 04:35 PM
since some of us here are playing on flash carts or the retail cart, i want to know if its possible to trick the game or whatever you want to call it. here is what im thinking. someone with the cyclo ds flash cart should make a save state before the floor 101 boss then beat it and see if you get any 7* weapons/armors.

if not, reload the save state and try again. you think that will work or will it be like snes emulators/roms where everything is determined when using save states?

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 04:46 PM
I'm sure as long as you made a save state before you entered the top floor then you'd always get different things. I imagine rares from the box are decided either when the box appears, or the instant you break it open.

xSHiNOx
Jan 8, 2009, 04:51 PM
if i had a cyclo ds, i would try it but sadly i do not. someone should try it though. you know what im talking about with the snes emulator/roms right? when you use save states, everything is determined already. like in rpgs, if you take 1 step forward, you will go into random battle. you will always go into that battle with the 1 step regardless if you made a save state or not. this doesnt seem to be true with newer generation of games (ds, gba, etc.)

Amherst_Wind
Jan 8, 2009, 04:54 PM
Yeah I know the thing you mean, I dont think its used in PS Zero. It'd be easy to find out but I dont have a flash cart that can make save states either...

xSHiNOx
Jan 12, 2009, 02:35 AM
i asked on gamefaqs and a cyclo ds owner says this method works. he says the items are set once you enter the area.