PDA

View Full Version : Goldania for 120k?!

Karazykid
Jan 13, 2009, 08:44 AM
Possibly a noob question, but here it is anyway. Why is Goldania going for 120k? You need like 15 of em to do anything, and from what I can tell Junaline is needed in everything the Goldania is needed in but that only sells for 1k. They both have the same rarity so is there just something special about the Goldania?

Arada
Jan 13, 2009, 08:46 AM
It's an area drop only (in many missions, though) and remains quite rare.

You could get a stack of Junaline within a few hours when you'd get 15 Goldania within days. And they're usefull for good weapons so everyone wants them.

Low offer -> High demand -> High price.

Atomic646
Jan 13, 2009, 08:53 AM
Lol they used to be 200k/e be happy :)

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 13, 2009, 09:12 AM
It's an area drop only (in many missions, though) and remains quite rare.

You could get a stack of Junaline within a few hours when you'd get 15 Goldania within days. And they're usefull for good weapons so everyone wants them.

Low offer -> High demand -> High price.

few hours o_0 More like an hour :P
Run Seed Express over and over in a 1 1/2 time and see.... :P

Unless im just a junaline magnet

Zorak000
Jan 13, 2009, 09:13 AM
*cough*diad*cough*

Atomic646
Jan 13, 2009, 09:49 AM
lol Yep diads too and relic edges

DarkEliteRico
Jan 13, 2009, 09:54 AM
Man I still wish I had those two stacks of diad.

Goldania is always higher in price due to it only being an area drop for some missions, the fact that you need 15 of the damn things doesn't make sense to me personally if they changed it to 7 or 10 the items they produce would be better. I absolutely hated burning through over 60 goldania to try to get a decent halp serafi

Kazemi
Jan 13, 2009, 10:45 AM
goldania is quite farmable. look here. (http://www.amesani.org/psu/db/item/data.php?item=706004)

DarkEliteRico
Jan 13, 2009, 10:51 AM
goldania is quite farmable. look here. (http://www.amesani.org/psu/db/item/data.php?item=706004)

farmable yes, but with how people play jumping from hot spot to hot spot...there was what 4 missions that people play on currently looking for them. Who goes to the lakeshore unless they're opening lobbies on an alt

rayner
Jan 13, 2009, 10:59 AM
If you wanted to make a Crea Doubles by just finding the board and 0 materials it would cost ( 120,000 x 15 ) 1.8 million in Goldania & ( 1,500,000 x 2 ) 3.0 million in Relic Edges = 4.8 million... I think the break even point right now is 38% I have 6 boards in storage...

San Anto
Jan 13, 2009, 11:26 AM
lol during MAG goldania was going for 900-1mil......Consider your self lucky it was 300-400k about a month ago

(PC/PS2)

Sexy_Raine
Jan 13, 2009, 01:10 PM
Relic edges are costly, and their drop rate it very random. Sometimes I find like 3 of them with 5-10 runs, and other times I go 30+ runs without seeing a single one.

With everyone spamming seed Express, Goldania is becoming more common. From my experience it drops very well on A. Enjoy the low prices while it lasts, I know I did for White Beast Diad spam. Not anymore though D:

SabZero
Jan 13, 2009, 01:44 PM
There's an almost guaranteed Goldania in the special boxes in block 3 of Scarred Planet A. And they can also drop from the monsters.

People are just greedy >_>

desturel
Jan 13, 2009, 02:59 PM
There's an almost guaranteed Goldania in the special boxes in block 3 of Scarred Planet A. And they can also drop from the monsters.

I don't understand this logic. You know where it drops. You know how to get it. You can farm it yourself. If you don't feel like farming it, then you pay the price that people have set for it. It's not greed, it's good sense to charge what people will pay, but not more than what people will pay. If you don't want to pay 120k for the goldania, you can farm it yourself. If you don't feel like farming it yourself, then pay the going value.

