PDA

View Full Version : Coming to the US -- confirmed.

Shiroyu
Jan 9, 2009, 04:10 AM
The latest Nintendo Power revealed that Zero will be hitting the US shores this fall. It's also the cover title.

:D

Cover pic:
[spoiler-box]http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/0109090029.jpg[/spoiler-box]

_Vyser_
Jan 9, 2009, 04:46 AM
Cool, my friend will surely be glad to hear this. Thanks for posting this. I just hope the Japanese versions can link up with the English ones :/

TehWavy
Jan 9, 2009, 04:52 AM
I have a feeling they will, since they have those English + Japanese chat things in Free Mode.

Also: yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!

the_importer_
Jan 9, 2009, 07:04 AM
Hope they'll leave the Japanese voices as an option like they do in those shitty Sonic games.

Risingsun
Jan 9, 2009, 07:12 AM
wow, now im actually glad i subscribe to Nintendo Power.

GUN
Jan 9, 2009, 08:32 AM
The latest Nintendo Power revealed that Zero will be hitting the US shores this fall. It's also the cover title.

]

Gee, I had hoped it would be earlier than that - well, very glad I got the Japanese version now!

Frog
Jan 9, 2009, 11:30 AM
Definitely picking up this issue of NP!!!

cApNhOwDy
Jan 9, 2009, 11:30 AM
This is the news I've been waiting to hear since Blue Burst.

Vanzazikon
Jan 9, 2009, 11:56 AM
I was expecting it to be a bit earlier, but I'm glad that it really is coming to NA.

Nuclearranger
Jan 9, 2009, 12:21 PM
Didn't think it would take close to an entire year to get this thing out in NA. >.>

Well I guess I am looking forward to this but I better focus on other things otherwise I might go insane! lol

Alis-Landeel
Jan 9, 2009, 12:29 PM
THIS FALL?
FALL?!!!

FALLLL!!!!!???!!!!

Zael Kain
Jan 9, 2009, 12:36 PM
Long wait.... but at least its coming haha better than getting nothing so yay !

ZarroTsu
Jan 9, 2009, 12:40 PM
At least there are several (http://nicalis.com/blog/2009/01/07/and-hello-again/) things (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23128) to tide us over until then.

the_importer_
Jan 9, 2009, 12:53 PM

Cover pic:
[spoiler-box]http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/photos/0109090029.jpg[/spoiler-box]

BTW, I'm sure GoNintendo appreciates you mooching off their bandwidth :P

the_importer_
Jan 9, 2009, 12:55 PM
At least there are several (http://nicalis.com/blog/2009/01/07/and-hello-again/) things (http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/23128) to tide us over until then.

Or practice with the JPN version :P

Kind of funny how they announced this 3 day after I got my copy.

Linestar777
Jan 9, 2009, 12:57 PM
That's the best news I've heard all year!!! But it's kind of ironic since I just ordered the Japanese version 2 days ago... >.<

BioWarrior
Jan 9, 2009, 01:01 PM
That's the best news I've heard all year!!! But it's kind of ironic since I just ordered the Japanese version 2 days ago... >.<

Look at it this way. Instead of being limited to 3 characters you can have 6 when the English version comes out

Shiroyu
Jan 9, 2009, 01:21 PM
BTW, I'm sure GoNintendo appreciates you mooching off their bandwidth :P

Shh, it's a secret. ;)

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2009, 01:23 PM
Well, I can look at it this way. The difference in time between the US versions of PSP and PS0 won't be far off from the difference in time between the Japanese release of PSP and PS0. Easy to see that now that we're radipdly approaching PSP US.

Alis-Landeel
Jan 9, 2009, 01:26 PM
Long wait.... but at least its coming haha better than getting nothing so yay !

All PS games had come here.
I wasn' t worried on that.

This is a bad news for me.

Saphion
Jan 9, 2009, 01:35 PM
Well, thank god for that.

I'm really enjoying the JP version, but fumbling around in a language you don't understand really does put a limit on the enjoyment.

xSHiNOx
Jan 9, 2009, 01:38 PM
bet you it will come out on 9/9/09

but damn, nice that it is coming out. looks like i will rename my save file =]

Shiroyu
Jan 9, 2009, 01:42 PM
I should also point out that it's also coming out in Europe this winter.

http://www.sega.com/news/?t=EnglishUSA&n=2849

I know that it says that it's talking about the US AND EU releases, and then states that "it will be released winter 2009", but the top says that the news is intended for EU audiences, so yeah.

