PDA

View Full Version : Money Conversion

xBladeM6x
Jan 9, 2009, 03:00 PM
" I remember back in HSM days, having 100k was like a blessing."

Sound familiar?

Anyways, me being one of the people who said that I came to think about it. With the increased money drop rate from AOTI, wouldn't it just mean that we are adding another digit? Think about it...

You are seeing level 50's walk around with roughly 1mil. I was walking around with 100k typically at that level with HSM just being released. Now, look at the people will 1 Billion. Back in the day, that would have been 1 Stack. Because anything over that, was unheard of.

Anyways, the point I'm trying to make, is that the economy isn't "broken" because of the money that is in the economy from money drops, it's the inability to hold it all on a single account and trade/spend it.

With the release of the "Gold Bar" on the JP side. This would make storing money a whole lot easier. On top of the fact that they are probably trade able. This would mean if you had 99 of them, you would have 1 Billion. You could just store than in your common box. Plus, the Gold Bars will make trading money easier in terms of not seeing a missing "0" in a trade or something.

Anyways, tell me what you guys think of this. ^^;

Kylie
Jan 9, 2009, 03:08 PM
You must be from the 360 server or missed the haxeta days on PC/PS2. :wacko: But yeah, I'm pretty indifferent to the gold bar thing. I don't think anything's really worth over 99 million, so I still probably won't buy anything with that kind of price tag. Plus, the most I've had at one one time is 150 million. I just kept some of it on my alt.

xBladeM6x
Jan 9, 2009, 03:10 PM
You must be from the 360 server or missed the haxeta days on PC / PS2. :wacko:
360 servers. ^^;

garjian
Jan 9, 2009, 03:11 PM
how did that work? something about scape dolls or something?

Golto
Jan 9, 2009, 03:14 PM
I like the gold bars if they work how they should, being stackable and tradeable. No more worries about trading with someone over a 100+ mill meseta deal.

Vent
Jan 9, 2009, 03:22 PM
Gold Bars, the Photon Drop of PSU? I think so, though it might take another year before it hits us here at US/EU.

xEndrance
Jan 9, 2009, 03:23 PM
[QUOTE=
...That is, unless someone figures out how to dupe gold bars. Then we're fucked.[/QUOTE]

Lol were f*cked as it is. Seeing how 0/10 weps sell more than grinded weps. And the fact how were so behind updates that (( Saying a random weapon here )) A psycho wand goes for 30m+ for 0/10 as a 7/7 will go for 38m+ So being said if a misson comes out and you buy that 0/10 for 30m then within 1 week the weapon/bord drops more often the price range of that bord/weapon will decrease.

=/

Cracka_J
Jan 9, 2009, 03:49 PM
I think it really opens up an entirely new game.

Player shops are really just the start. People would no longer fear putting up items for trade bait/display for 99,999,999 gold bars...because frankly that money does not exist.

If anything the new gold bar system would ENCOURAGE item trade, with the help of actually being able to see what's in the market, instead of relying on message boards were someone may or may not actually have what they say they have.

If they are stackable, meseta deals become 100% more reliable if you don't know the person you are trading with. I recently did a 250 mil and item trade, but with a friend. If it was someone else other then a friend, I almost would have had to request a GM assistance. Now, that kinda eliminates that.

Also, in terms of inflation, just imagine for a second that they throw in gold bars as rare boss drops...see where this is going?

I know I'm getting way ahead of myself, but this is something long overdue that they will hopefully find more ways of incorporating into the current system. All I know is if something like gold bar drops were added, you can throw the value of meseta right out the window. That's not necessarily a bad thing though, personally I think meseta is the only thing that hasn't been devalued in PSU (hacking aside), and derves it's time in the doghouse. Item trades ftw?

Turb0
Jan 9, 2009, 03:53 PM
Player shops are really just the start. People would no longer fear putting up items for trade bait/display for 99,999,999 gold bars...because frankly that money does not exist.

