PDA

View Full Version : Jan. 19, Maintenance...

Atomic646
Jan 18, 2009, 03:05 PM
Anybody Nervous, I mean you all remember the last time there was "Maintenance".

ashley50
Jan 18, 2009, 03:37 PM
no...enlighten me.

Gunslinger-08
Jan 18, 2009, 03:45 PM
Anybody Nervous, I mean you all remember the last time there was "Maintenance".

You know what happens when you "assume".....

joefro
Jan 18, 2009, 03:49 PM
Just don't play on Tuesday. I sure as hell don't plan on it. After the second rollback during Parum GBR, I don't play PSU for a week after maintenance. And I'm still aware that they could have a rollback.

When you play PSU it's like you're playing an RPG with a corrupt memory card. You never know if your game will save.

Kylie
Jan 18, 2009, 05:16 PM
I'm not too worried about it, but I am curious to see what they need the downtime for.

unicorn
Jan 18, 2009, 05:54 PM
Visual Tech Nef.

ashley50
Jan 18, 2009, 08:50 PM
just what I've been waiting for

WhiteKnight01
Jan 18, 2009, 09:04 PM
Visual Tech Nef.

huray!!!

Follisimo
Jan 18, 2009, 09:12 PM
It's probably gonna be something along the lines of fixing or whatever to the Xbox demo of PSU. It won't be anything worthwhile because SEGA isn't capable of success.

WHlTEKNIGHT
Jan 19, 2009, 12:30 AM
Nothing to do with the demo, its a different server to the main game. Personally I think its to fix something that was found to be buggy a while ago............

majan
Jan 19, 2009, 12:36 AM
I hope they fix the damn graphics. besides subpar online content management on SEGAC's part,that's really what sets this rpg behind the others. I mean we all know graphics arent everything, but you just can't fully enjoy a game with ps2 graphics,running at 10-15 fps at times,on an xbox 360,the way you would.graphics junkie or not,it just damps the buzz.

Majarra
Jan 19, 2009, 01:27 AM
Because these days you can create new graphics in just an update.

Micki_Monday
Jan 19, 2009, 01:28 AM
Just don't play on Tuesday. I sure as hell don't plan on it. After the second rollback during Parum GBR, I don't play PSU for a week after maintenance. And I'm still aware that they could have a rollback.

When you play PSU it's like you're playing an RPG with a corrupt memory card. You never know if your game will save.

Hahahaha that's gotta be like the best way of putting it that I ever heard!

DesuJet
Jan 19, 2009, 05:25 AM
I'm gonna enjoy watching everyone get their hopes up and then ultimately be disappointed because this "emergency maintenance" is gonna be a normal maintenance period. The servers won't be going down until 2 p.m. where I live and I'll be asleep during that time. I'm so excited! xD

Vent
Jan 19, 2009, 09:53 AM
I always write dd-mm-yy. <_< My bad I guess. Still my point stands. :-P

Rambo!
Jan 19, 2009, 10:27 AM
I feel a need to post in this highly irrelevant topic. Therefore I decree that we change the meaning of the op to the wait for our next content update from segac.

Until that happens I will be playing dawn of war 2 beta that comes out in 2 days

what will you do while we wait for new content? besides running white beast s2

Melissa805
Jan 19, 2009, 12:41 PM
Visual Tech Nef.

I am sorry I have never leveled a techer before and I am interested in what they are doing. Can you please explain what you mean by Visual Tech Nef.? I would really appriate it.

Neith
Jan 19, 2009, 12:44 PM
I am sorry I have never leveled a techer before and I am interested in what they are doing. Can you please explain what you mean by Visual Tech Nef.? I would really appriate it.

Visual Tech Nerf is so that players with low-end PC's/PS2s (not sure how it affects 360) can play in parties with techers without being lagged all the time.

Basically, if a Techer in your party has techs that are Lv31 or higher, they will appear visually as Lv21-tier (which generally aren't as big or flashy as theit Lv31 counterparts). It's a very lazy way of reducing lag, and if/when we get it, it won't be optional.

Of course, if YOU play a techer, then your techs at 31+ will still appear as Lv31+ visually to you, just not to other players.

Ezodagrom
Jan 19, 2009, 12:46 PM

Basically, when playing in a party, techs higher than lvl 31 will look like as if they were lvl 21+ to other players in the party, instead of having their real lvl 31+ or 41+ look.
For example, if a Masterforce uses a lvl 41 Rafoie, other party members will see it as if it was a lvl 21 Rafoie. The visual nerf doesn't affect the user of the techs though, it'll just affect the techs other party members use.

Quote from psupedia:

Attack TECHNIC visuals will be adjusted at LV31+ so that only the caster will see the effect. Everyone else will see the TECHNIC in its LV21-30 form.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 19, 2009, 12:49 PM
Because these days you can create new graphics in just an update.

Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Cause Lineage 2 has upgraded their graphics in "just an update" over 5 times.