(This was posted on the main page, but I'm posting this here just in case if people missed it.)

LionHeart-
Jan 9, 2009, 03:47 PM
Nice can't wait for this ;o, but dam those snails always doing the post & packaging for games like this >;[.

I hope by that time its out, that the Japanese version of PS0 will have a English language set (I wish ;3)....

Risingsun
Jan 9, 2009, 03:57 PM
2 new Phantasy Star games in one year, one near the beginning and one near the end. Makes sense to me.

WBMike
Jan 9, 2009, 04:08 PM
Can't wait for name translations

Now for Sarisa, will you be Salisa, or Sarisa, or an entirely new name. Oh Sega :)

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2009, 04:16 PM
I think it would be funny (but not good) if they pulled a Card Captors or a Capcom and name her Madison. :) j/k

Then name Ogi as Kai.
Then name Kai as Rikuo.
Sarisa, now known as Sara or Lisa, will be given to some other prominent female role. :)

Then we get to have all that Capcom fun again where we have to put "US or JPN" in these "()" after each of these names so we know which character we're talking about. Because with Capcom, we love switching the name of another existing character with another character and then inventing new names for the characters we switched names from. It's great to add to the conf---er---FUN of talking about them.

"Man! That Vega is cheap with all that Psycho Crusher stuff and that godly priority!!!"
"What are you talking about?! He doesn't have the Psycho Crusher, he has claws and a mask, and loves to hit you once and then spend all day climbing the walls invulnerable to attack!!!"
"No stupid! That's Balrog!!"
"The boxer?!"

:) :)

SammaeltheDark
Jan 9, 2009, 04:47 PM
"Man! That Vega is cheap with all that Psycho Crusher stuff and that godly priority!!!"
"What are you talking about?! He doesn't have the Psycho Crusher, he has claws and a mask, and loves to hit you once and then spend all day climbing the walls invulnerable to attack!!!"
"No stupid! That's Balrog!!"
"The boxer?!"

That's why most players call them dictator, claw, boxer, and Sagat

A lot of weapons in PSZ have pretty funky names that I can't tell if they're made up or tied to some mythical/historical weapon.. I can't wait to see those localizations more than the character/place names

Shiroyu
Jan 9, 2009, 04:56 PM
They'll probably remove all the sexual stuff in the game, though. :(

Like the whore on the right in the first part of the town area thingy (In the back), the octopus vs. Sarisa, Kai groping Sarisa, etc.

Akaimizu
Jan 9, 2009, 05:14 PM
That's why most players call them dictator, claw, boxer, and Sagat

A lot of weapons in PSZ have pretty funky names that I can't tell if they're made up or tied to some mythical/historical weapon.. I can't wait to see those localizations more than the character/place names

Funny enough. I've never seen players call them by that. Even on the Shoryuken forums, I see names instead of claw, dictator, boxer, etc.

Risingsun
Jan 9, 2009, 05:33 PM
They'll probably remove all the sexual stuff in the game, though. :(

Like the whore on the right in the first part of the town area thingy (In the back), the octopus vs. Sarisa, Kai groping Sarisa, etc.

whats all this about an octopus and sarisa??? Well as long is the sexuality isnt overt or "nasty" then it shouldnt be a problem right?

Kesubei
Jan 9, 2009, 05:53 PM
Sexual elements? That's odd and intriguing. To Nico Video!

I'm glad PS0 was announced. I'm a little disappointed that it's going to take so long, but not disappointed enough that it would make me bitter. Plus, I'll have PSP to play with (NOTE: someone play with me once PSP comes out in March.)

The press release says winter... That's the worse time to release a niche title like PS0. Cant wait, though.

Shiroyu
Jan 9, 2009, 05:58 PM
During the cutscene before you fight the octopus boss, it starts to grope Sarisa or something, and you are given an option to either help her or watch her. <_<

I can't remember fully but I think she starts moaning.

