PDA

View Full Version : FOmar good at close range?

xSHiNOx
Jan 11, 2009, 07:56 PM
according to this site's translation of the FOmar;

http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-zero-classes-a-glimpse/

* FOmar:

* High tech attack power, at higher levels he becomes proficient in close range combat.

----

is that true? how good are they at close range? how good is there defense?

Reginaldo
Jan 11, 2009, 09:01 PM
I was thinking of making a FOmar next. Hopefully they're decent.

Callous
Jan 12, 2009, 07:43 AM
My level 22 FOmar does more damage hitting things than trying to blow them up.

Zarode
Jan 12, 2009, 02:46 PM
My FOnewm can beat the shit out of things with his wand, and cast like a mofo. FOmar is probably better at whacking things.

xSHiNOx
Jan 12, 2009, 02:52 PM
hmm im not sure if i should make a FOmar so i can cast strong magic dealing 200+ damage and melee enemies or a FOnewearl kuz she has the highest mind stat.

WBMike
Jan 12, 2009, 03:04 PM
I rechecked another source just to be sure.
ps0Wiki says: Fomar: All Techniques can be used, has high Tech Power. At higher levels close combat can also be managed.

If you feel Fomar's description should be reworded, I can change it to that.

Defense at LV1 is 7
Comparing it to other classes at LV1. Fomar has one of the lowest defenses. At level 30, it's defense gets considerably higher than the other forces, but 30 pts lower than the male hunters and casts.

xSHiNOx
Jan 12, 2009, 03:17 PM
actually, FOmar probably doesnt have that much great weapons to use to melee enemies. i guess ill stick with my FOnewearl.

Shiroyu
Jan 12, 2009, 04:52 PM
If a force should go melee, it should always melee with force weapons. (Forces + force weapons = regular attack damage uses mind rather than power)

That is, unless if you have another weapon that increases your power to be higher than your mind with the force weapon, or if the other weapon would give you a higher dps. (Daggers, dual sabers, etc.)

xSHiNOx
Jan 12, 2009, 05:05 PM
ahh i remember that one topic about forces attacking with force weapons and hunter weapons. i guess i understand now. the slicers use the mind stat for damage. soo its better for forces to use it instead of hunters using the cool looking slicers.

edit: hmm, now im stumped. the FOmar or male forces has the 120% up on offensive techs while female forces have 100% on offensive techs and their resta and status techs are upped. since the female newman force has the highest mind but the male forces have 120% on offensive techs. who will do the most damage? with and without shifta if you want to calculate.

Ultie
Jan 12, 2009, 05:46 PM
my fomar's stats:

lvl 85
100hp mats

787 hp
272 atp
150 defence
197 ata
236 evp
399 mind

foie lvl 15 does around 300-350 dammage with 15 shifta and zalure and mind mag.
celeb dag's lvl3 do around 70 per hit with a power mag.

fomar is good either way, i usually carry 3 mags around so I can change playstyle during level's and in boss's. (such as 2nd form of last boss its much better to melee with hunter weapons than with fo weapons so I change mag)

xSHiNOx
Jan 12, 2009, 05:52 PM
wow you used 100 hp mats? damn. why so much? anyways, i might just make a FOmar and FOnewearl. lol

Ultie
Jan 12, 2009, 06:28 PM
i like not dieing x3

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2009, 07:47 AM
Funny enough. The close range melee isn't bad. I've done some pretty nice damage, with my fomar, using Melee Photon Arts. My staff has that pogo combination, which does surprisingly a lot of damage at a risk of taking damage of course.

It's killed bosses, which is funny in itself.

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2009, 07:48 AM
Funny enough. The close range melee isn't bad. I've done some pretty nice damage, with my fomar, using Melee Photon Arts. My staff has that pogo combination, which does surprisingly a lot of damage at a risk of taking damage of course.