I doubt you could do that, gold bars are items. You can't put an item up for 99 nanopolymers now can you?

Cracka_J
Jan 9, 2009, 04:02 PM
no, it would have to be something included in a shop update/revision.
perhaps this is prepwork for what they have planned in jp.

Chaos320
Jan 9, 2009, 04:03 PM
what if later down the line they make gold bars a synth item for something? you know like 20 gold bars and some other things to make a "golden ____"

Just a thought

Lady Kuja
Jan 10, 2009, 12:15 AM
It just seems that 100mil+ meseta trades will be easier and you can store more than 900mil on a single account.
I'm not so sure there would be an extra digit added to the max price in player shops...
While that would be cool, if they were going to do that, they would only have to add another digit onto the 99mil your character holds. Gold Bars are probably just valuable bullion until they're sold back to NPC for 10mil.
I think that our regular player shop purchases will still specifically require up to the ammount of meseta that is held on just the player, not counting Gold Bars in possesion.

Exploited
Jan 10, 2009, 12:52 AM
It just seems that 100mil+ meseta trades will be easier and you can store more than 900mil on a single account.
I'm not so sure there would be an extra digit added to the max price in player shops...
While that would be cool, if they were going to do that, they would only have to add another digit onto the 99mil your character holds. Gold Bars are probably just valuable bullion until they're sold back to NPC for 10mil.
I think that our regular player shop purchases will still specifically require up to the ammount of meseta that is held on just the player, not counting Gold Bars in possesion.

Those gold bars would sure save you $30 a month so you dont need those other 2 accounts to hold all the stolen money you took from people.

Aries2384
Jan 10, 2009, 12:21 PM
Am I the only one who sees the negative side of this? Sure, the one or two legit players who have sold enough to warrant an additional account to hold extra money need this.. BUT, what about the 100 or so players that did the damned S+10 grinder glitch or people that just bought half a million stacks of S+10's.. now they can get even richer! Thanks Sega, once again, cattering to the people who are destroying our economy and encouraging the people that Sega doesn't punish the bad people, but they DO punish the good people. Thanks again.

WhiteKnight01
Jan 11, 2009, 08:21 PM
just wait for the new money sink the 400k Brand Reactor that will take billions out of the game hopefully

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 11, 2009, 09:08 PM
The good ol haxseta days.....wow its amazing how time flies on this game.

PSU Character Information
DivineTenken"Sojiro" 150 beast FF(20)-Fg(20)-WT(20)-FM(8)
Dark Hadou "Sakura" 100 Cast FT(20)-AT(13)-WT(20)-MF(2)
BoogiePop Phantom 22 Cast Protranser 3
Hikikomori-Neet 35 beast FG(20)-GT(20)-GM(2)

Find me AFK on neudaiz bridge.

xBladeM6x
Jan 11, 2009, 11:15 PM
just wait for the new money sink the 400k Brand Reactor that will take billions out of the game hopefully
I was actually talking about this with one of my friends. o.o;

Anon_Fire
Feb 2, 2009, 08:32 PM
Actually, the grand total of Meseta you can have on a single account with 99 Gold Bars would be......

990 Million Meseta

NiceOnes
Feb 3, 2009, 02:29 PM
Anon_Fire,

Would you not be able to have:
1 stack on each char.. 99x4=396
1 stack in the common box... 396+99=495
495x10,000,000=4,950,000,000

Not to mention the old stack in a card board method:
(# of room deco spots) x 99

Not much point in doing the math there..

Correct me if I'm wrong!

BlueMan
Feb 3, 2009, 10:29 PM
Don't forget the 1 stack in each of your partner machines...

FOnewearl-Lina
Feb 3, 2009, 10:45 PM
Don't forget the stacks you can stick up in your shop for 99999999 meseta, and common box items stack, and you the stacks you can stick in gachas etc etc...