PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite enemy/boss?

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 10, 2009, 01:51 AM
Just curious as to what kind of taste others have and wanted to share mine.

I personally thought Usani (in the snowfield) were great. Yeah, they're weak. But I don't think I've seen rabbits since Phantasy Star II. Also, Usani don't put their guts back in place every few seconds. XD And come on, rabbits are cute! Added another different feel to the game.

Bosses? Hmm... I liked the very last one. Just thought it was demented and interesting.

What do you think?

xSHiNOx
Jan 10, 2009, 02:01 AM
hmm, well i like the blue rappy. its cute. i also find the gundam boss harder than the last boss. the ice is a killer!

Shiroyu
Jan 10, 2009, 02:10 AM
I'd have to say the Eurido/Eurada and Euridobeiru/Euradabeiru. They're like haunted and broken dolls. For boss, I'd have to say Blade Mother. Haven't gotten to the top though yet.

Most hated for me though would be the Ijiraku-S6 and Azerowa-B2.

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 10, 2009, 02:16 AM
I'd have to say the Eurido/Eurada and Euridobeiru/Euradabeiru. They're like haunted and broken dolls. For boss, I'd have to say Blade Mother. Haven't gotten to the top though yet.

Most hated for me though would be the Ijiraku-S6 and Azerowa-B2.

Crap, I can't remember what's what. Most of the time I don't pay attention to enemy names. Mind describing them? Or where they are? Curious about the doll ones too.

Shiroyu
Jan 10, 2009, 03:00 AM
They're those disembodied leg things found in the final area. (White/black and rare white/rare black)

The S6 and B2 (rare version of S6) are the robots in the fourth area that shoot you when far away and shoot a light bomb when close.

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 10, 2009, 03:06 AM
Ah, you mean the spider-like robots?

BioWarrior
Jan 10, 2009, 03:16 AM
I like the hilde variants(the snowmen) cause they are PS0's hildebear family. And well, just look me in the eye and tell me hildetorrs didn't scare the crap out of you with the buff body, the horns, and the megid.

Favorite boss is the last one.face it. It's not as lame as his fishy appearance in psu

Akaimizu
Jan 10, 2009, 04:01 AM
Actually, the disembodied leg guys are hilarious. Don't get me wrong, I like them......but I keep calling them "Silent Hill rejects". I mean, especially if you've played Silent Hill 2, it's hard not to laugh at those guys.

I enjoy (don't remember the name) the surfing robots. They're almost a true nod to SEGA's Virtual On OT. In particular, Temjin...who has a super move where he surfs across the stage on an enlarged sword made to look kind of like a surfboard. They move around a lot, making you often have to keep adjusted to use techs on them, and they're color coded by element (and thus letting you know of their elemental weakness)

I also like the one medium-sized enemy that kind of looks like the Ifrit summons from Final Fantasy on all fours, his attack pattern is traditionally animalistic, but his particular jump where he kind of does a twist in the air, is sort of Square-like.

However, I have to say my favorites are typically the big guys. I'm always too happy to live those David and Goliath situations. Having the little person take on a Titan. Nothing beats the feel of throwing out lots of attacks, pacing and dodging stuff, and finally seeing the big guy fall. So this includes creatures of Yeti size or larger.

xSHiNOx
Jan 10, 2009, 04:05 AM
those surfers have a weakness according to their color? i didnt know that. when i use lightning on the blue one it does more damage than on the red and green one.

darkante
Jan 10, 2009, 04:35 AM
I like to take down those big orangutang guys.
A bit more strange then the most.

Saphion
Jan 10, 2009, 06:41 AM
I love the little baby Boomas.

As for least favourite - those leg things in the final level. Those things creep me out, especially when they start doing that The Beatle's Yellow Submarine inspired stretch walk. Ugh.

Also, I despise the Eternal Tower. It may not be an enemy in the game, but it's certainly an enemy of mine.

Zarode
Jan 10, 2009, 07:04 AM
The squid boss has props from me. Most original boss in the game. Actually, the game itself is pretty original.

I hate the Tower the most. Truly the enemy among enemies.

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 10, 2009, 10:41 AM
I also like the one medium-sized enemy that kind of looks like the Ifrit summons from Final Fantasy on all fours, his attack pattern is traditionally animalistic, but his particular jump where he kind of does a twist in the air, is sort of Square-like.

