PDA

View Full Version : PSU Xbox360 version

ShadowFox9R
Jan 14, 2009, 03:54 PM
Just picked up the game on ebay brand new. I loved Phantasy Star Online for the dreamcast and was wondering if this similiar. Another question is if they have voice chat in the game and if alot of players are still playing?

ashley50
Jan 14, 2009, 04:01 PM
totally different game :l

Chaos320
Jan 14, 2009, 04:05 PM
I will admit i have never played the version for the dream cast but from what i hear its 150% different, but i mean do you really wanna play a game thats the same on a new system? not worth it to me. Also if you need help with anything feel free to hit me up on there and ill help you out!

GamerTag is Chaos320, but i wont have a xbox till friday due to an awesome red-ring episode :'(

JAFO22000
Jan 14, 2009, 04:09 PM
PSU is not "totally different" from PSO. In order for that to be true, it'd have to be a racing game or a platformer or something.

PSU does differ from PSO in a lot of ways, but at it's core it is the same type of game. General consensus seems to be that if you liked PSO you will also like PSU.

There are still plenty of people playing on all platforms for you to still enjoy this game.

Chaos320
Jan 14, 2009, 04:13 PM
o yea, the game rocks and i love it!

That being said though my buddy who played pso like it was god's baby or something hated the living crud out of psu.

Me having never played pso i love psu and i want friday to come now :/

desturel
Jan 14, 2009, 04:50 PM
General consensus seems to be that if you liked PSO you will also like PSU.

There's also the small group of people who can't get over the fact that PSU is not PSO and will constantly complain about the differences between the two games.

Why can't forces lock onto targets
Why can't forces have a striking attack on their wands and rods.
Why was TP and MST switched in the stats.
Why can't hunters heal themselves.
Why are casts using Techs?
What the heck happened to Rafoie? It went from badass to weak.
What, no dual machine guns?
Why is TP/PP on the weapon now instead of on the character?
Casts can't regen anymore? That sucks.
Where's my Trap vision.
Where's my Telepipe.
Why do I have to go to all of these different lobbies to start a mission. Pioneer 2 and the lobby servers were good enough.
What the heck are Beasts?
Ground spells? Why am I throwing turds at creatures?
No meseta charge weapons?
No Berserk weapons? (although there will be one eventually and there is a berserk photon art)
WTF?! Grinding Breaks my weapons now?
Things only grind to 10 instead of having unique grind rates?
No mono/di/trifluid?
No di/trigrinders
Why do weapons fail when synthing? I miss just getting them evaluated. :(

Of course there's also the good points.

Oh, I can switch classes without remaking my character.
I can choose any race to do any job?
Thank goodness I don't have to go through 50 different names before I find one with a section ID that I wanted.
Combat is much more fluid now that I don't have to time my attacks.
There's a lot of new places to look at. New lobbies are always nice.
Having my choice of clothing instead of being pigeon-holed by my class is good.
Megid is actually useful for once!
No Chaos Sorcerer/Bringers! (Gaozoran and Carriguine are pretty bad though)
Wow, monsters can actually walk through doors now. I can't just sit right outside of a room and spam Gifoie/spread needle if I'm under leveled.
Techs are actually useful on "Ultimate" mode? Creature's elemental resistance isn't absolute anymore. That's really nice.
Okay, so feeding my "mag" sol atomizers and monomates all raise the same attribute. I can get use to that, I just have to figure out what I need to feed it now. (later on), oh wow, my mag actually fights with me instead of just floating over my shoulder. Sure I miss the photon blast, but it's pretty cool to have a little helper on the missions.

Basically, the true test is if you can get over all of the differences and enjoy the game for what it is. I know a number of people who have been playing PSU for two years now and they are still constantly comparing it to PSO, but you know what? They are still playing PSU. So no matter how much they bitch, they don't have enough issue with the game to not play it. And that's the bottom line. :)

OG GhettoNerd
Jan 14, 2009, 04:50 PM
I also had the game for Dreamcast as well as the Xbox1. There are alot of simularity's, but yes the 360 version is completly different! I do think you will fall in love with the game though. Voice in game as well as party chat on the 360 version is cool as well. At first it may seem tedious, but as soon as you lvl your mag up and climb a few lvl's your self you will be having a blast.

P.S. Just wait till you get your first photon art over 21 and you'll see what I mean. lol

Billy Mitchell
Jan 14, 2009, 05:02 PM
The state of PSU when originally released was an abortion. It's quite different now.

The game is enjoyable. The upkeep from Sega is the new abortion.

ShadowFox9R
Jan 14, 2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks guys, I can't wait to pick up the game. My Gamertag is ShadowFox9R if you want to throw me an invite. Again thanks for all the info