Rust
Jan 19, 2009, 12:56 PM
Like if I cared, I haven't touched the game last week, and probably won't this one either.
Unless they rollback to before the end of GBR, which I doubt, even from SEGA, I have nothing to be scared about.

Is this supposed to be sarcasm? Cause Lineage 2 has upgraded their graphics in "just an update" over 5 times.

But Lineage 2 isn't updated for PS2 users, as far as I know.

ShuttleXpC
Jan 19, 2009, 12:59 PM
Like if I cared, I haven't touched the game last week, and probably won't this one either.
Unless they rollback to before the end of GBR, which I doubt, even from SEGA, I have nothing to be scared about.

But Lineage 2 isn't updated for PS2 users, as far as I know.

Sure isn't, but they have already signed a deal with console makers to get their MMO's on console. You get what I'm saying though, this guy thinks you cannot upgrade something by a patch.

JAFO22000
Jan 19, 2009, 01:13 PM
You know what happens when you "assume".....

At this point, it is less of an assumption and more of a pattern.

If one milked a cow 50 times in the past 3 months and this particular cow NEVER gave milk, should one assume they'd get milk on the 51st try or would they start to see a pattern and become surprised if milk actually came out???

Melissa805
Jan 19, 2009, 01:15 PM
Visual Tech Nerf is so that players with low-end PC's/PS2s (not sure how it affects 360) can play in parties with techers without being lagged all the time.

Basically, if a Techer in your party has techs that are Lv31 or higher, they will appear visually as Lv21-tier (which generally aren't as big or flashy as theit Lv31 counterparts). It's a very lazy way of reducing lag, and if/when we get it, it won't be optional.

Of course, if YOU play a techer, then your techs at 31+ will still appear as Lv31+ visually to you, just not to other players.

Thank you I believe that might help alot. Because Ive seen people talking constantly about how much they hate masterforce because of the lag it makes for one. So I think if they do what you have mentioned here it will make alot of people happier. Although It is lame that it isnt optional because I dont have trouble with lag and I would like to see the spells.

RedCoKid
Jan 19, 2009, 01:25 PM
Hahahaha that's gotta be like the best way of putting it that I ever heard!
OMG, hi Micki! Your techs look hawt!!

On-topic, I wonder if this will be a regular maintenance that was rescheduled due to the security upgrade on Thursday.

Golto
Jan 19, 2009, 01:56 PM
I think it will be something unrelated to content.

Alecc
Jan 19, 2009, 01:59 PM
as if they wouldn´t need a couple emergency maintenances on friday/saturday lol

buzyb77
Jan 19, 2009, 03:22 PM
I think it will be something unrelated to content.

I think this will be the way it will works........

But I hope for..

Item modifications

Photon Charges will be modified so that when used from the action palette on two single-handed weapons, instead of replenishing only 50% of the max PP of each weapon, it will refill all PP for each weapon.

Graphics modifications
Attack TECHNIC visuals will be adjusted at LV31+ so that only the caster will see the effect. Everyone else will see the TECHNIC in its LV21-30 form

Rare mission appearance adjustments

The method of finding a rare mission will be modified as follows:
Any party member can receive a rare mission; it is no longer exclusive to the leader.
When a party member receives a rare mission, a message will be displayed on the screens of all party members to say who received the mission.
Eligible players must be in the field at the time of a mission's end.
Eligible players must have been a part of the party for at least 80% of the total mission time.
The number of people in a party will no longer affect the chances of receiving a rare mission.

Party display at mission counters

The order parties are displayed at mission counters when you elect to join a party will be changed so that parties you are eligible to join will be displayed first. Preferences will be set so that the order will be based on the amount of time each party has spent in the mission as well as total party members.

Player shop pricing adjustments
The following changes will be made to the pricing system of player shops:
If you change the price of an existing item in your shop, the initial value displayed will default to the current value instead of 0.
If you add an item to your shop that already exists, the initial value displayed when setting the price will default to the price of the item already in your shop instead of 0. In the case of multiple items with different values, the highest of those prices will become the default value.

Party leader rights

To help combat clear/boss box booting, the party leader loses the right to remove a player from the party after a trial has been cleared.

GUARDIANS Branch transfer

Additional NPCs will be added to each GUARDIANS Branch to allow for direct transfer from one location to another.

In for an inch might as ywell take a yard....

Noblewine
Jan 19, 2009, 04:22 PM
When I get home from work the servers will be up and running again. I'm just taking it easy and probably going to read for awhile.

Macras
Jan 19, 2009, 04:27 PM

the most major thing wrong with this statement is how the data is saved. the data for BOTH PS2 and 360 is saved on a disk so its pretty obvious you kiddies who need pretty graphics are forever to have your eye sockets burned out by graphical stylings of PSU or until you switch games,PSU dies, ect.

Chuck_Norris
Jan 19, 2009, 04:51 PM
what will you do while we wait for new content? besides running white beast s2

I'm gonna run White Beast A!