PDA

View Full Version : Your chat bubble color mystery7

Nanoframe
Jan 16, 2009, 10:24 PM
Have you noticed evryone has a diffrent chat bubble color around their name? You cant see your own though you only see yours as red outside of missions. if you want to know ask someone what color yours is.

I guess there are around 9 colors red blue green orange pink etc, Its the same color for all your chars . It does not change and its tied to your account.

Could be interesting if any of your friends have the same color or if it matches your personality or has other hidden meaning

Ryno
Jan 16, 2009, 10:39 PM
yes .
when the game came out i picked my under clothing red.

Nanoframe
Jan 16, 2009, 10:50 PM
no it dont come from your under clothing color, its the same for all your chars....

ashley50
Jan 16, 2009, 10:53 PM
does it matter if it has a different color from others' screens? o_O

Mimo
Jan 16, 2009, 10:57 PM
when the characters are loading, you see clay figures, i heard that each clay figure is a certain color depending on your race/gender. for example, all beast women are yellow, so if your a fem beast, your chat bubble is yellow? :s

or!! if you are in a party, you get color coded so lets say you are the third to get invited, you get yellow and others may see you yellow... mebbe :p

i'unno just a thought xD

(i love yellow so i always tell my brother and sister to invite me third)

1st=red
2nd=green
3rd=yellow
4th=blue
5th=pink
6th=aqua

-for the ppl who were wondering the color orders xD

beatrixkiddo
Jan 16, 2009, 11:12 PM
Yes, that's how color bubbles work in parties. What the OP is referring to is when you talk in lobbies. My own text shows up red but to everyone else in a lobby, my bubble is pink. It's the same for me always and on all chars.

Nanoframe
Jan 16, 2009, 11:17 PM
as beatrix said. You get 1 never changing color color for your account. your chars dont affect it

Kylie
Jan 17, 2009, 12:13 AM
Mine's orange. It's not my favorite color, but whatever. :-P It's probably just a random color they assign to you when you sign up.

Mimo
Jan 17, 2009, 12:19 AM
Could be interesting if any of your friends have the same color or if it matches your personality or has other hidden meaning

just added an idea since the poster of this thread said it could be interesting xP

Macras
Jan 17, 2009, 01:30 AM
it probably had soemthing to do with your ID number...

stukasa
Jan 17, 2009, 05:19 PM
What??? o_o I never knew that! I mean, I noticed the colors were different but I didn't know it was always the same and tied to our account. *checks* Looking at my friend's screenshot, my color seems to be purple. Not bad, I guess. :p

Kylie
Jan 17, 2009, 05:40 PM
it probably had soemthing to do with your ID number...
Yeah, I'm sure if there's any sort of correlation here, it's with that.

Kirie
Jan 17, 2009, 11:35 PM
There are 12 colors for chat bubbles in the game, divide your ID number by 12 and the remainder determines your bubble color:
Remainder:
0=Red
1=Green
2=Yellow
3=Blue
4=Pink
5=Sky blue
6=Orange
7=Light Green
8=Purple
9=Dark Green
10=Lavender
11=Water

E.G. if your ID is 10000000, then your bubble color is 10000000/12=833333, remainder=4, which is pink

Well~ that's for JP PSU, but I am sure it works in similar ways here

XxAntMan215xX
Jan 17, 2009, 11:48 PM
You guys are hella smart i woulda never figured that out lol.

Macras
Jan 18, 2009, 12:23 AM
just tested it, and that is exactly how it works

i could probably write a javascript program for it if PSOW hosts it

Tetsaru
Jan 18, 2009, 12:24 AM
There are 12 colors for chat bubbles in the game, divide your ID number by 12 and the remainder determines your bubble color:
Remainder:
0=Red
1=Green
2=Yellow
3=Blue
4=Pink
5=Sky blue
6=Orange
7=Light Green
8=Purple
9=Dark Green
10=Lavender
11=Water

E.G. if your ID is 10000000, then your bubble color is 10000000/12=833333, remainder=4, which is pink

I wonder if there's some hidden correlation between this and the old PSO ID's affecting drops... I remember there used to be:

Redria
Pinkal
Oran
Yellowboze
Greenil
Viridia
Bluefull
Skyly
Purplenum
Whitill

...only 10 there compared to the chat bubble colors' 12, but I can't help but feel that there's an uncanny resemblance. o_o

Macras
Jan 18, 2009, 07:26 PM
javascripting is done, hosted on my site of it will dissappear in a few months

find out here (http://www.koopani.com/PSU/chatbubble.htm)

moomoopenguin
Jan 18, 2009, 07:39 PM
Remainder:
0=Red
1=Green
2=Yellow
3=Blue
4=Pink
5=Sky blue
6=Orange
7=Light Green
8=Purple
9=Dark Green
10=Lavender
11=Water

I think each server is different, because 360 servers start with 3------- and English PC/PS2 servers start with 2-------. But I mean that would be only reasonable explanation.

Edit: if yo replace the 3 or 2 with the 1 it works out perfectly lol

Libram
Jan 18, 2009, 08:10 PM
Mine is red

Ezodagrom
Jan 18, 2009, 09:51 PM
Never noticed that o_o
My color is blue, which is kinda my favourite color ^_^.

Syaoran_69
Jan 19, 2009, 12:42 AM
My colour is water... which ISN'T blue... apparently. What is this color, water?

Macras
Jan 19, 2009, 01:08 AM
from what i've gathered after making it is that its a sort of aqua

beatrixkiddo
Jan 19, 2009, 01:17 AM
Nice work, whoever made that java applet.

Macras
Jan 19, 2009, 02:10 AM
Nice work, whoever made that java applet.

i thank you for the compliment on such a lame piece of work.

i TRIED to change it so part of the table would change colors, but instead i was only able to make it so the background changes colors with the answer.

also, i cant keep it hosted forever unfortunately so if anyone else can host it i would be most appreciative.

SJW89
Jan 23, 2009, 03:19 AM
Mine is pink >:(

zandra117
Jan 24, 2009, 04:45 AM
Water... I guess that makes me Skyly again?

XFoxPrower
Jan 26, 2009, 02:29 AM
i thank you for the compliment on such a lame piece of work.

i TRIED to change it so part of the table would change colors, but instead i was only able to make it so the background changes colors with the answer.

also, i cant keep it hosted forever unfortunately so if anyone else can host it i would be most appreciative.

Neat findings :). Nice to see more scripters here too. May need some tweaking before presenting it to PSO-World though as they may not like the whole page's bgcolor changing. Changing only the table's bgcolor as you intended is possible. Contact me if you'd like some javascript help. I made the PSOBB Section ID Calculator http://pso-world.com/secid_BB.php :D.

Macras
Jan 26, 2009, 03:36 AM
Neat findings :). Nice to see more scripters here too. May need some tweaking before presenting it to PSO-World though as they may not like the whole page's bgcolor changing. Changing only the table's bgcolor as you intended is possible. Contact me if you'd like some javascript help. I made the PSOBB Section ID Calculator http://pso-world.com/secid_BB.php :D.

im probably never gunna get around to working on it again so if you wanna take what i got and work on it, go for it.

XFoxPrower
Jan 26, 2009, 11:29 PM
im probably never gunna get around to working on it again so if you wanna take what i got and work on it, go for it.

You sure about this? I'll do it if you won't, but figured I'd let others have a chance at it. I would have less to gain, learning-wise.

XFoxPrower
Jan 29, 2009, 12:32 AM
It's complete. I still need some feedback from 360 users though. Enjoy :)

http://tailsarchive.net/re/psu/color/