PDA

View Full Version : Telepipe opened up with pillars and lion

GUN
Jan 14, 2009, 08:16 AM
Was on the second level (snowy one (RAmar)) when a Telepipe opened up with fancy stone pillars, and ornate roof and a lion's head at it's base - when I enterred, it whipped me into a smallish amphitheatre with three snow Hildebear type things, one red - got about two more rounds of this and then six gold crates appeared.

The crowds were clapping :) -

After that, stepped back through the pipe and voila, back where I started?

Is this a fairly rare event?

Frokko
Jan 14, 2009, 08:24 AM
Whoa! I've never heard of anything like this!

You should have taken pics of the place cuz it sounds awesome! :D

What difficult level where you playing?

Aumi
Jan 14, 2009, 08:26 AM
It's the arena. You find it randomly some times. I've had it two times myself.

GUN
Jan 14, 2009, 08:33 AM
Ah, that makes sense -

Still to find my first red box :( still , never mind :)

I was playing on normal Frokko btw

Akaimizu
Jan 14, 2009, 09:36 AM
You mean this is a random occurrence??? Wow!

What's really funny is that *ahem* hidden arena showed up in my first ever random online game. The very first mission I did online.

SammaeltheDark
Jan 14, 2009, 12:52 PM
The Arena sure likes to pop up more often than the rare rooms. I think the worst one I was in was in the Plant on Hard. It was filled with Arczines (the big robots with the high-damage missiles).. that hurt more than the one I found that was filled with Phoboseseseses

Azure_wave
Jan 14, 2009, 05:23 PM
ah i've had two occurrences with the arena so far. i think each time hosts a rare monster for that area.

_Vyser_
Jan 14, 2009, 05:34 PM
That's random? I got it in the same general area two times in a row on that mission on Hard. That's the only mission I've found that area in though (only did the first three levels on hard so far).

Mike
Jan 14, 2009, 07:51 PM
The arena does seem to be one of the more common random events. It's always the strong enemy of the level with the rare variation thrown in too.

Azure_wave
Jan 14, 2009, 11:38 PM
Has anyone had any luck getting red boxes in the arena? I have a friend who told me that drop chances increase or something or other. I'm a bit skeptical on that though.

Bassz
Jan 21, 2009, 11:36 PM
I got 3-5 red boxes in the stage with crystals as the background.

As for the Arena, I've seen them in screenshots (Nintendo Power one), with those yeti monsters in a brown background.

_Vyser_
Jan 21, 2009, 11:57 PM
Yeah, I always get a few good items every time I find the arena. The drop rate might be better, but having a few rare monsters in the spawns surely helps the rewards.

Mike
Jan 22, 2009, 01:14 AM
but having a few rare monsters in the spawns surely helps the rewards.

This, I think.