PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Oldschool Newbie

Mazarin
Jan 12, 2009, 12:29 PM
Hey all.

I lost alot of my life to PSO for Dreamcast and Xbox years ago, and if I wasn't online, I was on here. Some may remember my Sonic PK-ing FOneweral Mitclax – who I went and remade for PSU, currently lvl 8. Anyway, I got the game a while ago, and even played it for a sec – but never really had the time to really get into it. Now all my projects are finished and I’ve got all the time in the world to play. I’m even starting to like it more than the old PSO!

Anyway, I’ve got some questions about PSU. The offline story is so different from online – what’s the proper sequence in advancing thru zones and areas? I’m used to the PSO sequence of after Forest 1-3, you go to Caves 1-4. It doesn’t seem as straight forward on PSU.

Also, what's a good server to play on? I had a lvl 36 help me out and he ganked all the drops from the dragon :/

I guess I’m just looking for a decent group to play with – seems a little harder to make friends on this version, but maybe it’s just the server I’m on…

Ryno
Jan 12, 2009, 12:44 PM
What is a good server to play on?
Well if you're going to play on the Xbox 360 servers
Right now currently it's a full universe.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a215/xl2YClNx/Universeleo.jpg
12:50PM EST

but probably later in the day it will get to later be to Two full universe because people getting off work and school maybe even a third part of universe 3 later on.

funnymatt
Jan 12, 2009, 01:20 PM
Anyway, I’ve got some questions about PSU. The offline story is so different from online – what’s the proper sequence in advancing thru zones and areas? I’m used to the PSO sequence of after Forest 1-3, you go to Caves 1-4. It doesn’t seem as straight forward on PSU.

There is no set sequence- you can run and do whatever missions are available. It's as if you could just jump right to Caves 2, then Ruins 3, Forest 1, etc.

Also, what's a good server to play on? I had a lvl 36 help me out and he ganked all the drops from the dragon :/

I guess I’m just looking for a decent group to play with – seems a little harder to make friends on this version, but maybe it’s just the server I’m on…

With the new mission setup, you can set the drops to go to the entire party (the best option is the default- leave everything set to "Random" for the most fair distribution). That way no one can just run up to everything and keep it. It doesn't matter who picks it up, everyone has an equal shot of getting the drop.

Mazarin
Jan 12, 2009, 01:42 PM
Ok, cool.

Also - I saw that there's an update or something for $8 - should I wait and get a couple levels under me before I download it, or should I get it right away?

Darius_Drake
Jan 12, 2009, 04:37 PM
Actually the Aoti expansion makes it much easier to level up. The missions that come with the expansion are really the best ones experience wise.

funnymatt
Jan 12, 2009, 08:33 PM
Get it now- you'll need it to get into most players rooms to go to their shops. Oh, and open a shop of your own as soon as you can, that's a must to sell off the stuff you find.