PDA

View Full Version : Male/Female attack animations?

robinhood
Jan 11, 2009, 08:18 PM
I was testing out both male and female characters with a basic saber, and I noticed that in a male's 3-hit combo, the third hit takes longer to execute than does the female version.

Discuss?

Magus_84
Jan 11, 2009, 08:24 PM
I think the only major difference in normal Attacks is that females get an extra hit on their Twin Claw animation.

Most of your meleeing will be done with PAs, though. And there aren't any appreciable differences between male/female there.

Dhylec
Jan 11, 2009, 08:29 PM
Majarra has unique male & female animations for the first part.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 11, 2009, 08:32 PM
If I recall, females are also faster going into JA from normal attack using single dagger but it's been ages since I actually touched one of those (dagger, that is).
Male Majarra is faster going into the 2nd part of the combo.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 11, 2009, 09:24 PM
Also worth noting that Bogga Danga has different animations too. On the third hit, males land on her hands and feet (Looks really badass, save for the flashy colors) and females slide down on their butt. (Yeah, they do.)

Suzuka Miyamoto
Jan 11, 2009, 10:46 PM
Majarra has unique male & female animations for the first part.

Its a spear skill 25PAs females sit on the spear like a witch on a bloom
Males ride it like a skateboard.

robinhood
Jan 12, 2009, 05:04 AM
So there's no real benefit in attack animation from either end then?

Tsavo
Jan 12, 2009, 05:47 AM
In the end the differences don't seem to amount to much. I do however feel that the female sword animation is both a little faster and flows better than the male version.

Kadajenova
Jan 12, 2009, 06:02 AM
In the end the differences don't seem to amount to much. I do however feel that the female sword animation is both a little faster and flows better than the male version.

yes sega is sexist D:

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 12, 2009, 07:02 AM
Twin dagger normal combo is different too for males and females. And i think that male's is faster.

desturel
Jan 12, 2009, 08:26 AM
For techers, female characters use a slashing motion while casting with a wand. Males use an overhand swing (like a tennis serve), I never really tested to see which animation recovers faster side by side, but I'm sure there is a bit of difference in the animation time.

Females and males have a different animation when using Visshi Grudda. Never paid much attention when using Vivi Danga, but the animation could be different there too. Of course there's Majarra and Bogga Danga.

The slicer normal slicer attack animation is different from female to male.

But the only thing I can think of that makes a large difference is the extra Twin Claw hit on normal attacks that females get. A bit unfair in terms of recharge and potential damage (without photon charges) towards female characters, but considering the many balance issues in the game, I can't really harp on the twin claws much.

Calsetes
Jan 12, 2009, 12:05 PM
The normal attacks on knuckles are different, also. My male has more of a "Rocky" style of punching, i.e. jabs with an uppercut to finish, whereas the female does a sort of extension into a spin for the second and third hits.

I'm not really taking note of attack speeds or anything though, so no idea if that's any different.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 12, 2009, 02:46 PM
For techers, female characters use a slashing motion while casting with a wand. Males use an overhand swing (like a tennis serve), I never really tested to see which animation recovers faster side by side, but I'm sure there is a bit of difference in the animation time.

Females and males have a different animation when using Visshi Grudda. Never paid much attention when using Vivi Danga, but the animation could be different there too. Of course there's Majarra and Bogga Danga.

The slicer normal slicer attack animation is different from female to male.

But the only thing I can think of that makes a large difference is the extra Twin Claw hit on normal attacks that females get. A bit unfair in terms of recharge and potential damage (without photon charges) towards female characters, but considering the many balance issues in the game, I can't really harp on the twin claws much.

I noticed that too
when i was in a buff party the other day
I noticed two acrotechers (w/ har quick) casting. They were maybe off by like a 1 milisecond but it looks like males cast a lil faster with the wand....

robinhood
Jan 12, 2009, 05:53 PM
Alright thanks guys. Anyone else know differences in their attack animations? And do these all only affect melee and casting? Guns all the same?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 12, 2009, 09:40 PM
Alright thanks guys. Anyone else know differences in their attack animations? And do these all only affect melee and casting? Guns all the same?

Hmmm i use gunners for both genders and i dont notice a difference....might have to look more into that later

robinhood
Jan 19, 2009, 04:44 AM
Bump for more input. From my experimentation so far it seems that females have superior/faster attack animations for melee weapons. Does no one else think this might make a difference in ability to successfully damage enemies? With the male's slower attack (at least it seems so on the third hit of a melee combo) I would think it would be hard to fight fast enemies.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jan 19, 2009, 04:57 AM
No because majarra is the only PA that matters, and in that respect males win.
The TA rankings from MAG+ prove this.

robinhood
Jan 19, 2009, 03:10 PM
Hm, I haven't gotten far enough to get Majarra yet, but it really doesn't bother anyone else that females can complete the third hit of the combo faster? I like that males get better HP, ATP, and ATA, but attack animations seem like they would affect you more. Hm...