The "people are just greedy" argument can easily be countered by the "you're too damn lazy to get it yourself" argument.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 13, 2009, 03:00 PM

I think have a bout a stack of goldania and bout 35 ish of morbinia from GBR Alone
im quite satisfied.
And the funny thing is....i dont even use those as much so they will be sitting there until i find somethin do with them

SabZero
Jan 13, 2009, 03:38 PM
I don't understand this logic. You know where it drops. You know how to get it. You can farm it yourself. If you don't feel like farming it, then you pay the price that people have set for it. It's not greed, it's good sense to charge what people will pay, but not more than what people will pay. If you don't want to pay 120k for the goldania, you can farm it yourself. If you don't feel like farming it yourself, then pay the going value.

The "people are just greedy" argument can easily be countered by the "you're too damn lazy to get it yourself" argument.

If you price something at five times of what would be "normal" (NPC prices have been calculated), just because you can, then it's greed. I'm sure if someone puts some materuials up for a reasonable price, someone else will buy it all and resell at a higher price. Again, greed. Instead of letting someone buy it that actually wants to synth something. Unthinkable. :rant: :-?

Proff
Jan 13, 2009, 03:45 PM
If you price something at five times of what would be "normal" (NPC prices have been calculated), just because you can, then it's greed. I'm sure if someone puts some materuials up for a reasonable price, someone else will buy it all and resell at a higher price. Again, greed. Instead of letting someone buy it that actually wants to synth something. Unthinkable. :rant: :-?

Yeah, that's real life for ya.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 13, 2009, 04:08 PM

Thats how i try to think but then i what i do is check to see who bought and see if i see them put it for higher but then i figure why try to be nice anymre :(

desturel
Jan 13, 2009, 04:19 PM
If you price something at five times of what would be "normal" (NPC prices have been calculated), just because you can, then it's greed.

1) Where are you getting the 5x ratio? By your logic a Miku-miko outfit should only sell for 50 meseta. Why not? The NPC only pays 10 meseta for it. Who cares that you have to drop a 30k item into the offering box in Shitenkaku. Also by your logic a Booma Claw, Kakwane Tail, Copernia, and Kerseline should be worth exactly the same amount. How about this, I trade you my Merculine on a one on one basis for each Relic Edge you have. Merculine sells to an NPC for more than a Relic Edge, so you'd actually be making out on the deal. Let's set up a time and we can get that trade started right now.

2) Even with all of the Goldania that drops currently, there is still a much larger number of unmade boards meaning the supply is not meeting the demand (also see [B] Germinus Gun and [B] Granahodorac).

3) If you don't like the price people are selling the item for, you don't need to buy that item from them. If you wish to undercut the market you can do so. If you want to haggle with the person selling the item you can.

4) At 120k per, the price of 1 Goldania is equal to that of 80 Junaline at the NPC sell back price (1500 meseta). With your 5x theory, Goldania would cost 24k a 16 to 1 ratio. Chances are a person doing a normal run are getting much more than 16 Junaline for each Goldania received meaning that your 5x theory wouldn't even stand up to regular conditions. At 24k each, there would be no Goldania for you to buy as the supply would run out quicker than the demand. People would sell 16 Junaline and buy a Goldania at a rate that would empty the market in a few hours leaving you with no other action than to hunt for the Goldania yourself. Funny enough, that's the same thing you have to do right now because you are unwilling to pay the price being offered by others for the item.

5) The price of Goldania is 120k NOW when most of the people around are doing runs where Goldania drops. A truly greedy person would be buying up the Goldania at 120k and stockpiling it for the time after GBR when Goldania prices will raise back up to 200k plus making a nice easy profit for a simple investment and patience. There are a number of runs coming out, including a rare mission, which will drop [B] Carriguiruc. The Svaltus Sword is currently popular due to the amount of PP that it has. Halp Serafi will come around in a few months. There's still a use for Goldania. When the supply starts drying up again, the people who are stockpiling will turn a profit.

ChibiBecca
Jan 13, 2009, 04:20 PM
scarred planet A? i'll have to give that a try, been trying to get goldania for ages now and still need about 4 more.
and i'm too weak to solo most S missions.

relic edges are so random with how they dropped. spent ages randomly looking for them unsuccessfully, then three dropped within 20 missions! o.o;

Tetsaru
Jan 13, 2009, 05:06 PM
<tetsaru_rant>

1 - In my eyes, the market is nothing more than a "whoever has the lowest-priced items wins" contest. I'll bet there's not ONE person in here that, when buying materials from player shops and sorting them by price, gets anything other than the cheapest ones at the time of the search.

