PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star love at NY Comic-Con

RubyEclipse
Jan 12, 2009, 09:10 PM
(Cross-posting this for the PSOW crowd, in case anyone is interested. :) )

Hey everyone,

This February, Kellie and myself on the SOA Community team are going to be attending the NY Comic-Con to show off some upcoming SEGA titles. If any of our resident Phantasy Star fans are in the area and want to drop by, I'll be bringing along some PSU swag with me to give out to you guys. With Phantasy Star Portable coming out soon, and with Phantasy Star Zero now announced, it seems a great reason to celebrate and bust out some of the PSU goods.

On-hand will be some inflatable GH 101's and PSU Wristbands, and if you can find me and know the answer to either of the below trivia questions (one in honor of PSU and one for PSO), I'll hook you up with either a GH 101, a wristband, or, if you're the first person to find me on Saturday and you know both answers, you'll also get a PSU Cubic Star (The designer company on Parum) T-shirt!

For a peek at what the T-shirt looks like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/3191701831/

On-hand at the event we'll have:
- MadWorld
- The House of the Dead: Overkill
- The Conduit
- Sonic and the Black Knight

This will be the first time that the public gets to play pretty much any of these games, so we're pretty stoked to have them on-hand - there will also be some other cool SEGA swag to be earned as well, for those who drop by and check out all the games!

Trivia Questions: (Don't post answers here!)
---
#1: In Phantasy Star Online, both Bernie and Sue boast an amazing talent that has the power to open broken/locked doors. What do they call this unique gift?

#2: In Phantasy Star Universe, what races were Laia's siblings as a child?
---

Anyways, that's essentially all of it - the event should be pretty cool, hope to see some of you there!

Majarra
Jan 12, 2009, 09:21 PM
Sounds pretty cool! i dont live in NY so i cant go. you cant hand out some uhh free reserves for PS:P or PSZ?

Phoenix_Black
Jan 12, 2009, 11:15 PM
Ooo, answer to the PSO is my favorite phrase from PSO. It's one of my PSU Shortcuts... Tooo bad I can't go to Comic-Con... Good luck to all who show up!

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jan 12, 2009, 11:24 PM
..Holy crap.
I was thinking of going to Comic-con this year too.
This just might make me go.
When is it again?

ShadowDragon28
Jan 13, 2009, 02:56 AM
I'm in California V_V I can't afford to fly to NY. Please *please* hold a similar event at the 2009 San Diego Comic Con? PLEASE?

buzyb77
Jan 13, 2009, 03:07 AM
(Cross-posting this for the PSOW crowd, in case anyone is interested. :) )

Hey everyone,

This February, Kellie and myself on the SOA Community team are going to be attending the NY Comic-Con to show off some upcoming SEGA titles. If any of our resident Phantasy Star fans are in the area and want to drop by, I'll be bringing along some PSU swag with me to give out to you guys. With Phantasy Star Portable coming out soon, and with Phantasy Star Zero now announced, it seems a great reason to celebrate and bust out some of the PSU goods.

On-hand will be some inflatable GH 101's and PSU Wristbands, and if you can find me and know the answer to either of the below trivia questions (one in honor of PSU and one for PSO), I'll hook you up with either a GH 101, a wristband, or, if you're the first person to find me on Saturday and you know both answers, you'll also get a PSU Cubic Star (The designer company on Parum) T-shirt!

For a peek at what the T-shirt looks like: http://www.flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/3191701831/

On-hand at the event we'll have:
- MadWorld
- The House of the Dead: Overkill
- The Conduit
- Sonic and the Black Knight

This will be the first time that the public gets to play pretty much any of these games, so we're pretty stoked to have them on-hand - there will also be some other cool SEGA swag to be earned as well, for those who drop by and check out all the games!

---
#1: In Phantasy Star Online, both Bernie and Sue boast an amazing talent that has the power to open broken/locked doors. What do they call this unique gift?

#2: In Phantasy Star Universe, what races were Laia's siblings as a child?
---

Anyways, that's essentially all of it - the event should be pretty cool, hope to see some of you there!

So planning for a trip.... no news on Content......

Tyreek
Jan 13, 2009, 03:12 AM
Give it a rest already. We heard it the first time.

In any case, are you gonna attend Ruby? ;)

cApNhOwDy
Jan 13, 2009, 03:38 AM
Answer to the first question: *removed*

darkante
Jan 13, 2009, 03:48 AM
Answer to the first question: *removed*

Dude cmon >.>...

>.<

Miyoko
Jan 13, 2009, 04:00 AM
New York? ;_;

You guys should come to Sakura-con in Seattle~ <3

Dhylec
Jan 13, 2009, 09:31 AM
Interesting. I hope I have time to drop by for a look at this event.

landman
Jan 13, 2009, 12:22 PM
I got this t-shirt when PSU was released in japan ^^ But what I want more at the moment is tha CAUTION madworld's t-shirt lol

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 13, 2009, 01:00 PM
Dude, I am SO there.

