PDA

View Full Version : Giving a PM an EX device?

Karazykid
Jan 11, 2009, 09:11 PM
I managed to give my PM the other device to change what weapons it uses, but can't figure out how to work the EX device

Noblewine
Jan 12, 2009, 12:46 AM
Is that the device that slightly boosts it holding capacity? Feed it to your PM.

tadtwisted
Jan 12, 2009, 04:20 AM
Is that the device that slightly boosts it holding capacity? Feed it to your PM.

the ex is just suppose to be a smarter version of the regular pm device but if it has the same model numbers you cant use the ex so you have to buy another pm device and change it, then you can chance it back to the previous model with a ex device if you meet the battle stat requirement

Smidge204
Jan 12, 2009, 06:48 AM
Most (all?) EX devices have a minimum B.Stat, usually 20 but some as high as 100. You need to take your PM with you on missions to raise the B.Stat before you can use EX devices on it.

The math works out to a minimum of 417 missions (completed with S rank) to a B.Stat of 100. The good news is, it doesn't matter what mission, or what difficulty - you can complete "Unsafe Passage C" 417 times with S rank and that'll do the trick.
=Smidge=

Karazykid
Jan 12, 2009, 09:06 PM
Ah, okay. Didn't realize I couldn't just use the same model number.

Another question. My friend decided to swap his PM device a bunch of times and now it won't let him change anymore. Is there some kinda limit? Also, if you've raised your PM for striking, can you still give it a PM for tech?

lee-san
Jan 14, 2009, 11:33 PM
so ur sayin that if you have lets say pm device 42, you can give it ex device 21, it will be compatible?

tadtwisted
Jan 15, 2009, 01:24 AM
Ah, okay. Didn't realize I couldn't just use the same model number.

Another question. My friend decided to swap his PM device a bunch of times and now it won't let him change anymore. Is there some kinda limit? Also, if you've raised your PM for striking, can you still give it a PM for tech?

i dont think there is a limit to how many time you can change it as long as you meet the battle stats, as for changing it it dosent matter if you go from a striking to tech but remember that if you raised it as a striking bot you %'s for making weapons will still be higher for striking only

tadtwisted
Jan 15, 2009, 01:25 AM
so ur sayin that if you have lets say pm device 42, you can give it ex device 21, it will be compatible?

yes you should be able to chang it no problem

http://psupedia.info/Partner_machines