Kesubei
Jan 9, 2009, 06:12 PM
O Japan. That's relatively mild, I guess. I was expecting something on the levels of D2.

Also, Shiroyu... I noticed your sig. Are you reserving characters names for the US version of PS0 already??

the_importer_
Jan 9, 2009, 06:12 PM
SOA usually leaves Japanese voices in game as an option and they're too lazy to come up with new names and censoring the game :P

Shiroyu
Jan 9, 2009, 06:58 PM
Also, Shiroyu... I noticed your sig. Are you reserving characters names for the US version of PS0 already??

Damn straight. The fact that both lines are the exact same length is pretty neat, too.

IMO, I don't really think they'll leave in the Japanese voices, since the voices aren't really used that much. Plus, it would give each char 16 voices rather than 8, which some people in Japan might complain about since we'd have more customization options. In the cinema thingies, IIRC most of them have a char only saying one line. (Don't some just have screaming, too?)

However, the male voice that says "SEAT BELT" should be in the US version no matter what.

S-T-H
Jan 9, 2009, 10:57 PM
Official PSU forum announcement: http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=95981
US press release: http://www.sega.com/news/?n=2853
Sega's cover scan: http://flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/3182702645/

Just to wrap that up as only the European press release/s was/were out earlier.

xSHiNOx
Jan 9, 2009, 11:10 PM
what is this about the whore? how is she a whore? are you talking about Ana or the robot girl that teaches you how to play?

Damn straight. The fact that both lines are the exact same length is pretty neat, too.

IMO, I don't really think they'll leave in the Japanese voices, since the voices aren't really used that much. Plus, it would give each char 15 voices rather than 8, which some people in Japan might complain about since we'd have more customization options. In the cinema thingies, IIRC most of them have a char only saying one line. (Don't some just have screaming, too?)

However, the male voice that says "SEAT BELT" should be in the US version no matter what.
were you playing the game on a flash cart or the japanese retail cart? if it was a flash cart, you can just rename your save file and you can continue your game.

PALRAPPYS
Jan 9, 2009, 11:21 PM
what is this about the "SEAT BELT?" how is it a "SEAT BELT?" are you talking about male voice (idk the #) or the male voice (idk the #) that teaches you how to say "SEAT BELT?"

Shiroyu
Jan 10, 2009, 12:12 AM
what is this about the whore? how is she a whore? are you talking about Ana or the robot girl that teaches you how to play?

were you playing the game on a flash cart or the japanese retail cart? if it was a flash cart, you can just rename your save file and you can continue your game.

Crappy phone camera gogogog! (http://i42.tinypic.com/2rxcrgz.jpg)

Retail. I'm against pirating. I decided that I didn't want to make one of each class so things would be relatively different when I get the US version.

And about "SEAT BELT", one of the male voices you can give your character sounds like the attack grunt is "SEAT" and the damage grunt is "BELT". Not sure what number for which classes, but I know that the HUcast has it. (Actually, I think it's 7 for the HUcast)

xSHiNOx
Jan 10, 2009, 01:36 AM
whoa. that girl behind that short hooded guys shop? i dont think i remember seeing her. so what makes her a whore?

Shiroyu
Jan 10, 2009, 02:11 AM
Well, she wears questionable clothing and kinda looks like a whore, and it looks like she's about to do something to the kid next to her, who is swinging his arms like he's calling for help.

It's kinda silly.

the_importer_
Jan 10, 2009, 09:43 AM

IMO, I don't really think they'll leave in the Japanese voices, since the voices aren't really used that much. Plus, it would give each char 16 voices rather than 8, which some people in Japan might complain about since we'd have more customization options. In the cinema thingies, IIRC most of them have a char only saying one line. (Don't some just have screaming, too?)

Nah, SOJ would just release PSŲ International or something featuring English voices as an option :P

Caesera
Jan 10, 2009, 02:34 PM
This is awesome, I so can not wait I'm gonna end up going to be the first at my game store when it comes out, and it better be like the start of fall when it comes out.
I'm talkin'bout vernal equinox release.
Den I'd be hittin' dat gunblade...err.....gunslash, I mean.