2 - Segac tends to whore out "rare" weapon/armor boards more often than the materials required to make them, often ridiculously making a single material worth more than a made weapon. Part of this problem lies within the fact that missions which are plentiful with these materials are only recently being released, due to the whole "drop-feed" method of releasing content that Segac loves so much. I would always have piles of weapon boards after events such as the current GBR, but rarely have stuff like Goldania, Catilium, or Walnas to make them, and when I FINALLY get to make the damned things, they're not a high % or are already obsolete by a random new item, so they're automatically worthless in the eyes of players who want the best stuff.

3 - True, but the "you're too damn lazy to get it yourself" argument can also be countered by:

"I have horrible luck with drop rates"

"I can't stand playing that mission"

"I play an online game to be with OTHER PEOPLE, NOT to solo for difficult drops so that no one else randomly gets them"

"I have a life outside of PSU."

</tetsaru_rant>

desturel
Jan 13, 2009, 05:20 PM
3 - True, but the "you're too damn lazy to get it yourself" argument can also be countered by:

As mentioned, Goldania in Scarred Planet A is like getting Amethad from White Beast/Hill of Spores A or Tormad from Lightning Beasts/Military Subway A. I don't remember which gem drops on Awoken Serpent A rank, but you need four people to get that one so it's not exactly the same thing.

Either way, the drop is consistent from the exact same place every mission. It's not a random drop and the drop rate on A rank is high enough that it isn't an issue.

That's your problem. I don't want to do the mission is synonymous with the I'm too damn lazy to find it myself argument. If you don't want to hunt it, don't complain when you have to buy it from people who do hunt it.

"I play an online game to be with OTHER PEOPLE, NOT to solo for difficult drops so that no one else randomly gets them"

Again, too lazy to hunt for it yourself, then pay the money. If you are running in a group with other people, you are getting runs done faster and getting more money than the people who are soloing.

LOL, the biggest cop out ever. The "I have a life" argument means that not only do you not care enough about the game to look for the items you need, you also take great pride in looking down on other people who do play the game.

While you are looking down your nose at other people, don't beg them for spare change (in this case Goldania). The "I'm better than you so you should give me this item that I can't get for myself" argument doesn't fly with me. There are three options here.

1) Work for what you want
2) Pay for the items that you didn't work for at the price others set for you
3) STFU

Real life works this way too amazingly enough.

Tetsaru
Jan 13, 2009, 11:19 PM

As mentioned, Goldania in Scarred Planet A is like getting Amethad from White Beast/Hill of Spores A or Tormad from Lightning Beasts/Military Subway A. I don't remember which gem drops on Awoken Serpent A rank, but you need four people to get that one so it's not exactly the same thing.

Either way, the drop is consistent from the exact same place every mission. It's not a random drop and the drop rate on A rank is high enough that it isn't an issue.

That's your problem. I don't want to do the mission is synonymous with the I'm too damn lazy to find it myself argument. If you don't want to hunt it, don't complain when you have to buy it from people who do hunt it.

Again, too lazy to hunt for it yourself, then pay the money. If you are running in a group with other people, you are getting runs done faster and getting more money than the people who are soloing.

LOL, the biggest cop out ever. The "I have a life" argument means that not only do you not care enough about the game to look for the items you need, you also take great pride in looking down on other people who do play the game.

While you are looking down your nose at other people, don't beg them for spare change (in this case Goldania). The "I'm better than you so you should give me this item that I can't get for myself" argument doesn't fly with me. There are three options here.

1) Work for what you want
2) Pay for the items that you didn't work for at the price others set for you
3) STFU

Real life works this way too amazingly enough.

1 - I never said that I was "better than" anyone, "looked down" on anyone, or "didn't care" about the game. I merely pointed out some poorly-designed aspects of the game. Stop putting words in my mouth.

2 - I am perfectly capable of hunting for items on my own. I just hate doing so due to the luck elements of the game, the fact that some missions are just plain stupid and/or annoying as hell, and the fact that doing so is more like work and less like playing a game for enjoyment. Why the hell would a near-max level character be soloing on A rank in the first place when he could be hanging out with his in-game friends doing something FUN? The whole purpose of an online game is to play with OTHER people. If I want to play by myself, I'll go play some Zelda or something...

