PDA

View Full Version : Any way to make Illusinary Shaft spawn?

Karazykid
Jan 9, 2009, 07:08 PM
Is there some trick to making that happen, or do you just have to get super lucky? If we run in and out of the counter will it appear that way?

Smidge204
Jan 9, 2009, 07:13 PM
It's the same as any other rare mission.

- Complete any mission on any difficulty with any rank (Except story missions)
- The longer you take to complete it, the better (up to 30 minutes)
- The more people in your party, the better (NPCs don't count)
- The better the leader's luck, the better (I think, anyway)
- Check any counter with a normal free mission

=Smidge=

Mysterious-G
Jan 9, 2009, 07:17 PM
Pshh, if you promise to tell nobody what I am going to tell you, mail me.

Dealer
Jan 9, 2009, 07:55 PM
It used to increase your chances as time increased up to 30 minutes, but they announced on the official website they changed that feature of getting the rare map. Why penalize fast teams, or C-runners who are actually looking for the map?

Smidge204
Jan 9, 2009, 08:11 PM
Why reward people who aren't working so hard?

Or at least not* pretending to work hard...
=Smidge=

*Edit for grammar

Svaltus
Jan 9, 2009, 10:16 PM
I Got Ilusionary Shaft after playing 20~30 runs in solo player!

But i think is better go for Newdaz take Phanton Fissure you have one chance take Red Knight better then junk suck things in Illusionary Shaft! :P

Sexy_Raine
Jan 10, 2009, 03:10 AM
I've gotten it multiple times soloing Seed Express A. I averaged 18 minutes a run when I did all my Gi techs to 50.

It's pure luck, so the amount of times getting it from soloing can vary. Or if your P card list is nice enough to let you get in their runs, you can get it that way too. Maybe I should charge people for joining my rare runs, j/k :P

Akaimizu
Jan 10, 2009, 04:14 AM
Well, ok. I'll give you that Red Knight is a good find. However, I can't really say Blackbulls are junk, either.

However, the friends list helps. In particular, since the highest gains from Illusionary Shaft happen when you have at least 4 players...it's usually quite a benefit to you, to try to invite enough people (once you get shaft access) so that you can deactivate the 4-switch locks.

Finalzone
Jan 10, 2009, 05:38 AM
I just logged on PSU:AoIT, went to do GBR where I got IS twice in a row on my first try without doing anything.

NDW
Jan 10, 2009, 06:06 AM
Can you also complete party missions and flag for a rare free mission?

Smidge204
Jan 10, 2009, 08:49 AM
Yes, but you have to check at a counter with a normal free mission. ie: After you've run Egg Thieves, the party leader should run outside to the flyer base and check for a rare mission.

Which rare mission gives the best drops is a matter of opinion... but IS gives the best MP by a fair margin. Not sure how EXP compares, though; need a full count of the enemy types and levels to work it out, and since there are rare spawns even inside the rare missions there's some variability there.
=Smidge=

Ryno
Jan 10, 2009, 02:19 PM
after signing off the other night i remember when i logged on i randomly recieved Phantom fissure.