PDA

View Full Version : Wartechers: What do you think?

Spartan Law
Jan 13, 2009, 08:20 PM
Wartechers are THE only non basic class that does not have higher than 30 PA's in anything. Personally I think this stops alot of people playing as the class. I know personally that I love trying out the different melee classes but I really don't like either having to limit my skills down to 30 or not be able to use the class to level PA's past 30.

Whilst I am aware it is possible to avoid WT completely to level skills I think its widely accepted that a bit of variety helps to keep things fun. If WT were given 40 skill I would switch my main to WT to level the class whilst levelling twin daggers and Single Daggers whilst experimenting with TECHS too.

Anyways, as for the poll:

Do you think reducing Wartechers Bullet level to 10 (from 20) whilst increasing its Skill from 30 to 40 is a good idea?

This suggestion puts Wartechers completely inline with Guntechers (who have 40 bullet and 10 skill).

Rambo!
Jan 13, 2009, 08:25 PM
I agree wartecher should be 40 skill 30 tech and buff and 10 bullet with a little bit of extra atp and hp that class would be balanced pretty well

Dhylec
Jan 13, 2009, 08:27 PM
It could work - it could be an alternative for WT.
I play WT knowing I'm a jack of all trades & master of none. That I have come to accept. I play for fun, not to ace anyone in anything. I have no fancy weapons to PAs to show off - the kind that I can associate with. ;]

Rayokarna
Jan 13, 2009, 08:37 PM
I would rather keep my 3 bullet Cards thank you very much.

Erkthemerc
Jan 13, 2009, 09:09 PM
Then what is the point in giving wartechers the ability to use a longbow and cards, the class is fun how it is...

The_Brimada
Jan 13, 2009, 09:14 PM
All I'd like for WT is S rank saber/swords... lol

Their skill levels are fine with me.

Spartan Law
Jan 13, 2009, 09:19 PM

Then what is the point in giving wartechers the ability to use a longbow and cards, the class is fun how it is...

I thought this was an open and close situation but apparently not!

GT's still have access to melee weapons even though they only have 10 skill but I see your point in the sense that WT has Longbow and Cards which would be even less useful with 10 bullet than with 20.

In your opinion though you truly think those 10 levels of Bullet for those 2 ranged weapons are worth 10 levels of Skill for 10 weapons? Maybe its just me but Cards/Longbows aren't the first thing that springs to mind when I think of Wartecher. ^^;

@ Brimada: I've never tried the class as i stated earlier and sabers aren't my favourite weapons anyways but I think from a more basic standpoint, WT being the only expert or better class that can't do anything to 40 seems awfully unfair. I only suggested lowering the bullet limit as that would make it equivalent to GT.

Kumlekar
Jan 13, 2009, 09:21 PM
what I'd really like to see is wartechers being given the ability to cast basic techs while moving, but since that would never happen, i guess I'll just have to hope for a ATP increase.

Rayokarna
Jan 13, 2009, 09:24 PM
I thought this was an open and close situation but apparently not!

GT's still have access to melee weapons even though they only have 10 skill but I see your point in the sense that WT has Longbow and Cards which would be even less useful with 10 bullet than with 20.

In your opinion though you truly think those 10 levels of Bullet for those 2 ranged weapons are worth 10 levels of Skill for 10 weapons? Maybe its just me but Cards/Longbows aren't the first thing that springs to mind when I think of Wartecher. ^^;

Keeps things balanced. Cards are so useful as a WT and the 3rd bullet really helps with SE and damage output. I would rather not loose that (Nor having half decent Lonbows and Handguns too). WT is completely fine how it is. I does its job nicely.

Ezodagrom
Jan 13, 2009, 09:28 PM
Another suggestion could be WT with 40/20/30/30 and GT with 20/40/30/30...
In my opinion, even WT with 40/20/40/30 and GT with 20/40/30/40 wouldn't be overpowered, due to their lower stats compared to many other classes ^^.

unicorn
Jan 13, 2009, 10:17 PM
In my opinion, even WT with 40/20/40/30 and GT with 20/40/30/40 wouldn't be overpowered, due to their lower stats compared to many other classes ^^.

This.

Wartecher and Guntecher really need more PA levels. They're hybrids, so of course they're supposed to have more access to things than more specialized types. It kinda sucks that they're versatile, but pretty mediocre at everything.

The_Brimada
Jan 13, 2009, 10:23 PM
I do agree giving WT lvl 40 skills will draw more people to the type, but simply changing some weapon grades to S may draw some in as well. Doesn't necessarily have to be the ones I named earlier though. The s rank selection is what really puts me off of WT( I like pretty weapons, sorry). I really only recently came back to it when they got the s upgrade to knuckles and a rank swords since its some of my favorite weapon types.

When I'm a WT I'm a force that can nuke, support, use majarra hax, slash my sword, and swing my whip around like a madman.

I like my 3rd card bullet, but 40 skills would be nicer though, yeah. :p

Magician
Jan 14, 2009, 07:05 AM
No.