3 - I guess my first argument about market prices being a contest was true, since you didn't refute it. I may have my moments, but I'm not as stupid as I may sound sometimes.

4 - I don't care WHAT you say, real life >>>>>> PSU, and although I wish I could play PSU more often, out in reality, I'm having to take 10 college courses this semester and having to worry about a scholarship that was recently changed to where I probably won't be receiving it anymore after this year. And you wonder why I refuse to pay ridiculous amounts for these in-game items... often times, I'm lucky if I have 3 mil on me.

Now then, if what was said about Goldania being in a fixed box is true, then thank you for your helpful information; perhaps you should submit it to PSO-World's database so that other players like me, who did not know of it, can benefit and avoid pointless bickering like this. But right now, the boards in my PM's will just have to collect even more dust, because I've got a music degree to work towards, and I simply don't have as much time to play PSU as much as I used to, unfortunately. =/

Sorry for the off-topic remarks, but I had to get that out of my system... >_<

ChibiBecca
Jan 14, 2009, 12:14 AM
i only got to run it once before getting kidnapped to do something else, but i did find a goldania in one of the area boxes in block 3. :3

SabZero
Jan 14, 2009, 08:48 AM
1 - I never said that I was "better than" anyone, "looked down" on anyone, or "didn't care" about the game. I merely pointed out some poorly-designed aspects of the game. Stop putting words in my mouth.

2 - I am perfectly capable of hunting for items on my own. I just hate doing so due to the luck elements of the game, the fact that some missions are just plain stupid and/or annoying as hell, and the fact that doing so is more like work and less like playing a game for enjoyment. Why the hell would a near-max level character be soloing on A rank in the first place when he could be hanging out with his in-game friends doing something FUN? The whole purpose of an online game is to play with OTHER people. If I want to play by myself, I'll go play some Zelda or something...

3 - I guess my first argument about market prices being a contest was true, since you didn't refute it. I may have my moments, but I'm not as stupid as I may sound sometimes.

4 - I don't care WHAT you say, real life >>>>>> PSU, and although I wish I could play PSU more often, out in reality, I'm having to take 10 college courses this semester and having to worry about a scholarship that was recently changed to where I probably won't be receiving it anymore after this year. And you wonder why I refuse to pay ridiculous amounts for these in-game items... often times, I'm lucky if I have 3 mil on me.

Now then, if what was said about Goldania being in a fixed box is true, then thank you for your helpful information; perhaps you should submit it to PSO-World's database so that other players like me, who did not know of it, can benefit and avoid pointless bickering like this. But right now, the boards in my PM's will just have to collect even more dust, because I've got a music degree to work towards, and I simply don't have as much time to play PSU as much as I used to, unfortunately. =/

Sorry for the off-topic remarks, but I had to get that out of my system... >_<

Thanks Testsaru.

As for the drop info, it was added to PSUPedia.info. I'll submit one for PSOW too then. It's not guaranteed, but very likely, if that helps ;)

Gibdozer
Jan 14, 2009, 06:53 PM
give it up tetsaru, desturel has your number on this one. that was prima-facie argument if i've ever heard it. Any way with 10 courses a semester u better jam ur nose in a book instead of posting losing arguments about PSU. 10 courses a semester lol what is that like 30 credit hours ur in a real hurry. what kind of university would even let someone attempt a double full time schedule? buy the goldania and shoot ur counselor

Tetsaru
Jan 14, 2009, 07:23 PM
give it up tetsaru, desturel has your number on this one. that was prima-facie argument if i've ever heard it. Any way with 10 courses a semester u better jam ur nose in a book instead of posting losing arguments about PSU. 10 courses a semester lol what is that like 30 credit hours ur in a real hurry. what kind of university would even let someone attempt a double full time schedule? buy the goldania and shoot ur counselor

Mainly due to the fact that the courses I'm taking are only offered during certain semesters, and also coincide with one another. Another reason being the requirements of my scholarship - having to be in so many ensembles, lessons for my instrument and area of study, etc. I've only ended up with 16 credit hours total, as most of my courses are only worth 1 or 2 hours... recital attendance is either pass or fail, with no credit hours involved, but as a music major, I have to take 6 semesters of it. That's just how it is. =/

