PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to get a decent weapon?

sammyclemens
Jan 16, 2009, 07:15 PM
I'm level 19 Humar, and still have the level 5 scythe-style weapon just grinded up.
As far as offline goes, I just opened up what I believe is the dark area.
It doesn't help that I can't read Japanese and all and still may be feeding my mag good things I don't even know, but almost always I see weapons that are generally useless and way below my level anyway, especially during the main offline game, and also online.
Where should I try to focus my energy, since I know that most every weapon sold at the weapon stores are poor and overpriced?
Also what should I be looking for period?
And how do I use cane style weapons by the way?
I always used to use sword and range weapons in PSO, and I also haven't played that game since I changed to broadband almost 3 years ago. So honestly my memory's faded.

Thanks again

Name's SOYBOM in PSZ by the way.

xSHiNOx
Jan 16, 2009, 07:28 PM
the store sells weapons and armors up to lv24. after that you will have to find your stuff. just keep playing and eventually you will find better weapons and armors (play on hard and super hard)

btw, HUmars cant use cane weapons as those are for forces.

Azure_wave
Jan 16, 2009, 08:26 PM
You're just looking for something better than the current weapon you're using? Usually if it were me, I'd stick with it but I tend to look for the weapons that just look flashy so performance doesn't really bother much with me. That aside, if it's available to you, try out the Eternal Tower quest on hard/SH mode. My runs are usually fruitful in terms of better equipment.

Amherst_Wind
Jan 16, 2009, 08:32 PM
Well Normal difficulty really only has all the basic weapons, you wont find anything fantastic on Normal. You need to play Hard to start getting the good stuff, higher rank weapons and rare weapons. While you're still in Normal you'll just have to keep running through the latest area you unlocked to find the best stuff available for you.

_Vyser_
Jan 16, 2009, 09:25 PM
Just use whatever will give you the most damage over time so you can beat the game. Once you have access to hard mode, it becomes a lot easier to find better equipment. It just boils down to if you can survive a few runs of hard mode missions to get the good items. If you have time, do the Tower (last QUEST mission). Expect a few hours with that mission. The rewards, both in exp and in items, are very worthwhile.

Edit: I said free mission instead of quest (クエスト) mission, sorry!

sammyclemens
Jan 16, 2009, 09:42 PM
This is good to remember, it's been basically 3 years since picking up PSO that I forgot that normal really isn't anything but a dry run.
As for the castle mission, any info on what it looks like from a Kanji/Japanese perspective, or the visual cue (like the picture before the mission)?
I just kind of peddle through, honestly, but it's crazy, that addictive feeling still comes through even though I can't understand jack.
Thanks for reminding me a little that the good items come much later.
Dammit, they'll still be impossible to understand.

_Vyser_
Jan 16, 2009, 10:33 PM
I'll map it out for ya.

1) talk to the quest lady on the right
2) select the second option (starts with クエスト)
3) select difficulty -normal (ノーマル), -hard (ハード), or -super hard (スーパーハード)
4) press up and it should be the quest with the picture of a building with a cut in the middle and water in front.
5) survive 101 floors of fun!

Edit: forgot to mention that the 3rd option lets you bring NPCs with you if you didn't know that already.

PocketAsian
Jan 17, 2009, 03:58 AM
Well since he's still starting out, he can grab a weapon from the vending machine. Those will be a good start for weapons until he can get into hard or something.

Azure_wave
Jan 17, 2009, 04:23 AM
Yep, the power beam from the vending machine ungrinded has suited my ranger pretty well compared to the handguns and rifles I've found. The cannons and shots ARE more powerful but with the lack of combo and my usual habit of slow reacting I tend to get hurt more than I should. haha As for my hunter the terra-something (saber) is the most powerful and second most accurate melee weapon I have. Take the most popular advice though and explore the Eternal Tower on Hard/SH it'll take some time to get to the very top but it isn't stingy with the drops. best of luck ^_^