PDA

View Full Version : Traps...yay or nay?

Ceipe
Jan 16, 2009, 03:32 PM
I always liked being a Cast, being able to recover HP while not moving seing traps all around and SPECIALLY being able to place traps and do some crowd control (yes i know it's WOW terminology, but this is an MMO afterall). However now traps are not only not recharged when you level, but you have to purchase them and even worse, they take up space in your inventory, which makes me think...is this the greatest downside to Casts or what? I'd really change to Humar, but...I'm a fan of Rangers and not so much of cowboys, heh.

xSHiNOx
Jan 16, 2009, 04:16 PM
well, if you do quests, you can increase your inventory space up to a total of 80 or so. besides, its not like you will carry many weapons, armors, miscellaneous items.

all the casts i see dont use their potential ie. use traps. all they do is avoid them and use their hunters to attack.

Azure_wave
Jan 16, 2009, 05:46 PM
It seems the traps have become more of a hindrance to have now. Non-casts don't really need to worry about them on the field either from what i see since they're easily avoidable once they're activated (from my experiences). But eh it hasn't really crossed my mind to buy traps at all.

Ceipe
Jan 16, 2009, 05:53 PM
I used to use my traps all over the place, but that was in PSO for the GCN, where the targetting system actually allowed for you to explode the trap safelly and you were allowed to use the traps w/o having to hotfix it. But since there's only one d-pad it would be a bit harder to open a menu to choose them and not be able to move. However I'll try to do the quest for the 80 slots, I'm currently just after the attack to the city, so if the quests (which i can't seem to distinguish the new ones from the old ones) for the 80 is out there i'll try to figure out which one is it.

Azure_wave
Jan 16, 2009, 05:59 PM
Good luck ^_^. I'm up to 60 slots myself right now. Although I forgot which quests it was that gave them to me.

That aside though, can't you place the trap on your command palette and press to place?

Ceipe
Jan 16, 2009, 06:04 PM
Ya, thats the way to do it, however they're on a timer so it either well timed or damn sheer luck.

Rakukojin
Jan 16, 2009, 06:18 PM
the only traps I've seen any use for so far are the HP traps which double as moon atomizers (or a scape doll if timed well enough). beyond that, I haven't had to use any of the other traps, really. I keep a full compliment just in case though. better safe than sorry.

xSHiNOx
Jan 16, 2009, 06:37 PM
the fire trap isnt that bad if used against enemeis with lots of hp (that big monkey, those big golems in dark shrine, etc)

Amherst_Wind
Jan 16, 2009, 06:39 PM
Unfortunately the traps in PS Zero follow the awful PSU system instead of the superior PSO sysytem. Its a shame, in PSO they were very useful but no matter how cheap they make them its still a pain to have to buy them.

btw you get two item pack upgrades just from levelling up to 20 and 40 as Title rewards, they both increase your pack by 10. The rest of the upgrades are from the Eternal Tower quests.

Mike
Jan 16, 2009, 08:19 PM
If you're playing with a force, you'll find out rather quickly that heal traps are the only traps with lasting power. Monsters can only be under 3 different effects at one time: one element, attack debuff, and defense debuff. So if you burn an enemy and then a force spams zonde to stun it, the stun overwrites the burn and you're out of a heat trap.

_Vyser_
Jan 16, 2009, 09:38 PM
I tried using traps today, but I found it was kind of a waste of space. I killed things fast enough as is, so I don't think I need them. I might start using them once I switch over to super hard mode, since I'll probably be a tad under-leveled for abit.

Moniker
Jan 17, 2009, 12:16 AM
Heal traps are really the only ones worth using anymore, anyway. I do appreciate the Moon Atomizer effect.

Azure_wave
Jan 17, 2009, 03:07 AM
I haven't really experimented with traps after PSU. Does the heal trap really have the moon atomizer effect? Or is it all just timing for the most part?

Mike
Jan 17, 2009, 03:15 AM
It'll moon atomizer anyone in range, even yourself.

Azure_wave
Jan 17, 2009, 03:26 AM
Ah so say for example, I manage to drop one before I die it'll activate and revive me if I'm around it? Pretty sweet I guess. I'll definitely keep that in mind form now on. Thanks for that tidbit of info :D