PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Should I go all out!?

lantis-zagato
Jan 12, 2009, 02:11 PM
Hello,
I need some opinions as to what to do with my characters. I have a 150 guntecher with almost max equipment and max PA's. I love playing on this character but feel like I'm wasting time on him because there is nothing I need to level anymore. I have three alts. All are about 100 or higher.

My first alt is a 116 newman acrotecher. She is fun but I transfered a few spells to my main so I wouldn't have to level them again and it has kind of killed my desire to use her as of late. My second alt is a 99 cast protranser. Problem with him is his bullet levels are relatively low compared to his level because initially he was a fortegunner but I got bored around level 65 and switched. Now most of his bullets are 1-25 with a lot of them 1-11. I like the variety of stuff he can do but I get bored after just a few runs. Also, his gear isn't top end stuff. Same with my acrotecher. My third alt is a beast fighmaster. I was originally a fighgunner. I like the change but again, I get bored after like 2 runs.

So, my question to you all is: Should I just scrap 1 or 2 of these alts to sell their stuff to go for the gold with my main guntecher? He is the only one that I don't get bored with quickly. The problem with this idea is I really don't think I will get that much cash by scrapping any 1 character. Maybe 50-70 mill and in todays market that really isn't going to take me far. I also worry that I'm just getting bored of this game in general. I'd like to try something like FF11 but I know I don't have the time to put into a game like that even though I think I would get more enjoyment out of it in the long run.

I also considered remaking my fighmaster and starting over fresh with a new char. I just don't know what race/class combo. I thought about acrofighter because I never tried it out before. Actually, I have never even held a slicer. I do however have a bunch of 1-handed PAs just sitting in storage that range from 21-31.

What do you guys think? And if it matters I can list my equipment for my guntecher in a later post. Thanks for your input in advance.

iTrYHarD
Jan 12, 2009, 03:16 PM
buying new and better equipment, and basically getting rid of your other characters stuff doesnt make the game anymore fun.....maybe for a couple days but then it still remains boring afterwards....i already tried this and regret it because having decent stuff for all characters give you more variety.

as for FF11 i never played it and i too wanted to try it out, but i heard its very time consuming, look on youtube for videos of online gameplay for ff11 see if you like it, but yeah Psu has gotten very boring lately, i try to remain positive about this game but to tell you the truth i am kinda of waiting for my subscription to expire.....

lantis-zagato
Jan 12, 2009, 03:31 PM
Ya, that's sort of why I didn't do it already. I need something new but I have decent stuff on all my alts so I don't know if I really want to start from scratch but I just can't seem to get into my other characters. I just did 3 missions and it felt like a chore. As for FF11, I have seen the game and I know I would like it but I like how on this game you don't need to sit for 3 hours+ to get something accomplished. Not that I would mind that but I just don't have the time between work and the girl and everything else.

Chimeria
Jan 12, 2009, 03:39 PM
So basically you're asking should I play this or get FFXI?
I just made the same thread not to long ago. You can find it here.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156489

WhiteKnight01
Jan 12, 2009, 08:48 PM
if you like playing one class like me just buy new pa and level them up again

Cujo
Jan 12, 2009, 09:15 PM
Well, personally, I find playing anything on a character that can't get experience is a waste of time. When I max out my skills, I stop using them and find a different weapon, when i max out a class, i change. This is easy for me because I'm a human and can do whatever I want and be better then other races at it. So i would say, take Whatever skills and weapons you have and transfer them to another character and play on that one. I would keep the 150, but only use it when other people needed the help, or to just have fun.

King137
Jan 13, 2009, 01:47 AM
y dont u just stop playin the game so damn much then you'll have more to do

lantis-zagato
Jan 13, 2009, 09:22 AM
I don't play "that damn much" to tell you the truth. But when you have played from day 1 eventually you will max out a character. And the only weapon I haven't leveled for my main character is lazer cannons and I really don't see the point for a guntecher. I feel like I'm wasting time too when I use a max level character but I get so bored on all the alts I have even though for the most part they are decent characters. I'm just looking for something to spice it up a bit and I thought scrapping one character might bring some sort of change that would keep me occupied for a while.