Aorre
Jan 13, 2009, 02:33 PM
I'll be there too. Can't wait to see you guys!

RubyEclipse
Jan 13, 2009, 04:26 PM
I got this t-shirt when PSU was released in japan ^^ But what I want more at the moment is tha CAUTION madworld's t-shirt lol

Rumor has it that there may be some extras of that shirt (in very limited amount) to give out... Who knows? ;)

The Comic-con dates are Feb 6-8, Bomberstrife.

GH 101's and PSU Wristbands are both limited collector's items, so obviously if a ton of people show up then the first that can find me each day with correct answers will each get one. I will be taking goods in on Friday and more on Saturday/Sunday, so that everyone has a fair shot even if you can only drop by later in the weekend.

Finally, Tyreek - yes, I will most definitely be there. Looking forward to meeting you all soon!

Dragwind
Jan 13, 2009, 06:05 PM
I'm thinking of heading up there. A few states away and quite a hike, but here's to hoping.

_K1_
Jan 13, 2009, 07:41 PM
I knew there was a reason I pay so much in rent. Never been before, but I think I'll go this year.

GreenArcher
Jan 13, 2009, 10:07 PM
Omg, I can meet Ruby! All these years of waiting have finally payed off :D

Tyreek
Jan 13, 2009, 10:12 PM
Ruby and Green, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G. ;)

Arika
Jan 13, 2009, 10:39 PM
This remind me of kotova T-shirt :wacko:

RubyEclipse
Jan 14, 2009, 04:30 PM
I'm thinking of heading up there. A few states away and quite a hike, but here's to hoping.
Cool, hope to catch you there, if the trek isn't too bad. :)

This remind me of kotova T-shirt
Yes, those shirts are also really cool. What I really want to grab a few of are the Rappy T-shirts Sega of Japan gave away when PSZ launched.

Billy Mitchell
Jan 14, 2009, 05:00 PM
Is this thread a joke?

I don't quite understand. So Sega is sending some of their paid game players to pimp other games. And they plan to unload some cheap PSU related crap whilst pimping.

And this is exciting, not infuriating?

Totori
Jan 14, 2009, 05:22 PM
Is this thread a joke?

I don't quite understand. So Sega is sending some of their paid game players to pimp other games. And they plan to unload some cheap PSU related crap whilst pimping.

And this is exciting, not infuriating?
Stop hating And also Ruby I can't go~ well I hope it goes well for you guys and also ruby could you post some pictures of the event for me

Billy Mitchell
Jan 14, 2009, 07:21 PM
"Stop hating"?

LOL!

Ethateral
Jan 14, 2009, 08:27 PM
I wanna go so bad! I'll be in New York, but in Niagara Falls during that weekend! D:< Grah! I want to meet Ruby and get me a Pete~ <3 D: Hang Pete from my ceiling! Like he's floating. o.o

AngelofEnders
Jan 29, 2009, 08:23 AM
Bumping this up since it's the weekend after next. I'll be going Saturday with a buddy of mine. If other people come, maybe we can get together or something.

Tyreek
Jan 29, 2009, 11:43 AM
I demand pics! PSOW needs to see the fun many users may miss out on!

Dragwind
Jan 29, 2009, 02:38 PM
Unfortunately the train fare from where I live is off the wall, never mind driving up there. Count me out :nono:

I'll be looking forward to some pictures though at least. Bring cameras!

jayster
Jan 29, 2009, 02:42 PM
Comic-con is real? I honestly thought it was just a tv hoax.

Zarode
Jan 29, 2009, 04:09 PM
Too bad I can't go. I know the answers, too. :>

pikachief
Jan 29, 2009, 04:42 PM
r u going to the LA one when that hits? D:

i know a little girl who's dressing up as who knows what(something japanese men would find attractive i can tell that much X.x) lol but shes going to the LA one and could gib meh some stuffs if u go to it too :O lol

AngelofEnders
Jan 29, 2009, 04:56 PM
I demand pics! PSOW needs to see the fun many users may miss out on!

I plan to take a camera with me. Unfortunately I look nothing like my characters.

RubyEclipse
Feb 6, 2009, 09:28 PM
Props to the Phantasy Star fans that dropped by today, really nice meeting you all! Enjoy those wristbands, GH 101's, or in the case of GutsGO and his friend who showed up first in the morning, the T-shirt too. :)

If you are dropping by tomorrow, look for a guy around 5'10 with brown hair and a blue PSU wristband on his right arm. (He may also sound curiously like that PSU Castor guy who does the PSU Podcast...) Hope to spot some of you guys then!

moomoopenguin
Feb 6, 2009, 09:38 PM
;; Awww I so wanna go too but too far away.

