PDA

View Full Version : PC/360 optimized

ShuttleXpC
Jan 13, 2009, 03:38 PM
That stinks =/.

Well, either way 360 version looks way better on HDTV compared to my PC. So I guess I can let it lag some >: (.

JAFO22000
Jan 13, 2009, 03:58 PM
The PC version should look better if you are using a decent PC setup.

Remember that this game was originally to be only PS2 and PC. The 360 was added in late in the game and thus has coding which is not optimized for the system.

amtalx
Jan 13, 2009, 04:03 PM
Both are in the same place, California. The 360 version isn't programmed as well as the pc version.

Actually, they both suck.

Rambo!
Jan 13, 2009, 04:23 PM
Actually, they both suck.

Very true just pc are much better and executing unoptimized code since they do it normally anyway. Consoles are designed to execute highly optimized code, since they are all the same they can do this without problems but when a game such as psu gets ported and not optimized for the system you get they problems and the game will not perform as well as a decent pc. He is right though this game is not well coded for any system.

Yunfa
Jan 13, 2009, 04:36 PM
But, my 73" Sony TV beats any PC Monitor! >8D

amtalx
Jan 13, 2009, 05:13 PM
Very true just pc are much better and executing unoptimized code since they do it normally anyway. Consoles are designed to execute highly optimized code, since they are all the same they can do this without problems but when a game such as psu gets ported and not optimized for the system you get they problems and the game will not perform as well as a decent pc. He is right though this game is not well coded for any system.

Not really, its more complicated than that. PCs aren't any better at running unoptimized code than any other platform. The only difference between optimized code and unoptimized code is the memory usage and number of instructions you end up with in the machine code, from a performance standpoint anyway. A PC just has the potential for more memory and a higher CPU clock speed, but if that's that case, you aren't comparing the system architecture. You are just throwing better hardware at the problem.

ngagerebel
Jan 13, 2009, 08:53 PM
Not really, its more complicated than that. PCs aren't any better at running unoptimized code than any other platform. The only difference between optimized code and unoptimized code is the memory usage and number of instructions you end up with in the machine code, from a performance standpoint anyway. A PC just has the potential for more memory and a higher CPU clock speed, but if that's that case, you aren't comparing the system architecture. You are just throwing better hardware at the problem.

you definitely make a good argument. I would have to agree with you on this. I will have to say that when I had a awesome PC and a HD video card PSU look awesome, there is one thing the 360 does better than its counterparts, the rendering of the player avatars, they load much quicker on the 360 than ps2 and pc... but then again I also install psu to my hard drive on the 360 and noticed a better improvement on loading and such... since a HDD can be read a little faster than a disc that is scratched to all hell...

does anyone still use the ps2 to play this game?! if they do I kinda feel sorry for them I started out on the ps2 and I HATED the loading and the lag... plus I love the voice chat on the 360

Will_Nonheim
Jan 14, 2009, 12:33 AM
The idea for PS2 players like me probably should be that they don't do it by pure choice; my computer is a slightly dated iMac from just prior to the Intel generation, and therefore cannot run PSU even if I wanted it to, and I was on the 360 version before and didn't really like the type of community. I'll admit I find my loading times and lag to suck badly, and if I can, I'll eventually get the PC version somehow, but for now I'll just be happy that I've got the PS2 version instead of just nothing at all.

ngagerebel
Jan 14, 2009, 02:13 AM
The idea for PS2 players like me probably should be that they don't do it by pure choice; my computer is a slightly dated iMac from just prior to the Intel generation, and therefore cannot run PSU even if I wanted it to, and I was on the 360 version before and didn't really like the type of community. I'll admit I find my loading times and lag to suck badly, and if I can, I'll eventually get the PC version somehow, but for now I'll just be happy that I've got the PS2 version instead of just nothing at all.

honestly I don't see a difference in a the community, granted there are more immature younger gens playing on the 360 than the ps2 but regardless your always going to find people you don't like no matter what.

I kinda refuse to go back to the ps2/pc servers. frankly people where more rude to me there than on the 360 side, that and all the friends I did make moved on to bigger and better games*.

* I don't know what bigger and better online games for the ps2 were but I think they where just tired of lack of updates and then he expansion being released before all the content was released from the original disc and still the lack of updates. I transitioned to the 360 side when the expansion came out... dear lord its been a year... holy cow... I suck at online gaming lol... barely reaching lvl 86 lol...

I remember playing EQ on the ps2... that was fun... horrible though...