As a result, I haven't had much time to play PSU, but then again, I'm still in my first week of this semester, so perhaps I can manage my time better to do so. If everyone's going to gripe about how about how I feel about this fun, but poorly made game (and I hope most people will agree with me on that part, at least), perhaps I have little reason to play in the first place (and it's a lot quicker to read and post on a forum than it is being involved with something in-game). But back on-topic, that would STILL mean Goldania would be a pain for me to obtain, regardless of whether I hunt for it or throw away my money to random people for it. If I can't play, I can't hunt extensively OR obtain money from missions - it's as simple as that. I doubt anyone with half a brain can try to refute that.

Now that everyone knows my life story, can we PLEASE drop this subject!? I'm sorry I may not meet eye to eye with some people, but I refuse to talk about this any further.

rayner
Jan 15, 2009, 08:42 AM
What I always do is say... what do I want to hunt? Goldania... I won't go an do an A rank mission to get that Goldania. I may take my alts to Unsafe Passage to level PA's or I'll do Sleeping Warriors S2. I'll sell all the Olpad, Diad, Grinder Base S, Nanopolymers & Catilium and then buy that much in Goldania. I find that mission really good for Materials and Material-trades. If I do 3 runs I'll get 2 - 3 Nanopolymers, 2 - 3 Catilium, and a few olpad & diad. That will sell for 6 - 7 Goldania... better than doing an A rank and getting junk and 3 Goldania... and if you find 1 Relic Edge that's about 10 Goldania right there :-)

desturel
Jan 15, 2009, 10:45 AM
4 - I don't care WHAT you say, real life >>>>>> PSU, and although I wish I could play PSU more often, out in reality, I'm having to take 10 college courses this semester and having to worry about a scholarship that was recently changed to where I probably won't be receiving it anymore after this year.

"I have a life" is a cop out and will always be a cop out. Using a blanket statement is ignorant in that you have no idea what the person you are saying it to is doing or has done.

I play with a person who is on military disability because he lost his legs fighting in Iraq. He plays all day. I have another person who has a liver problem who can't work. He plays all day. I have another person who is retired. He plays all day. I personally work for 12 hours a day 6 days a week and am on call when I am not working.

I never seriously use the "well I have a real life so you guys get more stuff than me" argument. This game is easy enough that most of the things I want to find, I can find in the time I have to play. If you don't want to spend the time or don't have the time to spend to obtain what you are looking for in this game, that is not anyone's problem but your own. Don't make excuses for yourself.

You choose to spend your free time in a different way than someone else did. Why should they have to modify they way they are doing something to accommodate you? Goldania isn't even a limited item. It's always at the same spot on the same mission. You want it, you can go get it at any time.

You don't have time to hunt Goldania on your own? Okay.
You don't want to spend the money you have on Goldania? Fine.

You don't need to have Goldania then. It's not your priority. You made a decision to spend your time looking for and obtaining something else. You chose to ignore one item in the game in favor of another. Don't automatically assume that the people who chose to hunt the item that you put a lower priority on have more free time than you do.

Your real life should never come into an argument about the pricing of an item in a game. It has no legitimate place in the argument.

darkante
Jan 15, 2009, 10:51 AM
" I personally work for 12 hours a day 6 days a week and am on call when I am not working.

Holy shit, do you get any freetime at all?
Sorry, for straying off topic but i´m just impressed you manage. =P

Billy Mitchell
Jan 15, 2009, 10:54 AM
I'm too busy getting it on with my girl to hunt goldania!

LOL!~

desturel
Jan 15, 2009, 11:56 AM
Holy shit, do you get any freetime at all?
Sorry, for straying off topic but i´m just impressed you manage. =P

I have plenty of free time. My job is such that I can be on the internet while I'm at work and I can also work from home on certain days, so it's a lot of free time as long as I am near a computer and get any work I have done. It's much more free time than my last job as a sys admin at a hospital. That was on call 24/7 and no browsing the net while at work (which was about ten hours a day five days a week).