Tyreek
Feb 7, 2009, 12:09 AM
I'm glad you guys had fun. I would've, but I'm all the way up in DC. XD

RubyEclipse
Feb 7, 2009, 12:17 AM
No worries, it's a bit of a trip for sure. :)

Even if you couldn't attend, I've got some pics up (including one with yours truly) over at the SEGA Flickr Page, and a special look at the SEGA Booth here on the blogs:

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/02/06/sega-at-new-york-comic-con-day-1/

For all the Day 1 pictures: http://flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/sets/72157613325404290/

Cheers!

beatrixkiddo
Feb 7, 2009, 12:21 AM
Ruby where's my inflateable Pete from the trivia at Falz Memoria~

RubyEclipse
Feb 7, 2009, 12:29 AM
Ruby where's my inflateable Pete from the trivia at Falz Memoria~
I've got it back at my desk in the San Fran SEGA offices. Hit me up with a quick PM with a shipping address if it has changed (no worries if not), and I'll be able to send it your way when I get back in next week.

Tyreek
Feb 7, 2009, 12:32 AM
No worries, it's a bit of a trip for sure. :)

Even if you couldn't attend, I've got some pics up (including one with yours truly) over at the SEGA Flickr Page, and a special look at the SEGA Booth here on the blogs:

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/02/06/sega-at-new-york-comic-con-day-1/

For all the Day 1 pictures: http://flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/sets/72157613325404290/

Cheers!

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... you're the guy with the van on his shirt. XD

Chuck_Norris
Feb 7, 2009, 12:37 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say... you're the guy with the van on his shirt. XD

Nah, he's the guy in the middle of this one:
http://flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/3259762292/in/set-72157613325404290/

At least, according to the text under the picture.

Sidney
Feb 7, 2009, 12:50 AM
See, I guessed the guy with the long, Melchior like hair. :lol:
Ruby has a cute babyface!

AngelofEnders
Feb 7, 2009, 08:14 PM
Ruby's really a nice guy. Thanks again for the Cubic star shirt. I trekked hard for it. Haha.

RubyEclipse
Feb 7, 2009, 10:05 PM
Well earned, Perfect Spiral! You were in line early just for that shirt, and you definitely deserved it. :)

Really nice meeting you, and likewise the others who dropped by today! I'm working on a blog right now and I just uploaded a new batch of today's photos to the SEGA Flickr stream:

http://flickr.com/photos/segaamerica/sets/72157613325404290/

Two of my favorites are below, we had someone drop by today as Rika from Phantasy Star IV (she did an awesome job on the costume!), and a whole group of Sonic cosplayers (+ Agent G, + NiGHTS) as well!

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3354/3261338087_8c294d0c23_b.jpg
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3417/3262165568_ff73d7431b_b.jpg

Edit! The latest blog is now up! Check out our SEGA coverage of day 2 at NYCC:

http://blogs.sega.com/usa/2009/02/07/sega-at-new-york-comic-con-day-2/

Commodore 64
Feb 7, 2009, 11:43 PM
Okay, this seems like the thread to ask. Who the heck is the person running http://twitter.com/phantasystar ?

RubyEclipse
Feb 8, 2009, 12:58 AM
Okay, this seems like the thread to ask. Who the heck is the person running http://twitter.com/phantasystar ?
Our entire community team has access, but I'm on it most of the time for PSU/PSP/PSZ stuff. I haven't been able to check private messages or replies with NYCC, but will be taking another look on Tuesday when I'm back in the office.

D1ABOLIK
Feb 8, 2009, 04:31 AM
New York? ;_;

You guys should come to Sakura-con in Seattle~ <3
Yes please.

Tyreek
Feb 8, 2009, 05:17 PM
Someone's sporting a Chaos Emerald... O.O 3 beautiful looking ones to be exact.

LuigiMario
Feb 8, 2009, 09:48 PM
Our entire community team has access, but I'm on it most of the time for PSU/PSP/PSZ stuff. I haven't been able to check private messages or replies with NYCC, but will be taking another look on Tuesday when I'm back in the office.

Was there a Street Fighter IV booth there?

jayster
Feb 8, 2009, 11:13 PM
.... wow :-/

Dragwind
Feb 9, 2009, 01:22 AM
Aw man, I sure wish I could have gone. It would have been awesome meeting the SHIN team after playing with them, and of course, Ruby himself. Nice to see some classic Phantasy Star cosplayers too :wacko:

chu-chu-chu
Feb 17, 2009, 10:49 AM
thats so cool that you guys got to met ruby and stuf!!! OMGosh,

neone know who the girl in purple is?!? rawr