SubstanceD
Jan 11, 2009, 07:24 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am happy that PS0 is coming out in the the US and Europe but a Fall release date for the US and a Winter release date for Europe is a bit too far away. Why is it that a company like Square-Enix can release a games like Last Remnant and Star Ocean 4 in Japan and in the US either simultaneously or days apart and it takes Sega almost an entire year to translate a significantly smaller game.

MinscTFA
Jan 11, 2009, 08:26 AM
For the first time ever I just placed an order to import a game. This should be fun.

PepperCat
Jan 11, 2009, 10:36 AM
Don't get me wrong, I am happy that PS0 is coming out in the the US and Europe but a Fall release date for the US and a Winter release date for Europe is a bit too far away. Why is it that a company like Square-Enix can release a games like Last Remnant and Star Ocean 4 in Japan and in the US either simultaneously or days apart and it takes Sega almost an entire year to translate a significantly smaller game.

I'm sure its 80% done already, whats the holdup with SoA and SoE I wonder...

This is why DC failed outside of Japan. :(

Hozanto
Jan 11, 2009, 12:00 PM
Hm?Another fall game? hahah, by then it won't really matter, well to me...

the_importer_
Jan 11, 2009, 12:09 PM
Hm?Another fall game? hahah, by then it won't really matter, well to me...

Kind of retarded if you ask me. Summer is the time to release handheld games and systems (people carry those on vacation). Plus, releasing it during fall will just guaranty the game to be left invisible under the pile of overhyped console titles. I wonder sometimes if SEGA is doing this on purpose.

PepperCat
Jan 11, 2009, 12:42 PM
This is why SoA/SoE is good at failing.

Their marketing guys don't have a clue...

ChronoTrigga
Jan 11, 2009, 01:48 PM
Yeah I love how Sega can't even tell us when their own games are coming out and they have to wait until Nintendo tells everyone.

ShadowDragon28
Jan 12, 2009, 04:16 AM
Glad it's going to be coming out in the US, but Fall is a damn long time for it to be localized.

It doesn't make any sense why they could not have it out by June or July...

Iecur
Jan 27, 2009, 04:17 PM
Gamestop says October 1st ? Anyone else reserve it and gotten that date too ?

deso123
Jan 27, 2009, 04:20 PM
it shouldnt take a year to translate the game. they should be translating it as soon as it goes gold if not sooner. it shouldnt take more than 3 months after release. do they have 1 asian guy translating the entire game or something?

psofan219
Jan 27, 2009, 05:09 PM
Can we start pre-ordering the game now? If so, that's total bad-a** man! I just gotta get the stuff I need to be able to take my DS online, and I'll be good to go.

_Vyser_
Jan 27, 2009, 10:55 PM
Sure there's a lot of stuff in this game, but a lot of the items are in Katakana...I really don't see how translating this game will take that long. I 'spose redoing the voice acting for cut scenes might take some time, but it wasn't that often in the game. At least it will be nice to know what's actually going on in the story once it hits the US shores. Getting story from the few voiced parts can only get you so far...

Ebram
Jan 28, 2009, 08:45 PM
I wonder why it is taking so long to localize... I'm so tempted to import, but I know I'll just buy the NA version when it comes out and I'm sure you can't transfer your characters.

deso123
Jan 28, 2009, 09:39 PM
I wonder why it is taking so long to localize... I'm so tempted to import, but I know I'll just buy the NA version when it comes out and I'm sure you can't transfer your characters.

import it. dont wait a year.

omega shadow x
Jan 28, 2009, 10:11 PM
still some of us cant wait

_Vyser_
Jan 28, 2009, 11:47 PM
The game is very enjoyable without any knowledge of the story (there's a nice feature to skip dialogue in seconds for those that don't want to read any of it). The only reason I'd want to get the US version is out of curiosity of what was actually going on in the story. If I can't trade with my JP version, chances are I wont buy it. Perhaps I wont care in about a year if that's the case.

PaladinRPG
Mar 8, 2009, 10:28 PM
Been a couple years since I roamed the lands of Phantasy after the PSU let down... but PS0 looks to be a winner, bringing back the old formula in a little package. I agree the translation time is really long, though... why October? I'd think they'd want to get it out in summer to capture the biggest audience. I will resist the impulse to import before then as best I can... ^^;