Talking about the Helions? The red bull-like things in the desert/meadow?

Favorite boss is the last one.face it. It's not as lame as his fishy appearance in psu

Oh, it's so sad and true...

Amherst_Wind
Jan 10, 2009, 10:58 AM
I love the final boss to! He looks creepy and the sounds are very disturbing.

The most challenging enemies I've encountered was running into a room in Eternal Tower with two of the big robots with missile launchers, they almost wiped out me and all 3 NPCs. Missiles flying everywhere and when I focused on one the other would go all out on me!

darkante
Jan 10, 2009, 11:12 AM
I like the hilde variants(the snowmen) cause they are PS0's hildebear family. And well, just look me in the eye and tell me hildetorrs didn't scare the crap out of you with the buff body, the horns, and the megid.

I have to agree. Still....IMO, PSO final boss is the most creepy one. Where did the inspiration disappear?

Zarode
Jan 10, 2009, 03:02 PM
Where did the inspiration disappear?

Since we took a gigantic leap in graphical power?

Aki_Yoruno
Jan 11, 2009, 12:08 AM
Yes, PSO Falz is the best. And I miss Vol Opt... Oh, and the Flowen boss in Ep 2, whatever its name was. Still, PSU's Falz is kinda cool, but I don't really like how short it is or that they separated his 2 forms into 2 missions... Online anyway. Where are the 2-stage boss battles?! At least PSZ does it.

Oh, and finally saw the black Usani today! ^^

I also like finding multi-colors of Rappies in the same room in Eternal Tower.

Mike
Jan 11, 2009, 04:45 AM
This game definetely needs a Vol Opt. My favorite mob is Rowjade. My least favorite is the robots in the forest. Shoot from the other side of the room through walls, will you? My favorite boss is probably Mother Trinity. I'll take "fishy" Falz over Mayan idol Falz any day. My least favorite boss is probably Mebious & that other one. Sure I want it to drop the drill so I run it but I'd rather go after the combined version.

Jonty
Jan 11, 2009, 08:50 AM
I love the rare, black versions of the rabbits in the snowy level, with the super cool music and christmasy lights =]

In fact, I love the snowfield in general. It's where I found my twin brand; now it's +40 with 40% dark =D

I don't think there are any horrendously unfair or annoying enemies in the game, but pretty much all of the robot type enemies have the ability to make me very, very angry. Cool that they added the Canadine style kill the leader and the others go crazy whatsit though.

BBonez
Jan 11, 2009, 01:09 PM
My favorite boss is the octopus boss because squids and octopi totally rock xD Least favorite boss is Gundam boss, so annoying X__X

vidokou
Jan 12, 2009, 07:48 AM
Favorite enemy would have to be the new garanz, it shakes me out of my brain fog and actually makes me have to pay attention.
Favorite boss, Rayburn by far. Blame the thousands of past forest runs.

Aumi
Jan 12, 2009, 12:21 PM
Favorite enemy: Grapaison/Grahadan (the Cobra-like enemies), cause I like snakes.
Favorite boss: Rayburn, because I just like it's design, attacks and the nostalgia, and the Mothers (the Eternal Tower bosses), cause they kinda look awesome.

Most hated enemy: Probably Fuinshi (the airboard-using robots). They move too much...
Most hated boss: Da-Kefuarus (The Heavenly Fish-Cow of Doom). It's looks alone make me wanna kill it.

GeoSword
Jan 29, 2009, 09:07 AM
Mine would have to be Mebius and Chaos. I love the theme that plays when you face them. Reminds me of all those battles of Vol Opt of days past.

Bassz
Jan 29, 2009, 11:14 AM
Helion, they are awesome :P, I wish there were more enemies like this in PS0.

Probably the Dragon because it looks cool, but I hate all the bosses becuase I keep dying to them multiple times :'(

_Vyser_
Jan 29, 2009, 12:40 PM
I absolutely hate those tank enemies that shoot homing missiles...
For favorite, I'd have to say it's Rayburn. That fight reminds me somewhat of what Monster Hunter monsters are like (breakable horn, head is usually the weak spot, hyper mode, etc.).

deso123
Jan 29, 2009, 02:10 PM
This boss and his level. It reminds me of the mines enemies in PSO but also has the high detail look of a PSO episode two level. Most of the other maps look like crap to me.