PDA

View Full Version : wepon% threshold?

fayt6
Jan 16, 2009, 07:31 PM
ok guys turning over a new psu leaf if you will lol
im not keeping items under 30ish% an i was wondering whats your wepon % threshold ?
and also should my % goal be higher?

ashley50
Jan 16, 2009, 07:37 PM
Whatever my PM gives me...or what my budget will get me. Usually 30+% is what i aim for.

With an Exception on armors...as they are quite expensive

fayt6
Jan 16, 2009, 07:39 PM
red hair always wins? lol an yea i get that but i had a ton of crea doubles but i didnt like em so im selling them btw 20ish %s an atleast 2 grinds so have a ball guys oh an armors yea they are expensive ...=/

Billy Mitchell
Jan 16, 2009, 07:39 PM
If you don't have 50s, you might as well take your broke-ass home.

But seriously, I'm a gunner.

GaNksTa
Jan 16, 2009, 07:41 PM
Originally, the law I went by was X/10 and above 20%. I've broken my X/10, though I'm still continuing on with the 20%+.

The only reason why it's 20% is because for some reason I cannot fathom using one below 20%. In my opinion it just looks better on your palette.

If you think about it, the damage difference between a couple percents doesn't make a big difference; maybe 10-15 more damage. Considering enemies usually have 14k+ health... 10-15 damage isn't going to make that much of a difference.

So.. 20%.. simply for aesthetics.

fayt6
Jan 16, 2009, 07:42 PM

well we herd from the Dbags xD jk
an as for gunning i would but its kinda boring lol

RemiusTA
red hair always wins? lol an yea i get that but i had a ton of crea doubles but i didnt like em so im selling them btw 20ish %s an atleast 2 grinds so have a ball guys oh an armors yea they are expensive ...=/

periods and commas omg

fayt6
periods and commas omg
Those exist ?

ashley50
Jan 16, 2009, 07:43 PM
Gunners and techers have fixed %s on weapons anyways, so no big deal :).
My main is a Gunner so i can take it a lil easy on my Fighter char.

shadowsniper6
Jan 16, 2009, 07:43 PM
Whatever i can get my greedy hands on lol

Ail
Jan 16, 2009, 08:34 PM
to me on weps

10%->18%= i'd prefer an okiku doll :???: ->almost decent (but i trash it anyway)
20%->28%= decent->almost good (i try to sell)
30%->38%= good->very good (i keep it if i don't make anything better)
42%46%= great (i won't try again synthing this element)
50%= :-o orgasm :-o

on armors is a different story. a 20% can be good anyway.. sometimes even less..

:bunny:

Alnet
Jan 16, 2009, 09:10 PM
If it's something I make, I try to keep it at 24%+, especially for armors. Unless it's an exceedingly rare item like Dagger of Serafi or something that I can't get often, then I probably won't use that item.

For anything that drops made, I try to get it at 20%+. If it's something with a fixed element, then I'll try to get one at the upper 20's.

If it's less than 20% on any item, I probably won't be using it (unless it's like 19%, since the difference between 19% and 20% isn't all that much).

stukasa
Jan 16, 2009, 09:21 PM
I prefer 30% or higher, but I'll take what I can get.

hunterseifer
Jan 16, 2009, 09:22 PM
to me on weps

10%->18%= i'd prefer an okiku doll :???: ->almost decent (but i trash it anyway)
20%->28%= decent->almost good (i try to sell)
30%->38%= good->very good (i keep it if i don't make anything better)
42%46%= great (i won't try again synthing this element)
50%= :-o orgasm :-o

on armors is a different story. a 20% can be good anyway.. sometimes even less..

:bunny:

Basically what this person said, but armors I go all slots and at least 28%+....basically serafi and armas

San Anto
Jan 16, 2009, 11:06 PM
30%+ although when it comes to spears i settle at 26%+.

mvffin
Jan 17, 2009, 01:01 AM
42 for the most part. Still annoyed at my 38% lightning gekitsnata. >_<

Deceptive
Jan 17, 2009, 01:21 AM
50% Only

Hiero_Glyph
Jan 17, 2009, 02:50 AM
42 for the most part. Still annoyed at my 38% lightning gekitsnata. >_<

I agree with this; 42%+ all the way. There are exceptions based on availability and pricing of course.

darkante
Jan 17, 2009, 03:47 AM
20 %, itīs pointless with lower unless you are just going for looks.

Gunner and techer weapon is 4, unless it breaks too much.

Ruru
Jan 17, 2009, 03:54 AM
for weapons i try for 28% at the lowest and strive for 30-50% if i can.

armor i can deal with 20%+ any lower i sell.

tadtwisted
Jan 17, 2009, 05:19 AM

lol :)

i got all my weapons to 30%+ so now im working on getting them to 40%+ but i have set weapons i use and they are not the best of the category (like for sword i use svaltus even when i know a kan yu is better, axe is bil de axe but the buti is better) as for armor i rock neutral on all my characters 2 armas line, 1 serafi-senba, and 1 yeil senba.