I would prefer they get level thirty bullets and s-rank cards, than level fourty skills.

Or keep the skills at level thirty and give WT s-rank sword and/or claw.

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2009, 07:56 AM
Actually, having level better bullets compared to better melee skills is not as balanced as you think. Those are just numbers. The gain for 40 melee skill is higher than the gain for level 40 bullets with one exception, the rifle bullet. Though it's hard to say how big an advantage of a knockdown effect is compared to all the melee with knockdown. The true balancing factor is Just Attack. That and the minor aspect of them being tanks and yet have a full arsenal of techs at their disposal. And then there's the aspect of GTs melee being highly situational compared to the WTs more utilitarian bullet use. If in general level 40 bullet = 40 skill, this might be different.

stukasa
Jan 14, 2009, 11:44 AM
Another suggestion could be WT with 40/20/30/30 and GT with 20/40/30/30...
I agree, I think that would be pretty good. ^^ WT and GT are fun classes but they're not very good, especially compared to most of the other classes. Giving them a PA level boost might encourage more people to give them a try.

Kylie
Jan 14, 2009, 01:05 PM
As much I would love leveling whip skills again, I'd rather have more ATP and TP than I would higher level skills. I don't like to be left alone on WT. People say it's a good solo class, but I feel so slow by myself on it.

I wouldn't mind sacrificing bullets though because I rarely use them on WT.

Ken_Silver
Jan 14, 2009, 01:38 PM
I'm going to hae this idea a big negatory.

I like my current Lv 20 ranged skills. Makes having access to a bow and cards useful. Perhaps giving WT's 30 across the board and insane DFP would make the class "Even" to the other classess.

Whatever happened to being the TANK class on PSU?

Powder Keg
Jan 14, 2009, 02:07 PM

Agreed.

DEM_CIG
Jan 14, 2009, 03:07 PM
They should just remove wartecher from psu completely, its a horrible class... JK, lol. I actually like wartecher the way it is just because it it probly the most versitile class in the game. Dont get me wrong level 40 skills would be good, but it would it have the versitility that it has now. Im sure sega made wartecher like they did 4 a reason (I wouldn't mind having level 40 whips though =))

Tsavo
Jan 14, 2009, 03:41 PM
YES

Level 40 skills might actually give them a chance. I would sacrifice just about anything WT has right now though to tget a shot at that though. Really I don't see why they can't have them now, their low accuracy and bullet levels keep their range damage in check and with the GT update they have the weakest magic in the game. Add on top of that the weakest melee of any meleeing class and mediocre base stats and you have why no one plays them anymore. Level 40 skills wouldn't make them broken, it'd make them bearable.

Ffuzzy-Logik
Jan 14, 2009, 04:43 PM
They should just remove wartecher from psu completely, its a horrible class...
Agreed.

autumn
Jan 14, 2009, 05:33 PM
I wouldn't be adverse to a buff to WT although I don't know if level 40 skills would be my first choice. I think a ATP or TP buff would benefit the type much better. GT gets great TP, at level 140 my newman GT buddy was waaaaayyy closer to my newman FT TP then I thought they should be as a hybrid and I know a newman WT doesn't have anywhere near that much TP. (and yeah before the comments start I know newman is not the optimal race for either WT or GT, I'm just making the point)

Rayokarna
Jan 14, 2009, 08:09 PM
Im going to join the 'Wartecher is fine as fun as it is' club.

VetroDrago
Jan 15, 2009, 03:26 AM
I'm surprised there isn't more bashing of WT. It's fine the way it is, and is still my fav class.

Spartan Law
Jan 15, 2009, 08:41 AM
I see there has been a no change option added which I'd left out in the first place because I wanted to know peoples idea's on that specific change but overall I think there is consensus that Wartecher and Guntecher to an extent would be more on par with the other classes with some form of adjustment.

If some change was applied to GT/WT that made them perfectly great in YOUR opinion, not overpowered but a very solid and fair upgrade. It doesn't matter what specifically the changes would be but as a side question I'm interested in knowing:

If GT/WT were updated to YOUR satisfaction, which class, if any, would be the one needing adjustments after that? (If you already feel GT/WT are fine, which class do you feel needs looking at?)

Will_Nonheim
Jan 15, 2009, 09:16 AM
If you ask me, if WT got any kind of update from its current status, pretty much most other classes would require a boost of 10 levels in some type of PA.
I've played WT until I capped it, and to me the class turned out to be a very Human-friendly one in the sense that it's a jack-of-all-trades class. You use a bit of everything but are a master of none.
You buff, you attack with spells and melee weapons both, and you've got some ability with ranged weapons. Personally my palette had 2 slots for pure melee, 2 slots for pure spellcasting (Mags for buffing, wands for attacking), one slot for heal/single-handed melee and one slot for the bow. That bow honestly was of great use fairly frequently to me, so I wouldn't take it away.
So it's true it might not be the best choice for PA levelling, but up until weapons and spells reach 30 I figure it's an option.