PDA

View Full Version : road RAAAAGE!!!

Sayara
Jan 15, 2009, 05:26 PM
so. Road Rage. Yeah i know, everyone has it sometimes.

Cursing at that old lady behind your breathe as she drives gimpedly,
Honkin your horn to the girl on her celphone.
Shouting at the homeboy who cut you off, or the SUV behind you tailgating.

Its a part of human nature to get mad i guess but... where is there a LIMIT to this rage?

I think, while its bad enough to curse someone out for doing something wrong like that but to
freaking open your window and VERBALLY harasss the lady walking on the street to get off the road "fucking moron" is IS BEYOND what is should be permittable.

It just blows my mind because this isn't even in the city!
THIS IS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD.

Inazuma
Jan 15, 2009, 05:35 PM
here is how ive always handled being tailgated and it works great.

drive VERY slow! normally i drive about 5 mph over the speed limit, but if i notice some asshole is tailgating me, i will slow down to about 10 mph under the speed limit. the tailgater always changes lanes and passes me. and after that, i return to my normal speed. sometimes when the tailgater sees me speed up again, he will go back behind me. guess what, i just do it again, lol.

Sayara
Jan 15, 2009, 05:38 PM
i dont exactly care about the tailgaiting exactly, just the bolded part is what discourages me

McLaughlin
Jan 15, 2009, 06:50 PM
There's a house on my way to school (well, several of them, but this one's especially amusing) whose residents never shovel their sidewalks. This results in me having to trudge through the snow at a slower pace.

One time the guy got home while I was walking by his driveway and started honking at me. I looked up, shrugged and kept walking, albeit much slower. Then he rolled down his window and told me to get out of the fucking way.

I asked him if we could switch places, so he could walk through the foot of snow and I could sit in the nice, warm car. He said no, so I flipped him the bird and continued on.

Now, every time I walk by and it's not shovelled I call the bylaw enforcement officers and he gets a handy dandy fine.

Powder Keg
Jan 15, 2009, 07:38 PM
I might have minor road rage....I never scream or anything like that, but I curse a lot at people who drive too slow, take too long to turn, or don't use turn signals.

Making gestures or staring at them is going over the top though...I wouldn't go that far.

Aorre
Jan 15, 2009, 08:11 PM
If I needed a car and drove one, I'd probably give the "fuck you" finger to problematic drivers. Let everything get out of hand after that. ^^

CupOfCoffee
Jan 15, 2009, 08:56 PM
My roomie has some road rage tenancies, but he's such a calm and unflusterable person normally that what comes out of him is pretty funny. If someone cuts him off he'll say, "geez..." in this really hurt, moping kind of way. I guess he has road sorrow, actually.

Aorre
Jan 15, 2009, 08:58 PM
Road Sorrow? o_O
How interesting, lol

Kylie
Jan 15, 2009, 10:50 PM
There's definitely a line between getting upset about something and going into "rage mode" (yes, I've been playing the lastest Mortal Kombat -- see: signature) that should visible. If it's not, maybe the person has anger issues and should seek help. I don't know why people seem to have such hot heads while driving, but I've seen it too. :$

Syl
Jan 16, 2009, 01:22 AM
I remember when I went to Vegas to visit Mr. Icespike and ShinAnt and we headed out to Taco Bell. So we get to the drive through and order our stuff and this crazy woman starts honking behind us. She just got there and started going nuts O_o

So we pull up towards the window extremely slowly to mess with her and then you can hear her rev the engine. We get the food and pullout slowly again for an added laugh. As soon as we pull up to the curb to get onto the street, she speeds out from behind us and just floors it out to the street.

I was like "What a bitch." which is saying a lot, coming from me >_>

W0LB0T
Jan 16, 2009, 01:51 AM
You gotta remember that driving is an intense, high risk form of transport (not as bad as water skiing on crocodiles). where you lay your shit on the line for that one moment of glory. Your controling huge metal stallions worth thousands of dollars and speeds unachevable by humans, and of course people are gonna be on edge. its not like walking, where you bump into someone and shrug it off. when shit goes wrong on the streets, shit goes wrong. injury and Massive wads of dosh to fix your car, possibly even death.

There is this one intersection which causes many a drama which I use almost everyday. this one in perticualr is a 5 way intersection which 'round these parts is stark bollock fucking nuts. many "Casual" (aka my word for n00b's) drivers fuck it up with supreme idiocy. mostly where drivers can't follow the right lane properly when turing right (thats the same as turning left to you yanks) causing them to cut off any one who knows what the fuck they are doing. but funniest of all is when they go down the wrong road, into incomming traffic. when i first saw that I had quite a good laugh.

Vanzazikon
Jan 16, 2009, 02:14 AM
I remember one time when I stopped before a crosswalk at an intersection and another driver stopped on the crosswalk besides me. A pedestrian, also a hobo, began walking across. When he realizes the driver next to me was on the crosswalk, he yelled, "Back up you fucking moron!" This caused the driver to put his car in reverse, release the brakes and give a hard stomp on the gas sending him 3 ft back, luckily there were no cars behind him. I seriously lmao. :lol:

amtalx
Jan 16, 2009, 09:44 AM
I usually just mutter some sarcastic insult under my breath and let that be the end of it.

BBonez
Jan 16, 2009, 11:45 AM
Road rage is all over NYC xD Hell, there's sidewalk rage in Manhattan >_>

Tessu
Jan 16, 2009, 02:57 PM
I don't think I've ever experienced road RAGE myself, if someone's being annoying with their driving I just kinda sigh.

There was one instance, though, where... to be honest I wasn't paying enough attention to know what was really going on, but some lady in her giant car passed by us and leaned out her window and started yelling. Then my little twelve-year-old sister stuck her head out and shouted FUCK YOU and shocked the lady so much that she ducked back into her car.

It was pretty cool.

MetaZedlen
Jan 16, 2009, 03:34 PM
^ Well at least your sister is good for something...

I can be quite the demon when it comes to me driving, not because I'm like an asshole or anything when I'm on the road, but when I have to get somewhere, I wanna get there, ESPECIALLY when it comes to the freeway...

navci
Jan 18, 2009, 06:06 PM
Ya know.
Long time ago I used to think people just angry. And if they get too angry they go out and start yelling at the other people. But then nowadays if that happen then the angry person sometimes get shot or killed.

I find it interesting that no one would like to be wrong and if they find themselves in that position some sorts of violence is somehow an acceptable way to deal with it.

ya, what the hell man

Sharkyland
Jan 19, 2009, 02:15 AM
Being a USPS employee, I have to control my rage. Trying to obey my state's driving laws faithfully is sometimes hard when people around you aren't doing it. Makes me want to be a police officer and just chase these people and give them their proper 'points added' tickets.

I curse under my breath when there are potential hazards on the road:
- Driving under the speed limit (if the weather isn't bad) like on the highway by 15mph is illegal because it can disrupt traffic flow.
- People who do not put on their turn signals. (By Maryland law, if you are unsure about your position and dunno when a turn is going to come up, it is okay to put on your hazard blinkers to warn other cars.)
- People who turn and take a lane (or two) of the opposing traffic's lane. (Yeah, I know all of us are trying to save gas by not hitting our brakes and trying to maintenance a good speed to accelerate again. Sharper the turn, the slower you need to go.)

Makes me want to take a video camera and put it my dashboard then send this stuff to the police.