PDA

View Full Version : Fuck you Fable/Walmart

SStrikerR
Jan 10, 2009, 03:24 PM
When I got my xbox for christmas, I got 3 games as well. Halo 3, FIFA 09, and Fable II. Halo and FIFA played fine, and I didn't have any problems. Fable, however, froze four times in two days. The store it was purchased out is about three hours away from where I live, so I was only able to go to it for a replacement before I had to leave. They didn't have it, so when I got back home, I went to a walmart around here. They didn't have it, but an employee said if I came back in a week and they didn't have it, I could get another game or something. Well, I went back earlier today, and they still didn't have it. But of course, the first employee that I talked to didn't know that exchanging it for another game is against the fucking law, so my only options were to keep waiting, find another store, or get screwed out of $60. The next store didn't have it either. :nono:
The last one I went to had it, and I was glad to finally have the game, even though after all that I wasn't very excited about the game anymore. So I got home about a half hour ago, and 'lo and behold, the game froze within 15 minutes. :argh: Fuck

Thalui89
Jan 10, 2009, 03:29 PM
against the law? D: I've exchanged games in the past from stores if theres been an actual fault :S

Tetsaru
Jan 10, 2009, 03:34 PM
That's weird, a friend of mine had a very similar problem. He and his sister each got an Xbox360 for Christmas (not sure if it was from Wal-Mart though), along with Fable II and Prince of Persia. I was over at his house one day, watching him show me these games, and we saw Prince of Persia randomly freeze up right in the middle of one of the levels. It seemed to work fine for the rest of the day, but after I got home, he IM'd me, seemingly in a furious mood... apparently, he experienced more freezing issues with the games, and ultimately, his console, as well as his sister's, would not even read the discs anymore. Also, he said his console was starting to make weird whirring noises on him... no RROD or anything, but it frustrated him to the point where he ended up returning everything and got a PS3 instead, lol...

But yeah, it makes me wonder if there were any "lemon" consoles or games that might have been distributed recently... O_o I used to work as an unloader for Wal-Mart, and although they often distribute electronics separate from other merchandise, we still got a lot things like digital cameras and Ipods shipped in the main trucks, and they're always a mess... Supposedly, the people at the distribution centers have a certain rate at which they have to load the trucks, and often times, they just throw things in there... We've had SO many messes and accidents due to that... -_-

And what's this about exchanging games is against the law?? Is it a state-exclusive law, or something that was implemented recently?? Afaik, you can still trade in games for credit or cash at Gamestop... o_o

SStrikerR
Jan 10, 2009, 03:39 PM
I honestly don't know, but that's what they were all saying. I'm gonna go find their manager next time I go >_>. Screw fable, I want SC4 or any game I'd actually enjoy. Fable wasn't even funny and I wasn't a fan of some things. (The camera, the controls, etc)

And maybe it's because the game is broken, not just used.

Tetsaru
Jan 10, 2009, 03:51 PM
Soul Calibur 4 was alright, but I enjoyed 2 (for Gamecube) and 3 a lot better in the long run... the character customization and online play, I really enjoyed, but the fact that they had to use default character movesets, the lack of storyline, having to go through hell to unlock new parts/weapons, and the whole Star Wars thing really put me off... >_<

If you end up getting a PS3, I'd definitely get Little Big Planet though, especially if you love platformers (which there aren't enough of right now, imo) and like to be creative. :3 I love my PS3... my only real beef with it is that there are too many shooters and not enough platformers/RPG's out for it right now... I'm looking forward to Street Fighter 4 and the FF13 games, though. My friend was also interested in Resident Evil 5, which I think will be good too, but I've never been much of a horror fan.

SStrikerR
Jan 10, 2009, 03:56 PM
I'm not getting a ps3 since I already bought live for a year. As for soul calibur, I'm just in it for the fighting and character creation.

Thalui89
Jan 11, 2009, 08:51 AM
SC4 is a prety nice game and I personally prefered it to sc2 (cant comment on the others). If you can mentally screen out the whole starwars thing then its a good game XD

SubstanceD
Jan 11, 2009, 03:22 PM
I have been hearing a few ( okay, maybe more than a few ) similar complaints about Fable 2 on the gamefaqs message board. Apparently there are quite a few bugs in Fable 2 and it is supposed to be common knoledge to any Fable 2 owner. I have not encountered this bug yet ( and I hope I never do ) but you are not alone.

Powder Keg
Jan 11, 2009, 08:14 PM
Um...it's not against the law. The first priority IS to exchange open games for the same ones in retail stores, but if they don't have if they normally just issue a store credit to prevent any further inconvenience.

SStrikerR
Jan 11, 2009, 08:50 PM
Well maybe it's because the walmart's around my area have always been run by incompetent dumbfucks. True story. So I'm sending the game back to the story it was purchased from and if they say no as well I'll shove it down their throats and steal a different game >_>

Nai_Calus
Jan 12, 2009, 06:55 PM
Don't know or care if it's a law or not, but it is at least an actual Wal-Mart policy. You can't exchange for a different game(Or movie, or CD) because there's nothing preventing you from making copies and then saying it's 'broken' and exchanging it for something different to pirate, etc.

*shrug*

Forever Zero
Jan 13, 2009, 01:09 AM
I had the SAME problem with my Fable II also. I read somewhere that if you install the game to the hard drive and run it, it should be fine. I tried that and haven't had a single freeze. I also had Prince of Persia freeze up on me once or twice but not nearly as bad as Fable II. Give that a try if you have a hard drive.

hunterseifer
Jan 13, 2009, 03:07 PM
I've had this problem before too, but anyway when I bought a new game from gamecrazy they told me new games actually have a return policy of 15(or 30 days, was awhile ago) which is stupid since no other company knows about this shit! or doesnt care, either way next time you buy a game make sure its not from target/walmart/ etc, they dont know about it or dont care >.>;