Celi-Ka
Jan 17, 2009, 05:56 AM
Striking Weapons - Double Sabers/Spears 30%+, otherwise depending on how difficult it is to obtain, 24% or higher.

Other Weapons - I'm generally okay with +2, since I consider myself super-unlucky with grinders. I'll take some risks whenever a grinding bonus is in place.

Armor - I'd love all my armor to be 30% or higher. When I get the mats rounded up I'll take that threshold more seriously. On rarer stuff (Serafi/Armas), I'm fine with 20% or more.

biggabertha
Jan 17, 2009, 06:11 AM
20%+ on S rank weapons, 30% + on A, B and C rank weapons. I have NPC'd SO many 9* A rank weapons just because they came out 28%...

Really should sell in my shop but... with the volatile-ness of the prices, they just never budge and most of the time, you get more money from the NPC anyway.

For Armours, it's the same. A, B and C rank armours all have to be over 30% while S rank ones just have to be over 20% for me.

Hey, I main a Protranser, alright?! What do I need good striking weapons for? Shigga Baret and Needle Cannon (Soon to be Love Infernos) are all I need!!

But getting 12% on something like a Muktengek sucks after the first one failing... then getting a 50% Matonohoc...

autumn
Jan 17, 2009, 08:52 AM
My higher leveled characters are GM and MF respectively so I don't really have much of an opinion on S rank %s seeing as I don't need them. For my all around hybrid type who plays as FiG, WT and AF and uses almost all A rank gear, the A ranks need to be either 42% with a high grind, or my preferred 46% or better. The exception to this would be my twin DB swords seeing as 26% is the highest % I've seen on them and I like them a great deal, or a seasonal / rare S rank that I like. I've got a low % halp serafi that I'm too cheap to upgrade, and if my dagger of serafi would have come out a low % I'd have still used it because of the look.

Neith
Jan 17, 2009, 09:18 AM
For S-Ranks, 20%+ is fine by me, it's not like I need any higher :lol: Of course, if a 50% wants to grace me with it's presence, I wouldn't say no :wacko:

For A-Ranks, I tend to aim for 30%+, but I'll use 20%+ if needed.

DarkEliteRico
Jan 17, 2009, 09:30 AM
I'll try to get 30+ for my acrofighter, some of the ones that I know I'll use and abuse I'll try to go for higher if my budget can support it. De rol le used to be merced on by some 46% Ran-misaki lol.

Kaloa
Jan 17, 2009, 09:37 AM
20%+ is fine with me for both weapons and armor. With armor though, sometimes I'll use less than 20%... just because it's so hard to get a good one.

overstockr1
Jan 17, 2009, 09:45 AM
Well I like weapons % 0-50 I don't whine about % I just play the game and in joy it.

Play the game don't whine about % don't be a baby the games to easy cry cry.

I solo EB S2 with neutral % weapons just for the fun of it to make the game harder.
And everyone wants it so dam easy its bor-ING .
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%% PS: KEEP THE %

Yusaku_Kudou
Jan 17, 2009, 11:31 AM
Whatever my PM gives me...or what my budget will get me. Usually 30+% is what i aim for.

With an Exception on armors...as they are quite expensive

Same here... I just woke up from a dream where I had a 66% Ice sword too. :(

hyperacute
Jan 17, 2009, 12:01 PM
Minimum of 30%+ on both weapons and armour (might accept 28% on something rare though). 10% weapons of any rank find their way into the offertory box pretty quickly.

darkfalz16
Jan 17, 2009, 12:43 PM
i dont use anything under 32% on my main idc how rare the item is

TheUpstreamer
Jan 18, 2009, 05:07 AM
I usually go for at least 30% and I have no problem using all A ranks. However, if there's a nice S rank out there for a low price, I'll gladly snatch it.

My armor almost always has to be at least 30%. it's pretty feasible too since I'm cool with A ranks.

Kylie
Jan 18, 2009, 01:08 PM
I like my weapons over 20%, but anything over that is more than fine. :-P I've sold every 50% weapon I've ever made though. Why? Well, the prices some of them go for aren't worth it in my opinion, so why would I not sell them?

I'd rather get the money and buy something that's much cheaper and only a few points off.

Shiryuu
Jan 18, 2009, 01:35 PM
15%+ is fine by me.

Atomic646
Jan 18, 2009, 02:47 PM
30%+ I try for no breaks but :/ and 24%+ armor

Hiro_EtBlue
Jan 18, 2009, 07:36 PM
42% and above for weapons and 30% and up for armor.

Noblewine
Jan 18, 2009, 08:19 PM
I'm not picky with whatever my PM is able to synth. As long as it comes out successful i don't really care. I don't grind as much now but but I try and see how far I get before I fail a grind.